Author Topic: Ainge offers Rondo, Green, two Firsts, 4 Paul  (Read 7542 times)

Re: Ainge offers Rondo, Green, two Firsts, 4 Paul
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 12:27:09 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
With the possibility of West bolting elsewhere, and Paul wanting out, I see a more likely trade scenario include BBD and maybe Avery Bradley

Rondo 11m
Bradley 2m
BBD 4m
2 picks

CP3 16m

We get the new Big 4, Green takes the qualifying, resign Delonte, and the mini Midlvl split between Micheal Redd and Kwame Brown or Pyzbilla

CP,Ray,Pierce,KG,Kwame
West,Redd,Green,JJJ,JO
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 01:28:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Golden State might offer Curry whom they really want.

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 06:55:42 PM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Now I'm confused...  Still, if not Golden State, the frontrunner has to be the Clippers.

Stephen Curry said he got assurances from general manager Larry Riley and coach Mark Jackson that he’s staying with the Warriors.

http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2011/12/07/steph-curry-gets-assurances-that-hell-stay-with-gs-warriors/

Asked directly if he believes this matter now is closed, Duffy said, "Yeah. I mean, they would be perceived as highly disingenuous if they do something after they publicly came out and said he’s their guy, he’s not going anywhere."

http://bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2011_1203trade_winds_calm_cs_to_agent_rondo_our_guy/

The Clippers are reluctant to part with either Gordon or Jordan in any trade for Paul, the source said, because Paul hasn't given any assurances he will re-sign with them following the 2011-12 season and owner Donald Sterling is still deeply stung from the way forward Elton Brand burned the Clippers in 2008 by signing with the Philadelphia 76ers.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7325398/source-eric-gordon-deandre-jordan-not-los-angeles-clippers-chris-paul-offer

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 07:22:38 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
So I don't see us gaining anything by giving up so much for him. Of course it is only considered "giving up so much" because we have no one on the roster as it is.

I heard that we are offering Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, E'Twaun Moore, Jeff Green and then adding in two first round picks and if one is the Clippers pick, which could be a good pick, then how do we rebuild our team going forward? Especially if Chris Paul leaves for NY.

So going into the season, if this trade is made, (unlikely I understand) then our roster is: Chris Paul, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnet, Jermaine O'Neal, JaJuan Johnson and whatever scrap players we can sign during free agency. So he is going to stay because of...? Johnson and Pierce? Ha! Ainge should include a pre-paid plane ticket to New York  in the trade dated for beginning of next off season. Paul is a great PG, better than Rondo obviously but not worth a 1 year rental honestly.

Trade Rondo, I agree, but keep the Clippers 1st round pick and try to keep Green. However, you can also keep Rondo and package a deal with him and the Clippers pick to trade up in the draft and maybe land Austin Rivers. 

I am very big on the idea of having a chance to win a championship this year. Short of that -- who cares?  Next year doesn't matter to me.  If Rondo could shoot, I'd say we are contenders -- but he can't.  CP can. Additionally, the perception of the C's as a legit contender changes overnight if they land CP.  Land CP and every current available FA places Boston on top of their destination list. Guys WILL take less to come here much as Shaq did last year.

Next year is next year and if CP wants to go to NY for $40 million less than Boston, he is free to go. More likely he'll sign with Boston or they'll orchestrate a sign & trade with NY laden with future considerations.  Worst case, we start from scratch in 2012.

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 07:28:22 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Now I'm confused...  Still, if not Golden State, the frontrunner has to be the Clippers.

Stephen Curry said he got assurances from general manager Larry Riley and coach Mark Jackson that he’s staying with the Warriors.

http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2011/12/07/steph-curry-gets-assurances-that-hell-stay-with-gs-warriors/

Asked directly if he believes this matter now is closed, Duffy said, "Yeah. I mean, they would be perceived as highly disingenuous if they do something after they publicly came out and said he’s their guy, he’s not going anywhere."

http://bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2011_1203trade_winds_calm_cs_to_agent_rondo_our_guy/

The Clippers are reluctant to part with either Gordon or Jordan in any trade for Paul, the source said, because Paul hasn't given any assurances he will re-sign with them following the 2011-12 season and owner Donald Sterling is still deeply stung from the way forward Elton Brand burned the Clippers in 2008 by signing with the Philadelphia 76ers.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7325398/source-eric-gordon-deandre-jordan-not-los-angeles-clippers-chris-paul-offer

at this point, i think the celtics are competing with a package of bledsoe, aminu, kaman, and the t-wolves pick from the clippers, and possibly a package including gasol from the lakers.

it's a little shocking to me that there'd be any question that rondo + green + picks is more valuable than that clippers package, unless the hornets really thought the t-wolves pick could end up being top 5 in next summer's stacked draft. 

any package from the lakers that didn't include bynum (who it seems they are saving for a dwight howard trade) would only make sense if the hornets think they can remain competitive right now.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 07:40:50 PM »

Offline jordb2k5

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Am I the only that thinks based on what's been reported thus far that Paul will be a Celtic?  According to what's out there Clippers pulled Gordon and Warriors pulled Curry, clearly Rondo is better than those guys and also the best offer they will get. 

