Author Topic: Celts in talks to trade Davis to Orlando  (Read 18463 times)

Re: Celts in talks to trade Davis to Orlando
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2011, 01:46:28 PM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Not understanding all the excitement about this trade, or even people thinking bass is a better player
baby had his ups and downs and played horrible in last years playoffs, but he had clutch moments for us too..
Bass is a scrub

Not true.  Bass is a solid energy player off the bench who is a better rebounder than BBD

Bass' main asset isn't his "energy."  We're not talking about Reggie Evans here. 

Bass is one of the league's very best jump-shooting big men.  Ranked up there with guys like KG, Pau and Bosh from mid-range.

That skill is of exceptional value on a team like Boston that generates so many open 15-20 footers for its big men.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2011, 01:47:03 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Super-Athletic mode activated

Rondo
Green
JJJ
Bass
KG

oh the possibilities.

« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2011, 01:48:40 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
Super-Athletic mode activated

Rondo
Green
JJJ
Bass
KG

oh the possibilities.
I leave Ray in that class, he may be old but he's more athletic than most 25 year olds.
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2011, 01:48:59 PM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I've only seen Bass a handful of times.  I remember he had a great game against us recently, hitting that 15-footer and then driving by our bigs every time they came out to contest. His offensive efficiency is a few tiers above Baby's.

Anyone have a scouting report on his defensive ability/tendencies? 

Not the smartest player in the world. Struggles with systems. That is why he couldn't get off the bench in New Orleans and why SVG played him so little his first year in Orlando (650 minutes vs 1500 the year prior and 2000 the year after). An issue on both ends of the floor but more so defensively than offensively. Will likely struggle to adapt to Doc's defensive system.

That said, Bass has a far greater range than BBD on both ends of the court. He is much quicker and more athletic. Can cover more ground defensively and defends the PnR better (quickness shows there more than 1v1). He, like BBD, lacks the size to be a starting PF (matches up poorly against guys like Boozer and Z-Bo) but he is a darn fine backup PF defensively. A decent but below average rebounder.

Offensively, a very good midrange and low two point jump shooter. Far superior to BBD. Also a solid finisher at the rim and an excellent FT shooter. A little better off the dribble too. Like BBD, Bass struggles to discern which shots he should take and which shots he shouldn't take. Orlando experienced similar problems with Bass settling for those long twos instead of looking for better options. Just like Boston did with Davis. Non-passer.

Bass is a very solid two way backup PF.

Great, thanks.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2011, 01:49:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
write me down as confused yet elated.  why the heck would orlando prefer glen davis?  brandon bass is a much better player.
Maybe they just really hate that kid he knocked over and Bass refused to go back after him

« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2011, 02:01:39 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Having looked at it, it seems like Bass is more athletic and has longer arms.  If you cringed at Big Baby trying to guard a mobile stretch four, Bass seems like an upgrade.

His rebounding rate went down when he went to Orlando.  Maybe it will recover now that he's not next to Dwight Howard. 

Here's perhaps one of the better stats.  Brandon Bass has attempted fewer threes in his career than Glen Davis attempted last season.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2011, 02:20:15 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I absolutely support this move.  I love the game Bass has.  Hopefully we get some more ball movement from him, but even if we dont I love his rebounding and athleticism.

Between this and bringing back Marquis for the vet min., I'm pleasantly surprised today.  Keep it up Danny!

« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2011, 02:30:45 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Marc J. Spears: New Orlando Magic forward Glen Davis getting a four-year deal paying in $26 million range, source tells @YahooSports. 2 minutes ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1g4F4boZd

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2011, 11:33:29 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
write me down as confused yet elated.  why the heck would orlando prefer glen davis?  brandon bass is a much better player.
Maybe they just really hate that kid he knocked over and Bass refused to go back after him

Dude you have been on a roll...

;D ;D ;D ;D