Author Topic: The Thunder: Our Only Hope  (Read 11568 times)

Re: The Thunder: Our Only Hope
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2011, 09:36:48 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I guess it can be a matter of opinion as to whether there is no hope....
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2011, 09:38:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Well, from the most recent news - I guess David Stern is our only hope :o ;D
I think you mean the other 28 owners because reports are Stern caved to pressure meaning Stern would have let the trade happen if it was up to just him.

Thanks Dolan and Wyc and Allen and MJ and Reinsdorf and....

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2011, 09:41:34 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
People call me a bandwagon fan when I followed Shaq from place to place... turns out I am more loyal than lot of supposed "real fans" because I have always said the team Shaq retires from I will still follow as if he was playing... I don't care if we win 20 games a season, I'm going to convince myself that someday we will get better and if we start a season 0-20, I'll be sitting here thinking, hey, we can still make the playoffs all we gotta do is win "so and so" from here on out! LOL I don't care, I'll stick with them through w/e, it's not as if it can last forever, especially since this is THE CELTICS!!!!!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2011, 09:43:58 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

of course it's a matter of opinion.  i apologize if i implied it wasn't. 

once the celtics start the rebuilding process we can at least get excited about the lottery.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2011, 09:47:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

once the celtics start the rebuilding process we can at least get excited about the lottery.
I don't find the lottery exciting at all until after you've gotten a few talented, or one mega talented, youngsters in place. Watching them grow is exciting.

Spending a whole season watching no-talents lose games and hope on ping-pong balls, sucks!!

First year, or more likely the first couple of years, would be boring as hell.

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

I don't find the lottery exciting at all until after you've gotten a few talented, or one mega talented, youngsters in place. Watching them grow is exciting.

Spending a whole season watching no-talents lose games and hope on ping-pong balls, sucks!!

First year, or more likely the first couple of years, would be boring as hell.

you'll get no argument from me on that.  spending the year gazing at prospects on draftexpress and hoping beyond hope that they'll be superstars in green doesn't sound very appealing.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2011, 09:50:49 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
If the Lakers get Howard, they will still struggle to get past OKC.  Remember, Perk can actually guard Howard 1 on 1.

Nah man.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2011, 09:55:28 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, from the most recent news - I guess David Stern is our only hope :o ;D
I think you mean the other 28 owners because reports are Stern caved to pressure meaning Stern would have let the trade happen if it was up to just him.

Thanks Dolan and Wyc and Allen and MJ and Reinsdorf and....

Yep.

I was a bit intrigued about how Pau would've been in HOU under McHale. But I guess we'll never know.

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2011, 10:17:40 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
People call me a bandwagon fan when I followed Shaq from place to place... turns out I am more loyal than lot of supposed "real fans" because I have always said the team Shaq retires from I will still follow as if he was playing... I don't care if we win 20 games a season, I'm going to convince myself that someday we will get better and if we start a season 0-20, I'll be sitting here thinking, hey, we can still make the playoffs all we gotta do is win "so and so" from here on out! LOL I don't care, I'll stick with them through w/e, it's not as if it can last forever, especially since this is THE CELTICS!!!!!!!

Glad that you and Shaq landed here.  The C's have great fans and great history, and as for Shaq I really grew to appreciate having him as a Celtic for his final season.

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2011, 10:23:40 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
Time to jump on the OKC bandwagon.  Think of them as the refuge for Celtics fans for the next 4-5 years while the Celtics fade into irrelevance, mediocrity, and then flat out suckitude.

Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Perkins.  Should be a really good group for a while.  I actually like how they match up with the Lakers, even now.

Now, if the Lakers manage to land Dwight Howard, the NBA will basically end.  Possibly the world.  But for now, I think it's fair to regard the Thunder as our only hope.

The train is now boarding for Oklahoma City, Celtics fans.  Either get on or stay here and wallow.P
Pos, you are starting to sound like a troll....

In times like these, I don't view posts like this as troll-dom.

Seriously, does the prospect of watching this Celtics team inspire you?  Give you hope?  Make you excited?  The thought of watching this team fade back into the muck they were in prior to the summer of '07 is utterly unappealing to me.

The Thunder are the only team I like that I can see going deep into the playoffs and contending for a title anytime soon.
I thought being a fan meant sticking with a team even when there appeared to be no hope?

fandom =\= masochism.

at least not willful masochism.

i wholeheartedly reject the idea that in order to be a true fan i have to be endlessly optimistic or willfully masochistic. 

like vinnie said, i don't think there's anything wrong with recognizing that your team is not really a contender and have another, more relevant team that you like a little bit less than your hometown team that you follow and cheer for after your team has been eliminated.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2011, 10:24:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Time to jump on the OKC bandwagon.  Think of them as the refuge for Celtics fans for the next 4-5 years while the Celtics fade into irrelevance, mediocrity, and then flat out suckitude.

Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Perkins.  Should be a really good group for a while.  I actually like how they match up with the Lakers, even now.

Now, if the Lakers manage to land Dwight Howard, the NBA will basically end.  Possibly the world.  But for now, I think it's fair to regard the Thunder as our only hope.

The train is now boarding for Oklahoma City, Celtics fans.  Either get on or stay here and wallow.

We'll miss you here, see you after Durant hits his 30s.

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2011, 10:31:28 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

The train is now boarding for Oklahoma City, Celtics fans.  Either get on or stay here and wallow.P

Seriously, does the prospect of watching this Celtics team inspire you?  Give you hope?  Make you excited?  The thought of watching this team fade back into the muck they were in prior to the summer of '07 is utterly unappealing to me.

The Thunder are the only team I like that I can see going deep into the playoffs and contending for a title anytime soon.
I thought being a fan meant sticking with a team even when there appeared to be no hope?

fandom =\= masochism.

i wholeheartedly reject the idea that in order to be a true fan i have to be endlessly optimistic or willfully masochistic. 

like vinnie said, i don't think there's anything wrong with recognizing that your team is not really a contender and have another, more relevant team that you like a little bit less than your hometown team that you follow and cheer for after your team has been eliminated.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please remember that pos was the guy who changed his sig to a picture ow Dwight Howard/ Dirk and someone else when he thought the Cs weren't going to have a shot at winning the finals in 2010. He reacts a bit quick but he's still lovable.  ;D ;D

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2011, 10:35:35 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

fandom =\= masochism.

It was your suggestion to fans that they should get on the train for  OKC or stay and "wallow"...I intend to stay, and I do not intend to "wallow"....although I will allow you to, if that is your preference.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2011, 10:42:05 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
like vinnie said, i don't think there's anything wrong with recognizing that your team is not really a contender

If there was, I doubt so many people would do it year after year.

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2011, 10:47:15 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
A true fan sticks with their team during the banner raising years, during the lottery ball years, and during the years when you're team is stuck in them middle of the pack and is in the worst position of them all.

I for one am going to be a C's fan till the day I die whether we're raising banner after banner or striking out on lottery ball after lottery ball.

Pos, Vinnie, etc. you guys can go join the Thunder bandwagon, but I, like most of the fans on here, will bleed green till the day we die!!!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce