Author Topic: Concerning development in David West deal: JJJ and E'Tuan???  (Read 14917 times)

Concerning development in David West deal: JJJ and E'Tuan???
« on: December 10, 2011, 08:27:33 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Man now it looks like we may be giving up JJJ and Moore????

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217333/West_To_Boston_Deal_Remains_On_Hold

This is a very disconcerting development, especially in light of the inequity in the CP3 trade that looks like is gonna happen.

What's going on???

Re: Concerning development in David West deal: JJJ and E'Tuan???
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 08:29:52 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2535
Man now it looks like we may be giving up JJJ and Moore????

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217333/West_To_Boston_Deal_Remains_On_Hold

This is a very disconcerting development, especially in light of the inequity in the CP3 trade that looks like is gonna happen.

What's going on???

JO, JJJ and EM for West will be a gift.  If the C's get him for JO and one of the two rookies, even better.  

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 08:33:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715
I don't think we will ever miss JJJ and EM. Moore will be lucky if he's stil in the league in 2 years and JJJ would never come close to the level of West imo.

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 08:33:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't see it as disconcerting.  Getting an all-star quality player for two rookies who have never played a game is a steal for us.  Plus, Woj didn't say they'll definitely be included.  However, even if so, we need to pull the trigger.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Yeah, if including the two rookies means the Celtics keep the Clippers' first rounder, it's a no-brainer.

With West and Bass locked up for at least this season and next, the PF rotation is set.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 08:34:55 PM »

Offline TaxiDriver2500

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
  • A Legend in his own mind..
I don't see it as disconcerting.  Getting an all-star quality player for two rookies who have never played a game is a steal for us.  Plus, Woj didn't say they'll definitely be included.  However, even if so, we need to pull the trigger.
couldn't agree more. rookies are such an unknown asset. especially on draft day, because for most guys its about the work you put in after you get picked.
Too much coffee and Gatorade. It's a hell of a mix. If you're ever tired in the morning, just try that mix, and tell me what you think. -Kevin Garnett

"My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the f***ing truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this."

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 08:37:29 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Still...I hope its Pavlovic. Would be grand theft auto if it goes through. Wasn't this just a part of NO's plan? So the filler shouldn't matter since they're looking to use JO's expiring contract.

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 08:39:35 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
couldn't agree more. rookies are such an unknown asset. especially on draft day, because for most guys its about the work you put in after you get picked.

so true.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 08:40:30 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
yeah, if you have to include them then so be it.  id rather not see both of them go as well as the clippers pick.  the hornets are just facilitating a sign and trade, after all.

i do have a lot of optimism for JJJ, so i really hope he isn't included in the deal.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Funny though that JJJ and Moore are desired by NOH, now, but when the CP3 talks were happening using them with Rondo, Green, 2 1sts wasn't enough?

Thought that was just what the NOH were looking for: young players and picks:

a young, talented pg with championship experience, a young wing with big potential, 2 rookies and 2 firsts.

6 young assets: not enough huh?

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 08:48:35 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Funny though that JJJ and Moore are desired by NOH, now, but when the CP3 talks were happening using them with Rondo, Green, 2 1sts wasn't enough?

Thought that was just what the NOH were looking for: young players and picks:

a young, talented pg with championship experience, a young wing with big potential, 2 rookies and 2 firsts.

6 young assets: not enough huh?

Completely Agree.

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 08:51:49 PM »

Offline tunafish

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
DANNY DONT GIVE THEM JJJ!!! Sign Mike Sweetney to a guaranteed deal and have him cook for and room with JAJUAN.. JJJ will be our new starting center IN NO TIME

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 08:55:27 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I need DA's cell number to Cancel the Trade.

No way, no how, no JJJ in any trade.

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 08:56:14 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Deal makes a lot of sense to me. We need to pick up David West for Jermaine O Neal. We have Brandon Bassand Chris Wallace in tow. Jeff Green is coming back. Marquis Daniels is coming back. All we need is a back up Pg and the Knicks have just let go o f Chauncey Billups. I don't know if we can take advantage of that, though.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 08:56:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
david west is a proven, superior nba player who had 3-4 years of excellent play left.

jjj is an unknown who would take 2-3 years to development...at best.

moore is a second rounder who will be lucky to draw a nba paycheck 3 years from now.

if those two are what it takes to get david west, then ainge is a genius to pull it off.

would i like to give nothing for west and keep everyone? sure, but let's face facts, you have to give up something to get something in trades.

this trade favors the celtics.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva