Author Topic: DA from Zero to Hero in a 24 hour span????  (Read 7030 times)

Re: DA from Zero to Hero in a 24 hour span????
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 03:10:36 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
So, now that we can look back in hindsight. Signing Jeff Green.. Was it a mistake?

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 03:11:37 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
So, now that we can look back in hindsight. Signing Jeff Green.. Was it a mistake?

no. 
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 03:18:20 PM »

Offline RajonRondOWNED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
I would have hated to give up Green in any trade other than for CP3.

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2011, 03:19:39 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

no. 

Under the assumption he could of been signed to the same deal and shipped to NO for David West instead of Jermaine, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2011, 03:21:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

as i see them, the celtics are still an upper echelon team and has the talent to possibly win a championship. but, i also dont see them as the best team in the nba and they also have talent that will probably NOT win a championship.

they are very good, but i unless everything fails perfectly into place, they are not favorites to win it all this year.

with west, i would have changed my opinion and believed they were among the top 2-3 teams. now, they are maybe among the top 5-6 teams.

but then again, danny has improved the team already and he may yet pull off a coup. i hope for the best.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2011, 03:22:30 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

no. 

Under the assumption he could of been signed to the same deal and shipped to NO for David West instead of Jermaine, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

eh, i don't think danny would have sent green to NO in the david west deal.  that's giving up too much just to get NO to facilitate a S+T.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2011, 03:24:04 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Yea I'm fine with where were at I wanted to keep Jeff Green.

It's not like West was going to make or break us this year coming off major knee surgery.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2011, 03:24:55 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

as i see them, the celtics are still an upper echelon team and has the talent to possibly win a championship. but, i also dont see them as the best team in the nba and they also have talent that will probably NOT win a championship.

they are very good, but i unless everything fails perfectly into place, they are not favorites to win it all this year.

with west, i would have changed my opinion and believed they were among the top 2-3 teams. now, they are maybe among the top 5-6 teams.

but then again, danny has improved the team already and he may yet pull off a coup. i hope for the best.

as things are now (admittedly a lot can and will change):

Heat
Thunder
Bulls
-----
Knicks
Mavs
Lakers
Celtics
Spurs

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2011, 03:25:24 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

I don't think so. He locked up Green for a single year, preserving the team's future cap space.

Green still represents a young player with potential on an expiring contract that could be moved later this season.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague