Author Topic: The Thunder: Our Only Hope  (Read 11522 times)

Re: The Thunder: Our Only Hope
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 09:00:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You can keep the Thunder....I'm green through and through. I'll watch until elimination then stop watching, like most other years prior to 2007 and after 1992.

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 09:00:54 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Time to jump on the OKC bandwagon.  Think of them as the refuge for Celtics fans for the next 4-5 years while the Celtics fade into irrelevance, mediocrity, and then flat out suckitude.

Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Perkins.  Should be a really good group for a while.  I actually like how they match up with the Lakers, even now.

Now, if the Lakers manage to land Dwight Howard, the NBA will basically end.  Possibly the world.  But for now, I think it's fair to regard the Thunder as our only hope.

The train is now boarding for Oklahoma City, Celtics fans.  Either get on or stay here and wallow.P
Pos, you are starting to sound like a troll....

In times like these, I don't view posts like this as troll-dom.

Seriously, does the prospect of watching this Celtics team inspire you?  Give you hope?  Make you excited?  The thought of watching this team fade back into the muck they were in prior to the summer of '07 is utterly unappealing to me.

The Thunder are the only team I like that I can see going deep into the playoffs and contending for a title anytime soon.
I thought being a fan meant sticking with a team even when there appeared to be no hope?

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 09:02:35 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The Thunder would still matchup extremely well with the Lakers if LA added Dwight Howard.

They'd need a proper backup for Perk who can defend the post but the rest of their lineup is in terrific shape in terms of talent + how they matchup against a new-look LA Lakers.

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 09:03:11 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
The Thunder would still matchup extremely well with the Lakers if LA added Dwight Howard.

They'd need a proper backup for Perk who can defend the post but the rest of their lineup is in terrific shape in terms of talent + how they matchup against a new-look LA Lakers.

Collison can't be that guy for 8 min a game?

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 09:03:19 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I think what Pos is saying, and what I am saying, is that when it becomes clear this year that the Celtics have no shot, and that when they are eliminated from the playoffs, he will be pulling for OKC. At least that is what I am saying.

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 09:04:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Meh, I was on the Grizz wagon before it was a thing and they'll give the Lakers fits enough for me.
How does Marc Gasol do against Dwight Howard?

I don't think I have ever seen a Magic-Grizzlies game. I imagine he'd do quite well defending the post for the same reasons as Perk has had success against Dwight in the past too.

I love the idea of TA biting on CP3's heels all game long. I think he'd give C.Paul fits. Well, if they can hide Conley on someone else that is.

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 09:06:02 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Doesn't Perk normally only play 18-24mpg against Howard due to foul trouble?

I think they'd need another body.

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 09:11:56 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Doesn't Perk normally only play 18-24mpg against Howard due to foul trouble?

I think they'd need another body.

Don't know about the minutes, but maybe Ibaka can do some spot minutes.

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 09:15:27 PM »

Offline Liam W

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Time to jump on the OKC bandwagon.  Think of them as the refuge for Celtics fans for the next 4-5 years while the Celtics fade into irrelevance, mediocrity, and then flat out suckitude.

Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Perkins.  Should be a really good group for a while.  I actually like how they match up with the Lakers, even now.

Now, if the Lakers manage to land Dwight Howard, the NBA will basically end.  Possibly the world.  But for now, I think it's fair to regard the Thunder as our only hope.

The train is now boarding for Oklahoma City, Celtics fans.  Either get on or stay here and wallow.
Ive no interest in the OKC Thunder, I have a small interest in the Miami Heat however. Could a 1 way ticket be arranged down to South Beach for me?

;)

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 09:15:51 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Has Paul ever won a ring?  Has Howard?  They might play together next year, but maybe not.  They have never won a ring together.  How does that make them a lock for the championship?  I must be very naive and gullible to think they still have to play the games, and we still have a talented team.   Whoever gets to the final round will have to get past some very talented players (teams) without beating themselves in the process.    It will not be easy for the Celtics, but neither have they been eliminated yet.  I will cheer for them until they are either   eliminated or win it all.  
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 09:23:08 PM »

Offline chris_fanfeedr

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
Wow.... one good thing if the Celtics do stumble is all of the pink hat, bandwagon fans will be gone. Good riddance.

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 09:24:13 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Time to jump on the OKC bandwagon.  Think of them as the refuge for Celtics fans for the next 4-5 years while the Celtics fade into irrelevance, mediocrity, and then flat out suckitude.

Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Perkins.  Should be a really good group for a while.  I actually like how they match up with the Lakers, even now.

Now, if the Lakers manage to land Dwight Howard, the NBA will basically end.  Possibly the world.  But for now, I think it's fair to regard the Thunder as our only hope.

The train is now boarding for Oklahoma City, Celtics fans.  Either get on or stay here and wallow.P

Seriously, does the prospect of watching this Celtics team inspire you?  Give you hope?  Make you excited?  The thought of watching this team fade back into the muck they were in prior to the summer of '07 is utterly unappealing to me.

The Thunder are the only team I like that I can see going deep into the playoffs and contending for a title anytime soon.

Well, for me man: if I could survive Larry, Parish and McHale getting older, Bias and Lewis passing, DJ, Red passing, Pierce (almost) passing - then I can survive this.

C'mon man it's not the end of the world.

You are supposed to be a fan through thick and thin.

i didn't say that i wouldn't still be a fan of the celtics.  im still going to follow them, and im still going to cheer for their success, however limited it may be.

i love the celtics and i always will.  that doesn't mean i have to like it when they suck and their biggest enemies are ruling the league, nor does it mean that i have to be endlessly optimistic and cheerful no matter what.

im not advocating that we all abandon the celtics, renounce our fandom, and move to oklahoma city.  im just saying that the celtics are headed nowhere, and our only hope for enjoying the success of a team we like is to watch the Thunder.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2011, 09:26:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think what Pos is saying, and what I am saying, is that when it becomes clear this year that the Celtics have no shot, and that when they are eliminated from the playoffs, he will be pulling for OKC. At least that is what I am saying.
So vinnie agrees with Pos that we should we should dump the C's and jump on board the OKC bandwagon?

What a surprise. Who would have thought.  ;) :D ;D

Wonder when celticinorlando is going to post his agreement with this.

Just kidding guys. ;D ;D

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 09:28:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, from the most recent news - I guess David Stern is our only hope :o ;D

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 09:29:32 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!

The train is now boarding for Oklahoma City, Celtics fans.  Either get on or stay here and wallow.P

Seriously, does the prospect of watching this Celtics team inspire you?  Give you hope?  Make you excited?  The thought of watching this team fade back into the muck they were in prior to the summer of '07 is utterly unappealing to me.

I thought being a fan meant sticking with a team even when there appeared to be no hope?

i know man..