Author Topic: Houston / LA / Hornets Discuss Paul to Lakers (merged)  (Read 35866 times)

Re: New (and bad) stuff from Wojo
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2011, 03:08:34 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
This trade to me makes sense only for LA

1. Bynum - Kobe - Paul is a good trio
2. Secondly, Paul in LA probably greatly enhances the chances of Howard coming to LA in free agency next year, or:

Bynum + picks and anything else on the team besides Paul and Kobe, for Howard right now.

Problems with the whole scenario though:

1. Why would NO want Martin and Scola? Both are decent players, neither are ones you can build around

2. Why on earth would Houston want to build around a 32 year old Pau Gasol?

Pau Gasol and what? They have nothing there outside of the the two guys being traded in Martin and Scola.

I could understand if Houston were on the edge or a ring and wanted to then add Gasol.

Otherwise? Makes no sense at all for No and Houston.

Re: Houston / LA / Hornets Discuss Paul to Lakers (merged)
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2011, 03:08:56 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Names talked about in CP3 3-way are: CP to Lakers, Gasol to HOU & Kevin Martin & Luis Scola and possible picks to Hornets, source tells Y!

@SpearsNBAYahoo
I think I'll cry if that happens.

Why would Houston do that?  They'd be getting worse talent, and wouldn't be saving any money.  I mean, I actually like Pau, but he's not as good as Scola and Martin combined.

yeah, this reported trade makes very little sense.  it wouldn't surprise me if this stuff is being leaked to try to get other trade partners to sweat / offer more (e.g. the celtics).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Don't know why Houston does this? Thier Two best players for Gasol? Literally gets them no where..

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2011, 03:09:11 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
time for danny boy to pull out of this race and concentrate on filling out his team...boy it is going to be a long season following the celtics

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2011, 03:10:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If I'm NO I'm not taking anything less than Lowry, Martin, Hill, Patterson and picks from Houston in that three way.

Patterson look like he is going to be a player, Lowry still has upside and had a great half season last year, Martin is an established scorer and even Hill looks like he could develop into a decent big man off the bench.

Still, I don't think that package is better than Rondo, Green and 2 2012 picks, one being the Clippers.

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2011, 03:10:49 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Hmm... Sounds like he might be a Laker. Scola and Kevin Martin plus some other young players and picks for Gasol is a ton to give up. Leaves you with Gasol and Lowry if you are Houston. I guess if you got Nene too then you have a nice combo at the 4 and the 5.

I guess this does have legs. Insane that Houston wouldn't move  Martin for Melo but will for Gasol.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2011, 03:11:14 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
 @ChrisMannixSI: Just filed to SI.com: Lakers/Rockets/Hornets talks heating up, Boston pushing harder to get back in

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2011, 03:11:35 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
time for danny boy to pull out of this race and concentrate on filling out his team...boy it is going to be a long season following the celtics

I missed the part were it was said "the trade has been agreed upon"

All I see is posturing to try and get better offers.

Houston wants Paul.  Why would they need the Lakers to make this trade if it is Rocket players that knock Paul lose?

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2011, 03:11:54 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Go figure! The one team owned by the league sends a superstar to the Lakers. NO rejects Rajon Rondo/Jeff Green/Avery Bradley/2 first round picks trade. But they'll gladly take worse package just to make the Lakers relevant in the future.

Its a disgrace. Shame on the league.

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2011, 03:12:12 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
im really starting to feel like there's a big chunk of the story we're not getting and that it involves something the hornets want boston to give up but that boston has been unwilling to give up.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2011, 03:12:21 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
This trade to me makes sense only for LA

1. Bynum - Kobe - Paul is a good trio
2. Secondly, Paul in LA probably greatly enhances the chances of Howard coming to LA in free agency next year, or:

Bynum + picks and anything else on the team besides Paul and Kobe, for Howard right now.

Problems with the whole scenario though:

1. Why would NO want Martin and Scola? Both are decent players, neither are ones you can build around

2. Why on earth would Houston want to build around a 32 year old Pau Gasol?

Pau Gasol and what? They have nothing there outside of the the two guys being traded in Martin and Scola.

I could understand if Houston were on the edge or a ring and wanted to then add Gasol.

Otherwise? Makes no sense at all for No and Houston.

the lakers want to keep bynum only to trade him to orlando for howard. they are trying to use their bigs to get paul and howard

Re: Houston / LA / Hornets Discuss Paul to Lakers
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2011, 03:13:32 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
If the Rockets land Gasol in 3-way trade, expect them to make a strong run at Nuggets free agent center Nene, source tells @YahooSports.

- Marc Spears via twitter.

What?  Are you sure that's not if they DON'T land Gasol?  'Cause trading for Pau's 18 million a year salary and then giving Nene huge money makes less than no sense for a team who's best permimeter player would then be Kyle Lowery.

Mike

« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2011, 03:13:32 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
im really starting to feel like there's a big chunk of the story we're not getting and that it involves something the hornets want boston to give up but that boston has been unwilling to give up.
It could be something as simple as how protected the picks are.

It could be they don't want Rondo and aren't in love with the three way options.

They could just be getting every offer they can on the table and then making a final determination.

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2011, 03:13:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

what? boston doesn't have anything that should be considered off limits

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2011, 03:13:51 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Yup.  This rumor HAD to happen.  With GS and the Clippers essentially dropping out with a day to go, they needed to assure the C's did not suddenly get comfortable.