Author Topic: Tech Help!  (Read 1773 times)

Tech Help!
« on: December 11, 2011, 02:03:59 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Is it possible to share a internet wireless connection via ethernet cable ???

Re: Tech Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 02:36:27 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
any help with this? Let me elaborate. I have a pc (that is the main) in the house. Itd connected to the router. there is also another pc that has a wireless car in it thats connected. that pc has an ethernet port also, is it possible to connect a ethernet cord in that port to connect with another pc via ethernet and use the wireless connected pc internet? confusing

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 03:02:45 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
there is also another pc that has a wireless card* in it thats connected. that pc has an ethernet port also, is it possible to connect a ethernet cord in that port to connect with another pc via ethernet and use the wireless connected pc internet? confusing

you lost me on that one...that other PC already is connected via wireless, so why would you connect it with an ethernet? thats redundant.

If you mean, can you still connect an ethernet to the port for internet then YES

If you mean, can you connect a PC to another PC via ethernet then NO

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 03:13:34 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Hmm I'm not sure..

If it's any consolation, though.. I used to have my laptop connected via WiFi and then I used to connect my Xbox 360 to that to play Xbox Live (connected via ethernet, of course.)

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 03:14:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
any help with this? Let me elaborate. I have a pc (that is the main) in the house. Itd connected to the router. there is also another pc that has a wireless car in it thats connected. that pc has an ethernet port also, is it possible to connect a ethernet cord in that port to connect with another pc via ethernet and use the wireless connected pc internet? confusing
Yeah rtpas11 try again.

You have a modem

You have a wireless router with ethernet ports

You have a PC with a wireless card... feel free to connect this wirelessly

You have a PC without a wireless card... connect this to your router using the ethernet cable.

fin