Author Topic: I have an awful feeling about this season and the future  (Read 3494 times)

I have an awful feeling about this season and the future
« on: December 08, 2011, 10:53:54 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Chris Paul is giving the Celtics the "Stink Eye" and would rather play in Los Angelos or New York and tell the Celtics to stick it where the sun don't shine.

Now with Rondo, I would not be surprised if he and his agent have already told Danny to trade me, trade me.......

Here is where I think this is going, and none of you are gonna like it one bit. This fits the patterns of Danny Ainge to a T.

I think we will be dealing with Phoenix real soon. Read into that what you will. The consequences are that we get glory's last shot this year and then we all get look forward to the Miami Heat and the Los Angeles Lakers battle it out for the NBA title until 2020 or when the next CBA gets negotiated.

Does a Celtic roster of:

Steve Nash, TJ Ford
Ray Allen, Jared Dudley, Anthony Parker
Paul Pierce, Marquis Daniels
KG, Hakim Warrick (or Mickeal Pietrus), JJJ
Jermaine O'Neal, Marcin Gortat

get us our 18th Championship in 2012????

Sober up if you think we are getting Chris Paul then Dwight Howard. Let us hope we don't get "forced" into taking Metta World Peace off the Amnesty Scrap Heap in 2013. That would be a throw back to the Sydney Wicks - Curtis Rowe Era that bridged John Havlicek and Larry Bird back in the late 70s.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

Re: I have an awful feeling about this season and the future
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 10:56:25 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 676
  • MASTER OF PANIC
meh..i don't see this team winning a title with or without paul this season. boston just doesn't have a center and will not have the pieces on the bench to be a factor.

next year is going to be starting over

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 11:01:03 AM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
Honestly, it's time to gut the roster and get the best piece to build around that we can.  We have about half-a-roster in place with no durable big men.

You have to get a star to attract a star.  We need a star.  (Just for the record, I HATE that this is what the NBA has become)

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 11:04:12 AM »

Offline Moreover

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 10
This is random, but I see TJ Ford mentioned there - apparently he's going to San Antonio. He hinted it on his twitter. Good signing for them.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 11:06:05 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
meh..i don't see this team winning a title with or without paul this season. boston just doesn't have a center and will not have the pieces on the bench to be a factor.

Well, that is why I say trade with Phoenix and go all in with Nash and Gortat...... I don't see them giving us Robin Lopez. Jared Dudley, JJJ, and Mickeal Pietrus would be a bridge going forward until we draft the next Paul Pierce.... Phoenix gets Rondo (who they should have had all along because we bought that draft pick from them), Glen Davis, and Jeff Green. And you are right, next year is gonna be starting over.

I would like to sign up Bernie Pollard to take out Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, Dwade, Lebron, Dewey, and Bosh's knees. But then the Thiba-Bulls might become NBA favorites along with Oklahoma (who used to play in Seattle).
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 11:28:58 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Well, that is why I say trade with Phoenix and go all in with Nash and Gortat...... I don't see them giving us Robin Lopez. Jared Dudley, JJJ, and Mickeal Pietrus would be a bridge going forward until we draft the next Paul Pierce.... Phoenix gets Rondo (who they should have had all along because we bought that draft pick from them), Glen Davis, and Jeff Green. And you are right, next year is gonna be starting over.

I would like to sign up Bernie Pollard to take out Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, Dwade, Lebron, Dewey, and Bosh's knees. But then the Thiba-Bulls might become NBA favorites along with Oklahoma (who used to play in Seattle).

Ugh.... I just want Paul.

But I really could see this team being incredible with Nash.  We'd become an average overall defensive team (probably 12-20 range), but likely #1 in offensive efficiency with Nash and knock down shooters/scorers around him.  Plus we could acquire a bench from Phx in the form of players you mentioned.

I could be on board for this I guess.  Not all that psyched about it though
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 11:30:59 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
This is random, but I see TJ Ford mentioned there - apparently he's going to San Antonio. He hinted it on his twitter. Good signing for them.
Yeah, I think he'll fit in nicely in San Antonio's offense (if he has anything left in the tank and I hope he does, always enjoyed watching TJ Ford).

Takes the pressure off of Corey Joseph too. Can treat him more as a long term project than force him into an immediate contributor role. Good news on that front also.

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 11:32:25 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25617
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't have much hope for this team now or in the future with Rondo as our starting point guard.  I don't think the team is good enough to win this year without an upgrade, and I'm not a fan of building around Rondo.

CP3 at least gives us a chance, in my opinion.  If things don't work out, at least the organization swung for the fences, rather than settling for a mediocre future.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 02:09:01 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 01:48:17 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I honestly feel like the Celts have very little shot to get to the finals this year and everyone knows it. Even the Bulls are a tough team to get by right now. CP3 added to the big 3 is great but Rondo is too and we still would have no bench. We're asking a super star to sign on to rebuilding and that will be very hard. We might be better off trying to get a big man to go with Rondo rather than a small guy to go with old guys and a "trust me" on future guys.

