Author Topic: Bucks moving veteran PG Dooling to Boston?  (Read 11367 times)

Re: Bucks moving veteran PG Dooling to Boston?
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 08:14:08 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
this has has to mean the end for delonte, have to think delontes injurys are the reason as much as he gets hurt he would never be on the court in a compressed season.

With Dooling,Daniels,Bradely,Moore we should be set at guards off the bench then behind pierce we have green. Now its really time to fill the needs at 4 and 5
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2011, 08:26:07 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
this has has to mean the end for delonte, have to think delontes injurys are the reason as much as he gets hurt he would never be on the court in a compressed season.

With Dooling,Daniels,Bradely,Moore we should be set at guards off the bench then behind pierce we have green. Now its really time to fill the needs at 4 and 5

set with guards? you have dooling...daniels (always hurt) moore (a rookie prolly going to the D league) and bradley ( a player that hasn't shown he can do anything in this league)..i would hardly say they are set at guard

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2011, 08:45:15 AM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
I don't think Moore or Bradley get much time. D-League? Also, I think it would be wise to still sign Delonte as a back up 1 or 2.

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2011, 08:59:39 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

set with guards? you have dooling...daniels (always hurt) moore (a rookie prolly going to the D league) and bradley ( a player that hasn't shown he can do anything in this league)..i would hardly say they are set at guard
Ugh, that would be horrid. Seriously disheartening.

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2011, 09:17:44 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Does this mean the end of Delonte in Boston?  I'm sad if it does.

I hate to agree, but since Dooling is here and Delonte isn't I'll say yes.  I don't understand it. I think Delonte is better (when healthy, which seems rare). I also wonder what it means for Avery Bradley

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2011, 09:23:11 AM »

Offline toneskeet

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
West wants a multi year deal for more than the min. Dooling is a one year deal. Not to mention that Dooling played in 80 of the 82 games last year. Solid defender who can handle the ball and knock down open shots. Seems like a pretty solid trade for a future 2nd and a TPE.

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2011, 10:11:41 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Looks like the end for Delonte.  I'll definitely miss Redz . . . again, but it feels like time to start thinking about bolstering the front line and stop adding more guards to the team.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2011, 11:57:53 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Now that we know that we won't get CP3 nor Howard, why try so hard to preserve the cap space? I mean, giving Delonte a multi year deal for a reasonable price is definitely an option now, shouldn't it?

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2011, 12:15:58 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Now that we know that we won't get CP3 nor Howard, why try so hard to preserve the cap space? I mean, giving Delonte a multi year deal for a reasonable price is definitely an option now, shouldn't it?
There are other ways to get good players. It's never a good idea to lock up spare parts in long-term contracts if you're missing an engine.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/celtics/index.php/2011/12/09/celts-in-talks-to-trade-glen-davis-to-orlando/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The team is also finalizing a trade for Bucks guard Keyon Dooling and a second round draft pick. The Cs will only trade the rights to Albert Morales - a player they have held the rights to for the last five years.

So are we giving and 2nd rounder for Dooling or are we getting one with him?

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2011, 03:08:43 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/celtics/index.php/2011/12/09/celts-in-talks-to-trade-glen-davis-to-orlando/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The team is also finalizing a trade for Bucks guard Keyon Dooling and a second round draft pick. The Cs will only trade the rights to Albert Morales - a player they have held the rights to for the last five years.

Sounds like we're getting one from that quote.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2011, 03:13:46 PM »

Offline dmny5000

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20

Sounds like we're getting one which is pretty funny to me.

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2011, 03:54:46 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
There seem to be cap considerations involved.  According to Brew Hoop (and I haven't checked the math), this gives the team an additional $2.7 million or so to sign a free agent.  So, Milwaukee doesn't have to pay their fourth-string point guard and they are sending out a second round pick which some rumors say will be protected (because Ainge hasn't acquired enough protected second round picks from Sacramento), while putting themselves in a position to sign two free agents in the $2.5-3 million range instead of just one.

Cap space matters and you have to think beyond the current trade. It's similar to how people though the nixed Chris Paul trade was horrible for Houston, but it could have made the Rockets better because they cleared the cap space to possibly have a frontcourt of Pau Gasol and Nene.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2011, 05:17:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We still need quality players in the rebuild.  Those picks and cap space will be valuable to our future.

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2011, 05:24:45 PM »

Offline Moreover

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 10
Dooling is so inconsistent offensively. Terrible decision-making. Skiles last season would let guys like Earl Boykins and Carlos Delfino be the primary playmakers with Dooling on the floor. And his shooting is very streaky too.

Other than that, he's okay.