Author Topic: Why I like both KG at Center and the Trade for DWest  (Read 3123 times)

Why I like both KG at Center and the Trade for DWest
« on: December 10, 2011, 09:31:18 PM »

Offline PatMan5000

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
First of all KG is 6 11 with such long arms he has the wingspan of a 7 footer. Besides Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler, and Nene when healthy and actually playing to his full ability, I can't think of a guy I'd rather have at center. Everyone says "KG is too old, blah blah blah" Well KG is going to get plenty of rest now which makes him a lot younger. I don't know how many of you have recently played a game of basketball buy if you play for 40 minuets after about 20 straight minuets your more concerned with the sweat dripping all over your face than defense. But if you sit down for 5-10 minuets, you come into the game feeling fresh and ready to go. And for a guy like KG who has played professionally for 15 years I don't think the transition from being the "center of attention" to sharing his minuets and getting some extra rest will be a problem. Then he anchors the Defense. On and off the court. You ever see him screaming at Glen Davis for example for the past few years? Which by the way I don't think he will have to make Brandon Bass cry on national tv by getting in his face about defense because Bass plays with focus and I have a feeling Bass and KG will get along pretty well on and off the court. David West when healthy is an excellent offensive player and 2 time all star. If there were 10 minuets left in the game and the team was down 10, I'd put KG at center and West at PF. If we were up by 10 thrown in bass at PF instead of West. Then you throw in Wilcox to take the load off KG and I could envision Bass playing some Center just like Big Baby did, except he plays DEFENSE. Then Danny and the boys added Greg Stiemsma a 6 11 guy who if you look at some pictures online looks like a mixture of Chris Kaman and The Birdman (not Larry the one covered in tatoo's) I thought he would get cut but after seeing he averaged 3.7 blocks in the D League as well as about 8 or 9 boards, I'd much rather have him in the game than lets say Semi Erdan and Luke Harangody. It also helps he speaks english, plays defense and won't be throwing up 3 pointers and air balling under pressure. The guy stands under the rim, just where you want your center to be. And thats just the big men. If the trade goes down as mentioned JO would be the only guy leaving the team so we would have 14 under contract. If we throw in one or two of our rookies out of Purdue, then we can not only add 1 veteran to the team but 2 or three. And when your core of stars if you add Dwest to the mix are all over 30 besides Rondo, you take a few proven vets over a couple rookies when you've got 1 year left as far as contract situations go with these guys. Then the rest of the team should be just fine, Green can move to back up SF and not have to worry about playing PF and now Paul Peirce has not only a legitimate back up but a guy who if he can step it up can score some easy points against other teams benches. Ray is your 2 guard, the best 3pt shooter in NBA history who might as well become a player/assistant coach now. And Marquis Daniels can now be a 2 guard and not have to play the 3 as Green will be doing that. Rondo has a nice back up in Dooling who can hit 3 pointers and unlike last years back up Nate Robinson, might not be the funniest guy on the team but won't be trying to score 50 points every game. And you add a few vets , Delonte West, Reggie Evans, Kawame Brown and even Allen Iverson all come to mind. You've got a great team for one Championship before you make Ray Allen and KG take pay cuts and sign Dwight Howard ;) Celtics, Heat, Bulls, Knicks all have a shot at the eastern conferance championship and it all comes down to the playoffs. Might as well get as many veterans as you can so KG, the new DWest, Paul, and Ray can rest up and get ready to trash talk Lebron James into an "off night"

Re: Why I like both KG at Center and the Trade for DWest
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 09:36:36 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Paragraphs would have helped. :)

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Yeah I started to read it, but my eyes started to cross. But from the beginning. I like this move so far too.

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 09:47:34 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
:O A wall of text.

Even if the Heat get Jermaine O'Neal, what we have right now, on just day 2 of the FA, can handle the Heat. We were playing 5 on 4 not because Rondo can't shoot but because outside of the big 4 we have zero depth. Big Baby had ego/weight/injury/other problems and Shaq and JO were injured (or old in JO's case). If anything, we have the depth to play small ball.

Wilcox is a hell of a pickup, by the way. Not as defensively horrific as Shaq but on the offensive end Wilcox works with Rondo.

To have Ray+KG come off the bench for vet mins after this year would indeed be enough reason to keep the core together.

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 09:58:31 PM »

Offline PatMan5000

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4

**** hey I'm not a professional sports writer. Any openings at CelticsBlog.com for another writer? If so, I will make sure to add proper spacing next time ;)

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

**** hey I'm not a professional sports writer. Any openings at CelticsBlog.com for another writer? If so, I will make sure to add proper spacing next time ;)
Your third post all-time, PatMan and it's a novel.  You need to pace yourself if you are in it for the long haul.   ;)

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 10:05:15 AM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Everyone says "KG is too old, blah blah blah" Well KG is going to get plenty of rest now which makes him a lot younger. I don't know how many of you have recently played a game of basketball buy if you play for 40 minuets after about 20 straight minuets your more concerned with the sweat dripping all over your face than defense. But if you sit down for 5-10 minuets, you come into the game feeling fresh and ready to go.

I get what you're saying, but there's a huge difference between being fresh and being young. KG isn't as agile as he used to be or as explosive. He doesn't play in the paint nearly as much on either side of the court and has become better as a help defender so he can roam and cause havoc. Putting him at C might mess that up.

If there were 10 minuets left in the game and the team was down 10, I'd put KG at center and West at PF. If we were up by 10 thrown in bass at PF instead of West. Then you throw in Wilcox to take the load off KG and I could envision Bass playing some Center just like Big Baby did, except he plays DEFENSE.
It's harder to mix and match guys like that in real life. There are egos and emotions, and players' rhythms on the line. Having different squads might work in the regular season but what about our playoff rotation?

Then Danny and the boys added Greg Stiemsma...I'd much rather have him in the game than lets say Semi Erdan and Luke Harangody.
Stiemsma if he were to make the team would just be a fresh body to keep people rested.

The rest of the post is just speculation, but solid post. Had fun reading it even though I disagree.
"Suit up every day."