Author Topic: DH12 to NJ?  (Read 5494 times)

Re: DH12 to NJ?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 01:35:11 AM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
kinda funny how dwight makes his decision right when cp3 trade gets vetoed lol smh

This what I was thinking in my last post....he was waiting in the shadows all along , waiting for LA to get CP3 and then he was set to bolt.  I "WONDER" did Stern find out about all the details and under the table dealings with LA's plan to bring D12 an CP3 in at the same time and this was part of the veto move ?

I convinced CP4 and D12 and LA (Mitch and West) have been planning this deal for a LONG TIME ....using the weak front end disrupted NO mgmt to get their deal done.
lol i looked on espn and right when the cp3 to LA trade was sapose to go through it was like a matter of seconds the dwight to LA talks came up. it was pretty much in the works I guess stern couldnt allow that big 3 to be formed in LA

im happy for new jersey though this seems to be more competitive balance here. they drafted good talent made some moves just like we did they should make a run at some good free agents that team will be nice. brook lopez is a stud

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 01:37:07 AM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
kinda funny how dwight makes his decision right when cp3 trade gets vetoed lol smh

This what I was thinking in my last post....he was waiting in the shadows all along , waiting for LA to get CP3 and then he was set to bolt.  I "WONDER" did Stern find out about all the details and under the table dealings with LA's plan to bring D12 an CP3 in at the same time and this was part of the veto move ?

I convinced CP4 and D12 and LA (Mitch and West) have been planning this deal for a LONG TIME ....using the weak front end disrupted NO mgmt to get their deal done.
lol i looked on espn and right when the cp3 to LA trade was sapose to go through it was like a matter of seconds the dwight to LA talks came up. it was pretty much in the works I guess stern couldnt allow that big 3 to be formed in LA

im happy for new jersey though this seems to be more competitive balance here. they drafted good talent made some moves just like we did they should make a run at some good free agents that team will be nice. brook lopez is a stud

*stiff
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 01:40:23 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

This what I was thinking in my last post....he was waiting in the shadows all along , waiting for LA to get CP3 and then he was set to bolt.  I "WONDER" did Stern find out about all the details and under the table dealings with LA's plan to bring D12 an CP3 in at the same time and this was part of the veto move ?

im happy for new jersey though this seems to be more competitive balance here. they drafted good talent made some moves just like we did they should make a run at some good free agents that team will be nice. brook lopez is a stud soft

there I fixed that for you ;)

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 01:44:46 AM »

Kiorrik

lol @ previous two posts. TPs abound!

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 03:45:30 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I just cant believe that brook lopez and two picks gets that done.....I really cant

:o

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 04:00:20 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I just cant believe that brook lopez and two picks gets that done.....I really cant

with the amount of money about to be paid to tyson chandler, nene, marc gasol, and deandre jordan, does it really shock you that teams would really highly value a 7 foot center who can regularly score 20+ a night with decent efficiency even when he's being double and triple teamed as his team's only decent offensive option?  especially when he's still on his rookie contract?
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 04:20:16 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Crazy thought popped into my head what if Howard demands the trade but ORL is not interested in this Nets offer and other teams aren't willing to give up anything if Howard doesn't sign. Would Danny go after Howard and try renting him for one year? I doubt it wouldn't really make sense but it has been a circus so you never know lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 04:43:12 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Crazy thought popped into my head what if Howard demands the trade but ORL is not interested in this Nets offer and other teams aren't willing to give up anything if Howard doesn't sign. Would Danny go after Howard and try renting him for one year? I doubt it wouldn't really make sense but it has been a circus so you never know lol

The problem is, DA's got nothing to offer for Dwight... for CP3 it makes sense but Orl will look for that big man replacement with upside, and that is precisely what Brooke L. offers.

I have no problem with this trade and surely the league will let it happen considering they just vetoed the CP deal, they ain't doin it two in a row...

