Author Topic: Houston / LA / Hornets Discuss Paul to Lakers (merged)  (Read 35900 times)

Re: Houston / LA / Hornets Discuss Paul to Lakers (merged)
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2011, 03:14:02 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Go figure! The one team owned by the league sends a superstar to the Lakers. NO rejects Rajon Rondo/Jeff Green/Avery Bradley/2 first round picks trade. But they'll gladly take worse package just to make the Lakers relevant in the future.

Its a disgrace. Shame on the league.

Trade hasn't happened yet. Calm down. And, honestly, we still have no evidence that it will. Yahoo sports is not a GM, or the NBA.

Why is it that every free agency people selectively forget ALL of the BS trade rumors from the last round?

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2011, 03:14:44 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
A Nene/Gasol frontcourt, with Lowry/Dragic on point and a horde of young wings and tweeners to fill in the gaps.  Will this demonic vision put CP3 in purple and gold?
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2011, 03:14:48 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
im really starting to feel like there's a big chunk of the story we're not getting and that it involves something the hornets want boston to give up but that boston has been unwilling to give up.

They are pushing to get the Clippers or Warriors to give them the young scorer they seem to want.  

(I think that is the issue with Rondo.  It leaves NO without a scorer/draw to the fans)

« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2011, 03:15:03 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
time for danny boy to pull out of this race and concentrate on filling out his team...boy it is going to be a long season following the celtics

I missed the part were it was said "the trade has been agreed upon"

All I see is posturing to try and get better offers.

Houston wants Paul.  Why would they need the Lakers to make this trade if it is Rocket players that knock Paul lose?

I am with you here. Something's up. Houston has already been reported that they would take Paul without the extension. I can't believe they would want Gasol, even if he is signed long term, more then they would want Paul.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Quote from: thehoopsforum
Marlon Benjamin
A source with knowledge of the situation insists the Celtics still are offering the most attractive package of prospects & picks for CP...

again, i think the hornets are trying to squeeze us for more.  just not sure what . . . picks? 
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2011, 03:16:44 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
im really starting to feel like there's a big chunk of the story we're not getting and that it involves something the hornets want boston to give up but that boston has been unwilling to give up.

Yup.  This rumor HAD to happen.  With GS and the Clippers essentially dropping out with a day to go, they needed to assure the C's did not suddenly get comfortable.  
Plus lets not go nuts, as much as I love CP3 I don't think the Lakers are a shoe in with him.

He and Kobe have some serious diminishing returns, and they're all in Bynum's health (both for this year and as a trade chip to get Howard)

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2011, 03:17:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
trade hasn't happened yet...indeed...but it seems it is going to happen for someone and not boston..boston has offered like 8 different ones to NO...just think danny needs to refocus on the guys he has and rounding out the bench..

-we still need a LEGIT back up center for the aging JO
-we still need to do something with davis and green
-we still need to figure out if bradley is worth anything to this team
-and to me signing a bunch of marquis daniels type players will not make boston a legit contender in the east

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2011, 03:17:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The only thing I could see Boston being unwilling to part with is either the Clippers first rounder next year(doubtful since most rumors have this being part of the trade already) or their first rounder in 2014, because if Paul comes here and bolts, that 2014 pick could be a top 5 pick. Otherwise, I can't see Boston unwilling to part with just about anything that NO would want from them.

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2011, 03:19:58 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Yup.  This rumor HAD to happen.  With GS and the Clippers essentially dropping out with a day to go, they needed to assure the C's did not suddenly get comfortable.  
Plus lets not go nuts, as much as I love CP3 I don't think the Lakers are a shoe in with him.

He and Kobe have some serious diminishing returns, and they're all in Bynum's health (both for this year and as a trade chip to get Howard)

I agree completely.  I think Paul is a much more significant pickup for the C's than he would be for the Lakers, particularly when they are giving up Gasol (who is being incredibly underrated).

Now, if the Lakers can get Howard, all bets are off...but I would be shocked if the Nets don't win that bidding hands down. 

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2011, 03:20:29 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
The only thing I could see Boston being unwilling to part with is either the Clippers first rounder next year(doubtful since most rumors have this being part of the trade already) or their first rounder in 2014, because if Paul comes here and bolts, that 2014 pick could be a top 5 pick. Otherwise, I can't see Boston unwilling to part with just about anything that NO would want from them.

yeah, i agree, that's why im confused.  the 2014 pick wouldn't surprise me too much.  that really could be a top pick if paul comes here and then leaves.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2011, 03:20:48 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
what else do the want for boston? rondo, green or davis, picks?
they want bradley? take him...

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2011, 03:21:10 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
trade hasn't happened yet...indeed...but it seems it is going to happen for someone and not boston..boston has offered like 8 different ones to NO...just think danny needs to refocus on the guys he has and rounding out the bench..

-and to me signing a bunch of marquis daniels type players will not make boston a legit contender in the east

Every time this comes up that they like another team better, it has fell through.  

GS and Clipper will not give up certain players.  Boston best offer.

Houston can't get a deal to get Paul but if he goes the LA, their players are good enough for NO.  But Boston still has the best offer.

NO is trying to drive up the price.  

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2011, 03:22:52 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Every time this comes up that they like another team better, it has fell through.  

Houston can't get a deal to get Paul but if he goes the LA, their players are good enough for NO.  But Boston still has the best offer.

but what else do they want from boston? boston has offered pretty much everything they can....

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2011, 03:24:18 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

but what else do they want from boston? boston has offered pretty much everything they can....

Another draft pick.  Less protection on the pick.

Or maybe they are pushing them harder to find a third team that has a young scorer they seem to want. 

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2011, 03:25:47 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
ugh..when does danny say enough..we are keeping rondo, resigning green and S and T glen davis?