Author Topic: Enough with the LAL/HOU/NOH nonsense... Do this deal instead  (Read 6764 times)

Re: Enough with the LAL/HOU/NOH nonsense... Do this deal instead
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 02:21:12 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
NOH trades:

Chris Paul
David West (S&T, $8.4 million starting salary)

BOS trades:

Rajon Rondo
Jermaine O'Neal
Avery Bradley
JuJuan Johnson
Sasha Pavlovic (S&T for minimum to make salaries match)
#1 pick

We can no longer include Jeff Green in the deal, so this is about the best we're going to be able to offer.  I still think it gives New Orleans more of a future than the Lakers / Rockets deal.

this clearly would be a huge win for the Cs. but I think Jeff Green was the extra chip that might have made the trade make sense to the league (and thus approvable).

not sure why Danny would have turned JG into an unmovable chip at this point with so many possibilities still out there.

also, I think this would still need to be a three team trade given JOs unwillingness to go to NO.

Re: Enough with the LAL/HOU/NOH nonsense... Do this deal instead
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 02:44:55 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
NOH trades:

Chris Paul
David West (S&T, $8.4 million starting salary)

BOS trades:

Rajon Rondo
Jermaine O'Neal
Avery Bradley
JuJuan Johnson
Sasha Pavlovic (S&T for minimum to make salaries match)
#1 pick

We can no longer include Jeff Green in the deal, so this is about the best we're going to be able to offer.  I still think it gives New Orleans more of a future than the Lakers / Rockets deal.

this clearly would be a huge win for the Cs. but I think Jeff Green was the extra chip that might have made the trade make sense to the league (and thus approvable).

not sure why Danny would have turned JG into an unmovable chip at this point with so many possibilities still out there.

also, I think this would still need to be a three team trade given JOs unwillingness to go to NO.

I agree that offer has lost a big chip in Jeff Green but I think Rajon Rondo's presence continues to make this the best offer out there at the moment. And will continue to do so as long as other teams refuse to put in their top talent (Clippers with E.Gordon, Warriors with Steph Curry).

Similar to the Garnett trade a few years ago when Danny traded the #5 pick (Mr. Jeff Green) to Seattle and weakened his offer to Minny ... but even without that pick, Boston still had the most to offer Minnesota (from Minny's viewpoint).

I think the league's mandate for younger talent only strengthens the Celtics offer of Rajon Rondo and will force Dell Demps and the rest of the Hornets management to strongly reconsider their previous stance.