Author Topic: Hornets Warming up to a Rondo, Green, 2 pick deal for Paul  (Read 5168 times)

Hornets Warming up to a Rondo, Green, 2 pick deal for Paul
« on: December 08, 2011, 04:09:12 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Interesting, right after the Lakers were rumored to be negotiating harder this leaks out.
Hornets cooling on idea of Boston needing involvement of 3rd team, considering package of Rajon Rondo, Jeff Green and picks for Chris Paul.
Straight from Woj himself.

Re: Hornets Warming up to a Rondo, Green, 2 pick deal for Paul
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 04:11:21 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I think the Hornets have found that their attempts to drive up the prices on CP3 are just about maxing out at this point.  It was hard to believe that the Lakers trade was for real . . . it didn't make sense as reported.

I'm really hoping for some sort of resolution to this CP3 saga by tomorrow.  I need to study.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 04:11:57 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Interesting, right after the Lakers were rumored to be negotiating harder this leaks out.
Hornets cooling on idea of Boston needing involvement of 3rd team, considering package of Rajon Rondo, Jeff Green and picks for Chris Paul.

I definitely believe Woj ahead of anybody else. The guy is a machine with his info.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 04:14:33 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
You know, sometimes people don't know what's best for themselves, and don't realize that until they're in a certain situation that kinda forces their eyes open ... I think that's where Paul's at right now regarding Boston. If he ends up here, I think he'll warm up to us after a while. I mean, what's not to like about playing with three future HOFers, for perhaps the game's best coach, and definitely the league's best and most successful franchise, and knowing that there will be enough money next offseason to sign a big extension AND get another star player -- including, possibly, his buddy Dwight?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 04:16:51 PM »

Offline mloyko

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 18

Wojo is literally the most tied in source in the league.. it felt like things were trending towards the celtics pulling this off all day and then the Lakers thing came out of nowhere... I am still optimistic though.. Danny Ainge can pull off almost anything.

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 04:17:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think the Hornets have found that their attempts to drive up the prices on CP3 are just about maxing out at this point.  It was hard to believe that the Lakers trade was for real . . . it didn't make sense as reported.

I'm really hoping for some sort of resolution to this CP3 saga by tomorrow.  I need to study.
That or they're pullilng the same game on the Lakers/Rockets or another team.

Spin spin spin!

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 04:19:11 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I just don't think Chris Paul is dumb enough not to realize here he could A. Win a ring THIS SEASON. and B. BE ON A TEAM TO HAVE THE ABLIITY TO SIGN HIM AND DWIGHT NEXT SEASON!!! I'm sorry but this crap is driving me up a wall! I understand that Boston may not be your number one destination but look what it did for KG RONDO Pierce and Allen, Hell even perkins! He was being talked about as one of the better Centers in the Leauge. I mean he could come here and easily be the best PG in the league because of whom he'll be playing with.

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 04:19:53 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
You know, sometimes people don't know what's best for themselves, and don't realize that until they're in a certain situation that kinda forces their eyes open ... I think that's where Paul's at right now regarding Boston. If he ends up here, I think he'll warm up to us after a while. I mean, what's not to like about playing with three future HOFers, for perhaps the game's best coach, and definitely the league's best and most successful franchise, and knowing that there will be enough money next offseason to sign a big extension AND get another star player -- including, possibly, his buddy Dwight?

the fan base is another part of it. if you win in boston you get to experience an atmohpere, night in and night out, that is rivaled by very few organizations in sport.  i dont think fan base is a factor for most, if not all, athletes when searching for a new destination, but once you experience it first hand its got a way of pulling you in.  just ask KG.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 04:21:26 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

Spin spin spin!

Great point. You never know if there is some mystery team out there and normally the team that gets the deal done is the one you never hear about until right before the trade. Yet wojo is almost always the guy to break stuff, so I am happy to hear what he had to say about NO looking at Green and Rondo.

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 04:23:06 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
He's been the best player discussed in any trade so far, so what took so long?

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 04:25:01 PM »

Online letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Ahhh, me too, three finals in the next three days.  Literally the worst time for all of this excitement to be happening.

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 04:27:47 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

Ahhh, me too, three finals in the next three days.  Literally the worst time for all of this excitement to be happening.

Lol man I am glad I graduated. Ha I don't miss those days, and no way I could concentrate on school right now with all that's going on with CP3.

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 04:34:35 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

the fan base is another part of it. if you win in boston you get to experience an atmohpere, night in and night out, that is rivaled by very few organizations in sport.  i dont think fan base is a factor for most, if not all, athletes when searching for a new destination, but once you experience it first hand its got a way of pulling you in.  just ask KG.

Good point. TP.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 04:41:50 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Spin spin spin!
My head is what's spinning today with all these reports
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 04:41:54 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Also what type of guy is Chris Paul? Does he want to be the "main man" on Boston the best franchise in the sport.. Or does he want to play second fiddle to Kobe until he finally retires?

If the kids demeanor is to not want the former then i dont want him in Celtics Green. If were giving up this much to get him he better be a top alpha dog and want the spotlight and all the responsibility that comes with it.