Author Topic: Hornets Warming up to a Rondo, Green, 2 pick deal for Paul  (Read 5157 times)

Re: Hornets Warming up to a Rondo, Green, 2 pick deal for Paul
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 04:45:28 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I just don't think Chris Paul is dumb enough not to realize here he could A. Win a ring THIS SEASON. and B. BE ON A TEAM TO HAVE THE ABLIITY TO SIGN HIM AND DWIGHT NEXT SEASON!!! I'm sorry but this crap is driving me up a wall! I understand that Boston may not be your number one destination but look what it did for KG RONDO Pierce and Allen, Hell even perkins! He was being talked about as one of the better Centers in the Leauge. I mean he could come here and easily be the best PG in the league because of whom he'll be playing with.
You say "have the ability to sign him and dwight next season".  That "ability" wouldn't be nearly enough for me to sign a long term extension.

And as for winning a ring this season, whether or not he can win a title this season is irrelevant.  He has no veto power over a trade.  If NO wants to trade him to Boston, he's coming to Boston for this season, regardless if CP wants to or not.

So, the only potential "dumbness" in CP is if you think he's dumb for not being willing to sign an extension.  I don't find that to be the case since, again, the celtics only have an "ability" to sign Dwight next season, which a lot of other teams have also making it far from a certainty.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 04:45:50 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
It's a LOT to give up to get Paul... if he re-signs with us this summer it's worth it, but if he doesn't...

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 04:53:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I think NO is going to dump CP3 somewhere,the writing is on the wall, they are just wanting to score big .   LBJ taught all the teams a lesson that won't be forgotten for a long time.

I think CP3 should be made to sign at least a 2 year deal.

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
everybody keeps commenting on how his feelings will change once he wins here, sees the culture, etc.

has the thought popped into anyone elses head that this guy might get traded here even after hes said he doesnt wanna be here, and his response to this situation will be to sulk all year and loaf??

i understand that doing that could hurt the amount of money he'd get on his new deal, but would it??  Half a year of sulking and half-assed play wont make other teams forget what kind of player chris paul is, in fact everybody and there mother would already know he didnt wanna be here anyway.
Greg

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 04:57:59 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
everybody keeps commenting on how his feelings will change once he wins here, sees the culture, etc.

has the thought popped into anyone elses head that this guy might get traded here even after hes said he doesnt wanna be here, and his response to this situation will be to sulk all year and loaf??

i understand that doing that could hurt the amount of money he'd get on his new deal, but would it??  Half a year of sulking and half-assed play wont make other teams forget what kind of player chris paul is, in fact everybody and there mother would already know he didnt wanna be here anyway.

i think paul is too much of a competitor to do that.  look how hard he played on the hornets last year despite all the rumors and issues going on with that franchise.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 04:59:49 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I don't think Paul is that kind of player.  And I also don't think the veterans on this team would stand for it.

All indications are that Paul has no problem with the C's team right now.  The reports are that he doesn't see a future with them...which is understandable, since this core is at the end of the run.

So, Danny's job is going to be selling Paul on building a new core around him immediately next summer, after a deep playoff run for the Big 3's swan song this year.

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 05:01:41 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I don't think Paul is that kind of player.  And I also don't think the veterans on this team would stand for it.
Really? He sulks and loafs on the court all the time.

Also, I don't see how being bugged by three players that are on their way out will convince him to resign.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 05:14:35 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
He's been the best player discussed in any trade so far, so what took so long?

I think the Hornets loved our Rondo/Green/picks deal from the beginning, because they are getting two quality young players and two firsts. I think that they liked (maybe not enamoured with) Rondo from the beginning.

They were just doing their due diligence and trying to get the most out of the only assett that they have:CP3.

They knew Ainge was so hot on this that he would scramble his butt off to please them, and maybe NO gets lucky with a better arranged 3way via Ainge or some other sucker.

If not, they have an offer that is acceptable to them in hand.

They knew Danny wasn't going anyplace else, because he really had no other place to go. They knew he wanted cP3 bad.

Well played, Hornets. Now...give us CP3!!!

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 05:18:04 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker

i think paul is too much of a competitor to do that.  look how hard he played on the hornets last year despite all the rumors and issues going on with that franchise.

People thought Lebron was too much of a competitor to do something like that, but he was accused of quitting on his team in the playoffs.

Donovan McNabb was unhappy being traded from the Philadelphia Eagles to the Redskins and he showed up out of shape, wouldn't listen to coaches, and was reluctant to completely learn his new offense.....People would have said he was too much of a competitor to do that as well.

It's not too far fetched to consider
Greg

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 05:25:24 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

People thought Lebron was too much of a competitor to do something like that, but he was accused of quitting on his team in the playoffs.

Donovan McNabb was unhappy being traded from the Philadelphia Eagles to the Redskins and he showed up out of shape, wouldn't listen to coaches, and was reluctant to completely learn his new offense.....People would have said he was too much of a competitor to do that as well.

still worth the risk, i say.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 05:27:22 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee

CP3 wants a ring. That is why he doesn't want to play in Boston long term right now.

If he "sulked" and "quit" on the one team in his career that had a shot at a ring, then he would have that blackmark on him for the rest of his career.

He isn't stupid.

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 05:29:53 PM »

Offline GronkSpike

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
The Hornets are expressing trepidation to those talking to them about three-team framework with Lakers and Rockets, league sources say.

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2011, 05:35:55 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
The Hornets are expressing trepidation to those talking to them about three-team framework with Lakers and Rockets, league sources say.

That's good news. Please don't let him go to the Lakers.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 05:36:47 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker

CP3 wants a ring. That is why he doesn't want to play in Boston long term right now.

If he "sulked" and "quit" on the one team in his career that had a shot at a ring, then he would have that blackmark on him for the rest of his career.

He isn't stupid.

blackmark the rest of his career??  you really think the lakers wouldn't take him next year if he did this?  or how about the knicks??  he'd be choosing to sign with them, not forced to play for them.  both of them would give him the same shot at a ring, and would still pay him his asking price.

it's come out from multiple sources that Chris Paul does not want to play here.  Thats a HUGE buyer beware to the celtics who are still willing to force this situation on an already disgruntled player.  they're the ones who would come off looking stupid in this scenario, not Chris Paul.

Greg

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 05:49:22 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
CP3 won't agree to an extension here because his nickname will have to change.