Author Topic: The Thunder: Our Only Hope  (Read 11569 times)

The Thunder: Our Only Hope
« on: December 08, 2011, 08:41:40 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Time to jump on the OKC bandwagon.  Think of them as the refuge for Celtics fans for the next 4-5 years while the Celtics fade into irrelevance, mediocrity, and then flat out suckitude.

Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Perkins.  Should be a really good group for a while.  I actually like how they match up with the Lakers, even now.

Now, if the Lakers manage to land Dwight Howard, the NBA will basically end.  Possibly the world.  But for now, I think it's fair to regard the Thunder as our only hope.

The train is now boarding for Oklahoma City, Celtics fans.  Either get on or stay here and wallow.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Re: The Thunder: Our Only Hope
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 08:44:43 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Why don't you come back in off that ledge before someone gets hurt?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 08:44:48 PM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
If the Lakers get Howard, they will still struggle to get past OKC.  Remember, Perk can actually guard Howard 1 on 1.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 08:45:07 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Time to jump on the OKC bandwagon.  Think of them as the refuge for Celtics fans for the next 4-5 years while the Celtics fade into irrelevance, mediocrity, and then flat out suckitude.

Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Perkins.  Should be a really good group for a while.  I actually like how they match up with the Lakers, even now.

Now, if the Lakers manage to land Dwight Howard, the NBA will basically end.  Possibly the world.  But for now, I think it's fair to regard the Thunder as our only hope.

The train is now boarding for Oklahoma City, Celtics fans.  Either get on or stay here and wallow.P
Pos, you are starting to sound like a troll....
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Not me, Man.

I'll be rockin' my Celtics jerseys for the foreseeable future.

OKC is certainly one of my favorites, but I'm not giving up on Boston.

The games have to be played, no matter what happened today.

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 08:49:16 PM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
you gotta be kidding me

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

The train is now boarding for Oklahoma City, Celtics fans.  Either get on or stay here and wallow.P

In times like these, I don't view posts like this as troll-dom.

Seriously, does the prospect of watching this Celtics team inspire you?  Give you hope?  Make you excited?  The thought of watching this team fade back into the muck they were in prior to the summer of '07 is utterly unappealing to me.

The Thunder are the only team I like that I can see going deep into the playoffs and contending for a title anytime soon.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 08:52:17 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

The train is now boarding for Oklahoma City, Celtics fans.  Either get on or stay here and wallow.

I am OK with OKC --  or Chicago, Miami, Dallas or NY winnning chamionships until the C's can rebuild.  Just not LA.

Honestly, I think I really could stop watching NBA basketball if LA picks up Howard.   Do you really think the world might end if they get Howard? Perhaps that would provide some deterrent.

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 08:53:47 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

I am OK with OKC --  or Chicago, Miami, Dallas or NY winnning chamionships until the C's can rebuild.  Just not LA.

Honestly, I think I really could stop watching NBA basketball if LA picks up Howard.   Do you really think the world might end if they get Howard? Perhaps that would provide some deterrent.

i know the NBA would likely end for me if the Lakers get howard.  the best point guard and the best center in the league on the Lakers?  the only team that can compete with them has lebron james and dwyane wade in miami?  no thanks.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 08:55:56 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
have faith in DA!! we have an owner willing to spend, a great coach, and a very crafty gm! I have faith in Danny to keep us competing and hopefully a contender.

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 08:56:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Seriously, does the prospect of watching this Celtics team inspire you?  Give you hope?  Make you excited?  The thought of watching this team fade back into the muck they were in prior to the summer of '07 is utterly unappealing to me.

The Thunder are the only team I like that I can see going deep into the playoffs and contending for a title anytime soon.

Well, for me man: if I could survive Larry, Parish and McHale getting older, Bias and Lewis passing, DJ, Red passing, Pierce (almost) passing - then I can survive this.

C'mon man it's not the end of the world.

You are supposed to be a fan through thick and thin.

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 08:56:46 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Meh, I was on the Grizz wagon before it was a thing and they'll give the Lakers fits enough for me.

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 08:58:34 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I'm with you, Pos. Still supporting the Celtics, but when times get tough this year, which they will, I am behind OKC 11 percent. Fear the beard.

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 08:59:11 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Time to jump on the OKC bandwagon.  Think of them as the refuge for Celtics fans for the next 4-5 years while the Celtics fade into irrelevance, mediocrity, and then flat out suckitude.

Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Perkins.  Should be a really good group for a while.  I actually like how they match up with the Lakers, even now.

Now, if the Lakers manage to land Dwight Howard, the NBA will basically end.  Possibly the world.  But for now, I think it's fair to regard the Thunder as our only hope.

The train is now boarding for Oklahoma City, Celtics fans.  Either get on or stay here and wallow.P

Seriously, does the prospect of watching this Celtics team inspire you?  Give you hope?  Make you excited?  The thought of watching this team fade back into the muck they were in prior to the summer of '07 is utterly unappealing to me.

It's not over yet.  I still have faith in the big 3 this year, Rondo can somehow get through this, and Ainge can work his magic to make the team better.  

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 08:59:45 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

a big whole hearted +1.

I might stop until the NBA at the very least adds the franchise tag rule for players that exists in the NFL
Greg