Author Topic: DA from Zero to Hero in a 24 hour span????  (Read 7033 times)

DA from Zero to Hero in a 24 hour span????
« on: December 10, 2011, 11:25:33 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Now if the David West deal goes threw, DA just went from being probably fired after this season for not getting the CP3 deal done(which really wouldn't be his fault), to putting together probably the best bench we've seen in the  5 year big three era.

With or with out a ring at the end of the season, they pull this trade off, and maybe even sign RIP or J Rich, he still may get GM of the year.

Unless Buss land CP3 and D12 which I can't see the league letting happen if they didn't let the last trade go threw.

Re: DA from Zero to Hero in a 24 hour span????
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 11:26:53 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
No way he gets fired after this season, but yeah...Danny's creativity this offseason has been impressive.

Im not ruling out any center not named Dwight or Nene somehow getting here too.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 11:29:26 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Now if the David West deal goes threw, DA just went from being probably fired after this season for not getting the CP3 deal done(which really wouldn't be his fault), to putting together probably the best bench we've seen in the  5 year big three era.
Firing Ainge could have only happened if the lunatics took over the asylum, that is if the fans somehow took control of the team. I think the ownership has a tad better idea what they've got in Ainge.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 11:30:03 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

With or with out a ring at the end of the season, they pull this trade off, and maybe even sign RIP or J Rich, he still may get GM of the year.

Unless Buss land CP3 and D12 which I can't see the league letting happen if they didn't let the last trade go threw.

I agree, but I wouldnt exactly call him a zero...he actually worked hard to get CP3, to me he's a great GM who only think for the team and its future. I feel some team's GM are just chillin' in the office doing nothing. DA is actually exploring options and working hard

but if the LAL end up trading for both CP3 AND Howard and the league lets that happen, I'm gonna explode and might not watch the NBA again =\

why can't the Lakers suffer some years of being crap =\

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 11:30:26 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
He was never getting fired lol.
When was he zero?
he got us Jeff Green and Krstic, got rid of Nate Robinson and got rid of a one legged, expensive Kendrick Perkins that couldn't do anything for us in the playoffs with his injury.
We also got a Clippers pick.
Hope you're not a Lakers troll.

He's the #%$!^Y%*ng man!
Danny Ainge= Celtic for life.

But yes, he is up for GM of the year most certainly after these last 2 days. If we get David West and a nice 2 guard to come in for Ray I'll be stoked- we will have a chance at beating Chicago and Miami. A nice 7 foot guard tower to clog the paint would be icing on the cake.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 11:31:31 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
the key for ainge to win any awards is whether the celtics win a championship this year. ainge has made some outstanding moves to bring in a pretty good bench crew AND david west, who is a starter on most teams.

he may have also effectively extended the window for the big three since west may take some pressure off of KG, who MIGHT resign as a modest price to win more championships.

ray and pierce have 2 years of high quality play left i think, since both are in excellent condition.

with west, you have another 2-3 years of good play left.

best of all, the celtics will probably have around $18-19 million after next season. that can bring in a star since it is about the max salary allowed under the brave new NBA contract world.....i think. :)

ainge has done a great job, but he has even more to do next season.

but so far, so good.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 12:00:15 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
I meant no disrespect to Danny by saying he was a Zero, let me clarify.

24 hours ago he had 5 players, and no prospects that we really new of. It was looking like the FA's were scarred off because of the CP3 trade, and didn't want to become a peace of a puzzle, or play or an aging dysfunctional team. If Rondo took it bad it could have gone that way.

So he pretty much had nothing 24 hours ago, none of us had any idea what he was going to do, and pretty much wrote the season off.

Now we could be having a duck boat parade in a few months, thats just crazy!

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 12:12:32 PM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
Danny Ainge is as close to getting fired as I am to being the starting center this season.
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 12:16:20 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I think he would have resigned, not fired.

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 12:18:32 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I missed the part where this team was in such trouble, Ainge's job was on the line.

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 12:36:32 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
Well two days go, the C's were considered to just make the play offs and not make it out of the second round if they didn't get CP3. They can't win a title with Rondo and the big three are too old for anybody want to play with.

The way it was working out, and they did finish 8th, people would have talked. Hell people were saying it on talk shows, radio shows and even on this site all this week. So DA had a Zero moment like he did at the end of 07.

Some GM's get fired for way less, and its not their fault, can't make  players sign if they don't want to.

DA pulls some trade and now the C's have a shot at the title. They could have  a better bench then they did in 08. Now people are saying possible championship. They can compete now, because he can craft gold out of crap.

They win the championship and he's a hero to a lot of people, not Doc or KG or PP, but he is because he put the team together.

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 12:43:20 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102

Can I take away one of your 2 TP's for saying DA should of been fired? One he can't control if a team likes a better package than the one he offered, which was a better offer!
Two, the biggest reason.... HE BROUGHT THIS FRANCHISE BACK TO RELEVANCE!!!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
I didn't say he should get fire, I said he could. Big difference there  friend.

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 12:58:54 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
danny was never in danger of being fired (or fried, which, amusingly, was the first thing i typed).

the moves he's done in the wake of missing out on cp3 have been great, though (assuming the west thing goes through).  at the very least, the big baby trade was really great, and signing wilcox, green, and daniels was very savvy too.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 01:14:38 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
isn't anyone around here concerned about our gaping hole at the 5 ????  people are acting like JO is just going to have a solid, full season with no problems, like magic.

Danny traded our starting center and we don't have one !!! we have a bunch of misfit vet mins that Ainge has thrown at the problem ...... kinda like throwing paint at a hole in your living room wall - if we don't improve our rebounding, we aren't getting near any titles.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce