If you know as little about Steimsma I, perhaps this scouting report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/379858-keys-to-the-wolf-den-greg-stiemsma-and-the-final-verdict-on-the-wolves)from
his time with the Timberwolves in 2010 will be of interest. Some pertinent details:
‘Looking at some footage, there are some good things I've noticed:
• A true center, a big body, a defensive specialist, and will fit next to a great post power forward post presence.
• Alters an incredible number of shots if they aren't blocked.
• Knows his role, doesn't play outside of his skill set.
• Decent lateral quickness, very mobile, can run the floor very well.
• Relentless and powerful.
• High energy/intensity and intimidation, plays with passion.
Now for the bad:
• His reflexes are slow, so Pau Gasol or Al Jefferson would score on him one on one, so a weakside shot blocker would be ideal.
• Gets in foul trouble
• A complete offensive liability.
• Developing basketball I.Q, much a work in progress but has made strides since his days in college.
Sounds to me a bit like Kendrick Perkins, which isn’t all bad eh? My green-tinted lenses do help, but I must admit I find myself cautiously optimistic—certainly more so than throughout the summer.