Author Topic: Amare for CP3?  (Read 2950 times)

Re: Amare for CP3?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 02:56:23 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Hard to see New Orleans pulling the trigger.  They're not in a position to build a contender around a single, 29-year old star.

It would have to be a 3-way deal.  Although I have a hard time imagining Amare will bring more value than Rondo, Green, and a pick or two.

I could see the Pacer letting go of more to get Amare in the mix between Granger and Hibbert.

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 03:13:27 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I would trade Melo for Paul in that scenario.

Just thinking that. NO would have marketable star locked up; cp3/amare pick and roll would be devestating with chandler on D

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 03:21:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Amare was hobbled by back issues. Thats a bad thing.

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 03:40:47 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
I think it would be absolutely hilarious to see the Knicks go ahead and trade Amare after a year.

Ruin their reputation immediately after becoming a viable contender? Hilarious. Only the Knicks would do something that stupid.

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 03:42:38 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
IMO the New York Knicks were actually scarier early last year without Carmelo. They would simply just ride Amare' in the halfcourt and push the tempo in transition. Once Anthony showed up it kind of slowed down their offense... not to mention crushed them defensively.

Chris Paul and Tyson Chandler played well together before but weren't contenders. Carmelo is a screen door defensively... That threesome doesn't scare me.

Anthony, Amare, Chandler > Paul, Anthony, Chandler

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 03:46:19 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Hard to see New Orleans pulling the trigger.  They're not in a position to build a contender around a single, 29-year old star.

It would have to be a 3-way deal.  Although I have a hard time imagining Amare will bring more value than Rondo, Green, and a pick or two.

I think Amare's value is a lot higher than it was last year, when many people were wondering how he'd perform without Nash on his team.

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 03:48:36 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I think Amare's value is a lot higher than it was last year, when many people were wondering how he'd perform without Nash on his team.

Yeah, I agree.  But I also think the package the C's could offer is even more valuable.

Amare by himself is more valuable than Rondo probably, but when you throw in Green and the picks, I am not sure the Knicks can compete.