Author Topic: Could the Celtics get in on the LA/NO/HOU talks (Green and JJJ for Scola)  (Read 1310 times)

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
Maybe send Jeff Green and JaJuan Johnson for Luis Scola.  I know it takes away cap space next summer, but I think Scola would be a great fit on this team (a nice 4 big rotation with Scola, KG, JO, and Bass).  Green doesn't seem like he is in the long term plans and Johnson, while talented, is a rookie that has yet to play in a game.  

It gives New Orleans more of what the league apparently wants, i.e. younger (but talented) players on better contracts (at least I can't see how Green would have a bigger contract then Scola).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Could the Celtics get in on the LA/NO/HOU talks (Green and JJJ for Scola)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I don't think they'd be interested. Luis Scola is a much better player than Green.

Plus, T.Ariza is comparable to J.Green. Personally, I'd prefer Ariza over Green because he understands his role better while Green is still learning his trade. Anyway, not enough of an upgrade (Ariza to Green) to justify parting ways with a talented big man like Luis Scola.

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 05:26:07 PM »

Offline Moreover

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 10
Why is New Orleans making a deal around this same crop of guys? What's their goal exactly? Miss the 8th spot for a few games in the next couple of years while paying millions to those players? Maybe flip them for late 1st rounders and mid-level prospects as soon as possible?

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 05:27:02 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I don't think they'd be interested. Luis Scola is a much better player than Green.

Plus, T.Ariza is comparable to J.Green. Personally, I'd prefer Ariza over Green because he understands his role better while Green is still learning his trade. Anyway, not enough of an upgrade (Ariza to Green) to justify parting ways with a talented big man like Luis Scola.

In what reality do we HELP LA... not to mention it would be helping them get a guy DA wants?? Come on now, this must be a joke??
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 05:40:21 PM »

Offline Corey

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14

In what reality do we HELP LA... not to mention it would be helping them get a guy DA wants?? Come on now, this must be a joke??
Helping LA doesn't matter. We have to worry about the Atlantic and the Eastern Conference.

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

What if we threw in the Clippers pick?  I'd really like Scola on this team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 06:37:45 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

What if we threw in the Clippers pick?  I'd really like Scola on this team.
Doubtful but not inconceivable.

If the C's included another pick, even a late first rounder, that might make it look considerably more attractive without actually adding that much value to it.

Anyway, it sounds like this deal is off now. League said they wanted the Hornets to focus on younger players who can provide a brighter future in a CP3 trade.

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 06:40:11 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Hate it.

Scola played very well for the Rockets but I really dislike his game. We already have Garnett and Bass for starting and back up power forward. Why waste one of our valuable youngs who can play the three spot for another pf.