Author Topic: Getting sick of people throwing Jeff Green in trades just for the hell of it!  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I really don't like the Green talk trading him.

For one, that just leave Daniels to cover two spots, and he hasn't played a full season the last couple years. And SG's are falling off the radar quick. Im hoping at least Redd could still have a couple minutes left.

And two, he's a good player. Every one sees the what he did last year and just X's him out. For one he came to a team with high expectations, from a team that people didn't expect him to do things, so he just could play.
 Not only that, you come in for a guy people love like a brother. And then your expected to fill his spot. And that with out a preseason to get to know the system and players.

You could see at time when he got a couple easy baskets he got loose and played well. He runs the floor very well, how many near full court passes did Rondo make to Green for easy buckets??

I think with even the short preseason, people getting over Perk, and more minutes and maybe even some starts to give PP a rest and keep fresh he's going to have a very good year.

The only down side is that he's okay with being good, were Rondo,KG,Allen,Peirce want to be great. I think Dany did the one year to see if some of that rubs off on Green. Because if it dose, I think he could be one of the elite SF of the game.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Well don't worry we can't trade him for 90 days now.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah, I feel like putting out a public service announcement.  Celtics fans, please remove Jeff Green and E'Twaun Moore from any trade proposals; neither can be traded at this point.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
If we loose Green we are right back where we started, too many minutes for our most versatile player, Paul Pierce, who we need healthy come playoffs.  I like marquis' signing and appreciate his game, I do not however want him to be the primary sf backup.

Offline henr1k

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58

Yeah, I feel like putting out a public service announcement.  Celtics fans, please remove Jeff Green and E'Twaun Moore from any trade proposals; neither can be traded at this point.

You are right about Green but Moore and JJJ haven't signed their rookie contracts yet. That's why they weren't practicing with the rest of the team yesterday.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

You must be getting sick of saying the same thing over and over again. Maybe you really should put this announcement on the front page...

Offline BigGovy

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Well anyone can be traded especially with Danny at the helm no one is safe but i too ma sick of hearing about green as a throw in with no value crap also. I agree with all the authors points. He runs the flow extremely well and there have been more than flashes of his potential. He reminds me a lot of Reggie Lewis when he posts up which is a part of his game that will flourish with the more touches he gets in those situations.