This team was built to get old and expire and that's what will happen. The big plan was to have money. But now even money doesn't get things done because superstars don't go to free agency. They just demand trades to teams they like. Then even if they do go to free agency they go to teams with a shot at winning the title with other players.

The Lebron/Wade way of doing business is the new way. Players make their own decisions. The NBA is totally different than it was.

Players went to the highest bidder or stayed with teams they thought were building around them. That's totally done now.

Look at how the Magic's, Larrys, MJs, Barkleys, Malones, Patricks, and even Shaqs etc used to do things and now look at CP3, Bron, Melo, etc

In a manner of speaking if Barley were playing today he'd be like "Oh geeze. There's no way I can bring this team a ring. I'm calling my agent to get me to Utah, the Lakers, or the Bulls"

It's just crazy now.

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 02:05:06 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Nash/Big3/Gortat is the most offensively potent starting line-up in the league, and not bad defensively either (KG and Gortat is as good defensively as KG and Perk - Nash hurts, but that's good cover).  Definitely a powerful all-in team, esp. if we retained Delonte and JO for the bench and signed somebody to help on the wing (I don't think we could get Gortat AND Dudley in trade).
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 02:08:20 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 676
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I don't have much hope for this team now or in the future with Rondo as our starting center.  I don't think the team is good enough to win this year without an upgrade, and I'm not a fan of building around Rondo.

CP3 at least gives us a chance, in my opinion.  If things don't work out, at least the organization swung for the fences, rather than settling for a mediocre future.

well said. Danny knows what he has in rondo..and it isn't good enough to win them a title this year or to be the piece he builds around next season

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 05:42:15 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I don't have much hope for this team now or in the future with Rondo as our starting center.  I don't think the team is good enough to win this year without an upgrade, and I'm not a fan of building around Rondo.

CP3 at least gives us a chance, in my opinion.  If things don't work out, at least the organization swung for the fences, rather than settling for a mediocre future.

well said. Danny knows what he has in rondo..and it isn't good enough to win them a title this year or to be the piece he builds around next season
I've had an awful feeling about this season and beyond for a long time. If Danny can't reel in two quality bigs and a decent shooting wing I don't think the C's have, even, a puncher's chance at the title this year. Chris Paul would be a small bandage on a gaping wound when the Celtics need two very large bandages to replace the losses of Shaq/Perk/Krstic/Erden.

"The window" was never suppose to be for more than 3 years. The sell by date has passed, the milk has gone sour, and the rest of the cupboard is very, very, bare. Sorry, folks, but we might as well turn off the lights because this party is over.

If Danny thinks the only way to lure Howard here is by getting Chris Paul now, then go for it. I doubt he'll get him, though.  Frankly, IMO, if the Celtics don't get Chris Paul now, giving a chance at Howard later, then it's time to sell off any and all assets, dynamite the building, and start over from scratch.

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 05:45:17 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
I honestly feel like the Celts have very little shot to get to the finals this year and everyone knows it. Even the Bulls are a tough team to get by right now. CP3 added to the big 3 is great but Rondo is too and we still would have no bench. We're asking a super star to sign on to rebuilding and that will be very hard. We might be better off trying to get a big man to go with Rondo rather than a small guy to go with old guys and a "trust me" on future guys.

This team was built to get old and expire and that's what will happen. The big plan was to have money. But now even money doesn't get things done because superstars don't go to free agency. They just demand trades to teams they like. Then even if they do go to free agency they go to teams with a shot at winning the title with other players.

The Lebron/Wade way of doing business is the new way. Players make their own decisions. The NBA is totally different than it was.

Players went to the highest bidder or stayed with teams they thought were building around them. That's totally done now.

Look at how the Magic's, Larrys, MJs, Barkleys, Malones, Patricks, and even Shaqs etc used to do things and now look at CP3, Bron, Melo, etc

In a manner of speaking if Barley were playing today he'd be like "Oh geeze. There's no way I can bring this team a ring. I'm calling my agent to get me to Utah, the Lakers, or the Bulls"

It's just crazy now.

All true except Barkley.  He was pretty much a p--- head.

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 05:46:48 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
i am starting to warm to the idea of this trade simply for the attempt to just keep CP3 from the Lakers.

im so sick and tired of seeing everything just fall right into that teams lap
Greg

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 05:56:29 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
i am starting to warm to the idea of this trade simply for the attempt to just keep CP3 from the Lakers.

im so sick and tired of seeing everything just fall right into that teams lap

greg, welcome to the Dark Side.... we will get CP3