Author Topic: DH12 to NJ?  (Read 5493 times)

Re: DH12 to NJ?
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 09:19:39 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I'm not caring about Boston per say because we really don't have a chance. I just can't believe that Brooke Lopez and two picks works...that's just a weak package for the best center in the game. Brooke Lopez is ok but nothing to write home about..

I was thinking the same thing but I think NJ has the same leverage that Melo has last year.

If Dwight wants to go to NJ, I am pretty sure they can sign him outright with their cap space in the offseason without giving up Lopez..

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 09:21:07 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
PG - D.Williams, J.Farmar
SG - A.Morrow, M.Brooks
SF - D.James,
PF - D.West,
C  - D.Howard, J.Petro

I am a fan of Damion James. He has a Jerome Kersey feel to him. Very scrappy, a tough physical defensive forward who creates a lot of extra possessions for his team. We should be careful not to underestimate him.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think the Nets might just have enough to contend this year. If they land David West that it is.

Maybe add James Jones as a backup SF (nice floor spacer for Deron/Dwight, complete opposite to D.James' skill-set). Or maybe bring in a DeShawn Stevenson if Dallas is still unwilling to go past a one year deal. Add a Craig Smith or a Josh McRoberts or a Chris Wilcox to backup the four.

Hmm ... they might just be able to pull that off. Be close though. They'll need a big year out of Damion James.

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 09:40:10 AM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
PG - D.Williams, J.Farmar
SG - A.Morrow, M.Brooks
SF - D.James,
PF - D.West,
C  - D.Howard, J.Petro

I am a fan of Damion James. He has a Jerome Kersey feel to him. Very scrappy, a tough physical defensive forward who creates a lot of extra possessions for his team. We should be careful not to underestimate him.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think the Nets might just have enough to contend this year. If they land David West that it is.

Maybe add James Jones as a backup SF (nice floor spacer for Deron/Dwight, complete opposite to D.James' skill-set). Or maybe bring in a DeShawn Stevenson if Dallas is still unwilling to go past a one year deal. Add a Craig Smith or a Josh McRoberts or a Chris Wilcox to backup the four.

Hmm ... they might just be able to pull that off. Be close though. They'll need a big year out of Damion James.
I think that if all the Nets' planets align like you suggest,Chauncey Billups would be a good target for them. In the playoffs opposing teams will want to keep them from running, and having D12 and David West in a halfcourt offense with guys like Deron and Billups would be solid. They can both shoot and know how to get the ball to their big men.

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Here's your chance Mikhail Prokhorov, throw the cash at Howard and become legit.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 12:39:02 PM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Awesome! Jay-Z versus LeBron James.   ;D

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 02:30:53 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I really hope this happens.  Knicks/Nets games will be amazing.  I'd bet a third of the crowd would be nets fans since it's so close.