Author Topic: DA from Zero to Hero in a 24 hour span????  (Read 7031 times)

Re: DA from Zero to Hero in a 24 hour span????
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 01:24:52 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
isn't anyone around here concerned about our gaping hole at the 5 ????  people are acting like JO is just going to have a solid, full season with no problems, like magic.

Danny traded our starting center and we don't have one !!! we have a bunch of misfit vet mins that Ainge has thrown at the problem ...... kinda like throwing paint at a hole in your living room wall - if we don't improve our rebounding, we aren't getting near any titles.

garnett, west, and wilcox are all fine rebounders.  bass isn't terrible, either. 

if the idea is to platoon the center position with a revolving door of guys who are natural power forwards, i think we can get by just fine on the boards.  we won't be giving a 6'7'' guy 15+ minutes a night at center anymore, at least.

we could also make a move like getting kwame for the mini-MLE and playing him 20 minutes a night at center, with west / garnett / wilcox getting the other 28 minutes.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 01:28:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I'm amazed frankly at what DA has pulled off , given the run at CP3 , and having to react with multiple plans and schemes in such a short notice.

Putting DA BIG Baby off on the Magic and getting something in return deserves a metal .

The sad truth about the CP3 situation is that ultimately somewhere in the near future,  the Celtic are going to have to aquire some "NEW" superstar talent, not old worn out cripples in order to compete with NY, Chicago, and the Heat. Our present Supers are on their last journey as Celtic starters and soon will be wearing suits doing commentation for SPorts programs.

I 'm sure Danny knows the score on this problem.

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 01:47:41 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
He has down pretty well considering.

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 03:29:35 PM »

Offline UKCATS1250

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
is it possible that DA may be trying to get into a position to make a run at Dwight Howard?  With JO (rumored) to be going to the Hornets for David West, we know that we no longer have a guy at the 5.  Rondo would almost certainly have to be the centerpiece in a deal for D12.  So then the C's would need something at PG.  I don't know....just spit-balling here.  Thoughts?

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2011, 03:31:36 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
is it possible that DA may be trying to get into a position to make a run at Dwight Howard?  With JO (rumored) to be going to the Hornets for David West, we know that we no longer have a guy at the 5.  Rondo would almost certainly have to be the centerpiece in a deal for D12.  So then the C's would need something at PG.  I don't know....just spit-balling here.  Thoughts?

rondo won't cut it as the centerpiece of a deal for dwight.  he wasn't enough to get us cp3, and howard is by far a more important building block. 

the magic would almost certainly get better offers from the nets (believe it or not, lopez is more valued as a building block than rondo) or the clippers (twolves pick, gordon, aminu, kaman etc).

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2011, 03:41:58 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
As others have said, Danny was never in danger of being fired.  He offered everything he could for CP3; no other GM could've done anything differently unless he could magically give us more talent out of thin air.  

But I do admire the hell out of Danny for how aggressive he's been.  Even if things blow up in his face, I love how he won't settle for mediocrity and he'd rather take a gamble to be great.  

Looking back at his tenure here, even the deals that weren't so good (like Walker for LaFrentz) were at least done under the same logic: there's no point in just being OK or even good.  If there's no path to winning it all, you might as well start over.  

While things haven't gone exactly like he'd hoped and while we certainly can't guarantee that everything will play out our way (ping pong balls, injuries, FA's wanting to come here), I have total confidence that Danny will do everything he can with the resources and luck he has.  

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2011, 03:43:47 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
As others have said, Danny was never in danger of being fired.  He offered everything he could for CP3; no other GM could've done anything differently unless he could magically give us more talent out of thin air. 

But I do admire the hell out of Danny for how aggressive he's been.  Even if things blow up in his face, I love how he won't settle for mediocrity and he'd rather take a gamble to be great. 

Looking back at his tenure here, even the deals that weren't so good (like Walker for LaFrentz) were at least done under the same logic: there's no point in just be OK or even good.  If there's not path to winning it all, you might as well start over. 

While things haven't gone exactly like he'd hoped and while we certainly can't guarantee that everything will play out our way (ping pong balls, injuries, FA's wanting to come here), I have total confidence that Danny will do everything he can with the resources and luck he has. 

yeah, danny definitely seems to have the right attitude.  part of it, im sure, is the luxury of being in this kind of market.  he can't settle for just being a bubble playoff team because he knows that won't be good enough. 

he either has to assemble a team that can credibly compete for a title / deep playoff run, or he has to have a clear rebuilding strategy that will get us marketable stars in the near future.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2011, 03:58:43 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I don't think D12 is on his way to NJ. Some say that NJ can't becuase of all the crap that just happened. And then today reports of them offering Nene a 70 mill, yes 70 MILL over 4 years.

I can't see the league letting LA get both CP3 and D12. So Danny might be in the hunt with all the pieces he's been snagging left and right.

Now you can say that NJ is getting Nene for a sing and trade. But if you orlando, why the hell would you want an other over payed simi decent player? Nene is only good when he has good players around him. He's like Chandler. You can't build a team around him like you could around D12. But he's a [dang] good piece to the puzzle.

The C's have two first round picks this year from BAD teams. They just signed a center no one has heard of. And signed Moore, a second round draft pick who really hasn't seen any action to prove that he's worth a guaranteed. Second round picks don't get that, at least not before training camp.

So Danny is doing some thing, Im not sure if we see David West in a C's jersey this year. And Welfare's number is up for grabs people...:D

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 04:18:10 PM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
I am getting more and more certain that KG is being dealt. And I wouldnt be surprised to see Dwight or even someone like Al Jefferson coming our way.

Danny Ainge is blowing this up from different angles. It doesnt look so because everyone has been concentrating on his pursuit of CP3 but there are many ways to blow this up.

Lets be clear. KG moving on will be major but I am starting to think he is gone, along with David West, to somewhere else.

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2011, 04:51:42 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
I am getting more and more certain that KG is being dealt. And I wouldnt be surprised to see Dwight or even someone like Al Jefferson coming our way.

Danny Ainge is blowing this up from different angles. It doesnt look so because everyone has been concentrating on his pursuit of CP3 but there are many ways to blow this up.

Lets be clear. KG moving on will be major but I am starting to think he is gone, along with David West, to somewhere else.

i honestly don't see how that would make sense at all. 

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2011, 04:54:42 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Danny Ainge is as close to getting fired as I am to being the starting center this season.
Looks like you could have a shot with JO out of town now!
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 05:02:25 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Im not saying that it couldn't happen. But I think Boston would hang Danny for that, even of D12 came to town. KG brought the D and Passion back to Boston.

But of course if they won 3 or 4 titles because of that people might forget. I just don't think it makes them better. I'd rather see KG and D12 under the rim than DWest and D12. But thats just me...

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2011, 05:49:46 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Hat tip to Danny he is really making something out of nothing this off-season.

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 03:05:43 PM »

Offline RajonRondOWNED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64

Has your opinion changed?

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 03:09:30 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

Has your opinion changed?

my opinion of danny hasn't changed . . . seems like he's tried his very best and the moves just haven't worked out.  a lot of it stems from the whole cp3 mess.  im pretty sure the david west s+t was dependent on that 3 team deal going through.

it is very disappointing that danny has come so close but ultimately whiffed on 2 moves that would have greatly improved our team this year and moving forward. 

still, getting wilcox, dooling, bass, and marquis was impressive.  danny has done a good job rebuilding the bench.  unfortunately that's no longer enough to make this team a true contender.

- Doc Rivers