The problem now is, who does DA target for 2012 when CP and DH are gone...who else can be had?

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 04:43:52 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

we really can't give up anything, even for a one year rental of dwight, that would be more enticing to the magic than the lopez + picks package.  again, NBA teams value skilled centers with size a lot more than they do point guards, even electric ones like Rondo.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2011, 07:16:31 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The only way for DA toget D12 is threw a three player deal.

NJ's deal is kinda weak, no really weak.

Atlanta wants to move Josh Smith because he doesn't help the team were they need it, can't shoot from the out side, so they sag off and double team Johnson. And he east up too much cap space.

So...Trade Smith and Jeff Green to Orlando, with 1st round pick(clips). They get a couple good players out of it, kinda save season for fans, not much but better than watching Lopez. And/or they have chips to trade mid season to a team that might be making a run this year. Plus they get a good draft pick at the end of the year, maybe two depending were they land and the rebuilding starts off fast.

Atlanta gets BBD, and JO. They get the PF and Center with playoff experience, a PF that can help spread the floor and rebound. Which when BBD is on his game he really does well. At the end of the year they get 6 mill back on the books for sing or trade options. They might even be able to trade BBD mid season for same reasons mentioned in the Orlando deal.

C's get D12, I think KG could talk him into staying for a few years easier than DA could have talked Paul into staying. But even for a year hes a better one year rental than CP3.

Rondo
    Allen
    Peirce
    KG
    D12

What vet wouldn't want to sign with this team to have  a shot at a title? Two young studs running the court with the Vet experience to get them threw the tough times. With a solid bench this team destroys Miami because you turn them into a jump shooting team with KG and D12 under the boards...

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 07:41:47 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Lakers took Shaq from Orlando..........so for them to send Howard somewhere else is a bit of payback....a no not this time LA , anybody but you...!!

SO I guess the Laker crowd will be crying over not getting D12..... :'(    boo hoo

Mike brown won't last two seasons , they will have his head ...how dare he not win the championship every year.

There's not a lot of consolation in that revenge, where you lose your superstar but not to the Lakers. Kind of like, if someone stabbed me, getting revenge by going to their house and bleeding on their carpets.

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 08:09:10 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Dwight to NJ is a good deal for every one involved,

Orlando get a very good young big and picks to build around
NJ gets dwight
and the NBA gets a team with two studs that can compete with amare/melo and lebron/wade

The bad part is that this will leave the Cs on the outside looking in at the top of the east
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 08:49:47 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I'm not caring about Boston per say because we really don't have a chance. I just can't believe that Brooke Lopez and two picks works...that's just a weak package for the best center in the game. Brooke Lopez is ok but nothing to write home about..

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 09:08:29 AM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Even if this happens, how far will the Nets go? They still need another piece or two.

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 09:15:42 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Even if this happens, how far will the Nets go? They still need another piece or two.
Agreed - the Nets don't have the supporting cast to contend.

Dwight Howard and Deron Williams are a dominant enough to duo to form the core to a contender though. It's just a question of adding the right role players. They don't have to have another star quality player to make a Big Three.

Okay, so salary wise, Dwight Howard is on $18 million and Brook Lopez is on $3 million so the Nets would be adding $15 million to their current payroll putting them at about $55 million. So no cap space unless they amnesty someone.

So say they amnesty Travis Outlaw, another $7 mil, $9-10 million in cap space overall. That should be enough for NJ to sign David West. He'd be a wonderful complement to both Deron and Dwight with his jump-shooting and scoring ability.

So a trio of Deron Williams + David West + Dwight Howard

Still, I am not sure there is enough around them. Jordan Farmar, a two guard duo of A.Morrow and M.Brooks, D.James at the three. No backup SF or PF yet. J.Petro backup C.

Hmm ... they could have, what, $2 million to round out their team plus that $2.5 million exception for teams under the cap. I don't know if they can get enough help to contend this year.

Certainly next season, they'll be right there competing for the crown.