Author Topic: Enough with the LAL/HOU/NOH nonsense... Do this deal instead  (Read 6763 times)

Re: Enough with the LAL/HOU/NOH nonsense... Do this deal instead
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 11:22:26 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
NOH trades:

Chris Paul
David West (S&T, $8.4 million starting salary)

BOS trades:

Rajon Rondo
Jermaine O'Neal
Avery Bradley
JuJuan Johnson
Sasha Pavlovic (S&T for minimum to make salaries match)
#1 pick

We can no longer include Jeff Green in the deal, so this is about the best we're going to be able to offer.  I still think it gives New Orleans more of a future than the Lakers / Rockets deal.

Not buying that deal beats Martin/Odom/Scola.
sure it does.  would you want Khloe Kardasian in your arena?   ;D

i couldnt even chill with her after a 40oz and sum oohhh weeeee!
in my house

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 11:34:25 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
NOH trades:

Chris Paul

BOS trades:

Rajon Rondo
Jermaine O'Neal
Avery Bradley
JuJuan Johnson
#1 pick

We can no longer include Jeff Green in the deal, so this is about the best we're going to be able to offer.  I still think it gives New Orleans more of a future than the Lakers / Rockets deal.

Don't let David Stern see that trade idea or he will revoke your blogging priveledges, Roy :p
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 12:06:11 AM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
With reports of the Lakers pulling out of a deal for CP3, this proposed deal by Roy H. might have some interesting appeal to it...

Wouldn't it be funny if this proposal ends up coming to fruition (or something VERY close to it)....

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 03:11:58 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
this deal or something very like it is probably the best chance the celtics have of getting chris paul.  i doubt it happens though.  after this lakers trade debacle i think howard will be traded within the next few days, but cp3 won't get resolution until a few weeks into the season, if not a bit later.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 03:29:40 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
CP is a punk who doesn't deserve to be a Celtic, he will leave and we better keep Rondo now, Only trade Rondo for Howard then sign Deron,or if Howard becomes a FA (unlikely at this point) we sign him.
Besides even if we trade for CP and West we couldn't get Howard,you'd have to send West to a 3rd team to get room for Dwight, but it isn't worth it anymore.

Keep Rondo and try attract Dwight with his play, this season Rondo has a chance to improve his game.

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 08:33:55 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
CP is a punk who doesn't deserve to be a Celtic, he will leave and we better keep Rondo now, Only trade Rondo for Howard then sign Deron,or if Howard becomes a FA (unlikely at this point) we sign him.
Besides even if we trade for CP and West we couldn't get Howard,you'd have to send West to a 3rd team to get room for Dwight, but it isn't worth it anymore.

Keep Rondo and try attract Dwight with his play, this season Rondo has a chance to improve his game.

We're not getting Howard.  He doesn't want to play here.  Also, what team with cap room is going to sign CP3?  It won't be NY or the Lakers.

Having CP3 + West (on a reasonable contract) is about the best we can possibly hope for, in my opinion.

CP3 / Dooling
Ray / Marquis
Pierce / Green
West / Bass
KG / Wilcox

That's a championship contender; on paper, the only team that can compete with us is Miami.  Championships aren't won on paper, but I'd rather go into the season with that team instead of putting all of my eggs into the imaginary Dwight Howard basket.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 09:20:52 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Why can't we no longer include Green in the deal? Is it because his cap figure is at 9M and salaries wont match? Because if it is, we could always take back Ariza in the deal.

Rondo 10
Green 9
JO 6.7 (I believe that's the number with the trade kicker)
Bradley 1.5

Paul 16
West 8 (roughly)
Ariza 6.7

Plus, we could always sweeten the deal with draft picks and 3M cash. This would give NO the young talent, draft picks, and shedding of contracts (Ariza's runs until 2014) that Stern was looking for.

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 09:22:57 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Why can't we no longer include Green in the deal?

Green has signed a free agent contract.  He can't be traded for 90 days now.  (He could have been involved in a sign-and-trade, but at this point, his contract has been processed, which shuts the door on the S&T option.)

Similarly, Moore can't be included in a deal, because he has signed a rookie deal, and can't be traded for 30 days.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Keep Rondo, just focus on West.

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 09:28:12 AM »

Offline Aeacus

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 110

We're not getting Howard.  He doesn't want to play here.  Also, what team with cap room is going to sign CP3?  It won't be NY or the Lakers.

Having CP3 + West (on a reasonable contract) is about the best we can possibly hope for, in my opinion.

CP3 / Dooling
Ray / Marquis
Pierce / Green
West / Bass
KG / Wilcox

That's a championship contender; on paper, the only team that can compete with us is Miami.  Championships aren't won on paper, but I'd rather go into the season with that team instead of putting all of my eggs into the imaginary Dwight Howard basket.

Totally agree and I'd be surprised if that Odom trade isn't the first move in sequence to get Howard to the Lakers.  Seems strange to dump him for so little return otherwise.

Unfortunately while this trade would be awesome, I think Celticsblog have to take over Stern's office in some kind of armed coup to get it approved. The league office seems delusional over how much they've hurt CP3's trade value and what NO can get in return.  

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 10:05:26 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

CP3 / Dooling
Ray / Marquis
Pierce / Green
West / Bass
KG / Wilcox

The same arguement could be made about CP, he doesn't like the Celtics, I'm keeping my hopes that Dwight will be a free agent.

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 10:12:24 AM »

Offline UKCATS1250

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1

CP3 / Dooling
Ray / Marquis
Pierce / Green
West / Bass
KG / Wilcox

The same arguement could be made about CP, he doesn't like the Celtics, I'm keeping my hopes that Dwight will be a free agent.

i understand where guys are coming from.  if i were paul or howard, i would be hesitant to play in boston, given the fact that the roster is aging.  however, hasn't DA shown that he cares about winning above most everything else?  isn't that the kind of organization that guys should be flocking to?  not running away from?  i don't get it....

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 11:08:58 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
NOH trades:

Chris Paul

BOS trades:

Rajon Rondo
Jermaine O'Neal
Avery Bradley
JuJuan Johnson
#1 pick

I'm good with this. Excellent post. TP.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 11:10:53 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I love the deal and would do it in a heartbeat.  I just hope Danny doesn't get so ambitious that he loses out on both of them. 

I could live without Paul (though I very much want him); however, I'll be devastated if we miss out on West. 

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 11:12:46 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

CP3 / Dooling
Ray / Marquis
Pierce / Green
West / Bass
KG / Wilcox

Could not agree more.

I talk a lot on here, too, about a bridge to the future, and if you do this deal, you have that bridge. You get a contender, and a serious down payment on your future so you get to work signing CP3.

I agree entirely that Howard is a pipe dream.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."