I don't know if we are working with Indy to get a 3 team trade like has been reported or what but at least at this moment it seems like he's going to be one of us....am I crazy?

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 07:43:19 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Am I the only that thinks based on what's been reported thus far that Paul will be a Celtic?  According to what's out there Clippers pulled Gordon and Warriors pulled Curry, clearly Rondo is better than those guys and also the best offer they will get. 

I don't know if we are working with Indy to get a 3 team trade like has been reported or what but at least at this moment it seems like he's going to be one of us....am I crazy?

You're not crazy.  The question though is whether we're being told the correct facts.  These are all just rumors at this point. 

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 07:47:12 PM »

Offline jordb2k5

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16

You're not crazy.  The question though is whether we're being told the correct facts.  These are all just rumors at this point. 

It just seems like there's wayyyy too much smoke here considering Dickerson who's been quiet all year even said we are working with Indy to get a 3 team trade, multiple outlets saying that curry and gordon are off the table.

It could be something like last year where NJ went hard for Carmelo and failed then what felt like 5 minutes later they had Derron Williams, just saying that I guess there's probably more going on than we realize.  Still at this moment if you were betting wouldn't you bet he's a Celtic by Friday?

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 07:50:05 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
latest update from hoopshype suggests the celtics might not even be in the running at the moment:

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

perhaps it became clear the hornets were not gonna go for a deal centered solely around rondo, green, and picks, and ainge's efforts to find a 3rd team have resulted only in frustration?

maybe it's just a calm in the storm?  hard to say.  im still a bit confused why the celtics' offer would be met with such cool indifference from the hornets.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 07:51:53 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas

It just seems like there's wayyyy too much smoke here considering Dickerson who's been quiet all year even said we are working with Indy to get a 3 team trade, multiple outlets saying that curry and gordon are off the table.

It could be something like last year where NJ went hard for Carmelo and failed then what felt like 5 minutes later they had Derron Williams, just saying that I guess there's probably more going on than we realize.  Still at this moment if you were betting wouldn't you bet he's a Celtic by Friday?

Assuming that a) the rumors are correct, and b) the Hornets are actually deadset on trading him, I'd bet on the C's.  

I don't doubt that they're shopping him.  I just question if all the nuances that are leading us to envision him in Green are definitely true.  Like, did the Warrior really say no go on Curry?  Or are they just balking and will eventually relent?  

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 08:01:27 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Well, the league has informed the teams that they can begin player transactions starting at 2pm Friday. We won't have to deal with rumours for much longer (hopefully).
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 08:04:30 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I liked this idea from Sam Amick's article (the hoopshype link above)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/07/chris.paul/index.html

But because the new collective bargaining agreement makes it more lucrative for a player in Paul's position to re-sign in the summer as opposed to signing an extension now, Paul may have to find a new way to show he's willing to stay beyond this season.

One likely idea, as was suggested to me recently, would be for Paul to pick up his player option for next season ($17.7 million) as a sign of good faith commitment. While a new deal would eventually be agreed upon, picking up the option would assure the team that they had his contractual rights in the interim and allow the blood pressure of the respective GM to stop rising.

That would be a good gesture to make from Chris Paul. Give his new two years to build a side and show that they can build a Contender around him.

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 09:07:17 PM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
The more I read the more I'm convinced that Paul's likely new team will be the Clippers.  Reportedly, Los Angeles REALLY wants Minnesota's 2012 first round pick since, unlike the Clippers' future first round pick that Boston owns, it's unprotected.

Apparently, the wildcard in all of this is Tyson Chandler.  That is to say, Paul's decision to sign an extension with Golden State could be contingent on Chandler being signed there beforehand.  That plan could backfire...  Yeah, I'm going with the Clippers here.

While there was conflicting information about the Clippers' offer, the bottom line for the Hornets is this: They want the 2012 unprotected first-round pick that came from Minnesota. Of all the assets in play here, that pick is atop the Hornets' wish list, alongside Golden State guard Stephen Curry.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/07/chris.paul/index.html

Los Angeles is unwilling to part with two players they believe are cornerstones for the future without a guarantee that Paul will re-up with them next summer.

Even with both players off the negotiating table, the Clippers still have a strong offer. They have two former first-rounders in Eric Bledsoe and Al-Farouq Aminu, center Chris Kaman and his expiring deal, and the Minnesota Timberwolves' 2012 first-round draft pick.

In addition, the team has also indicated it is willing to take on some contracts New Orleans wants to get rid of as well.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/972554-nba-trade-rumors-breaking-down-latest-trade-offers-for-chris-paul

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 09:19:12 PM »

Offline Liam W

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Danny Offers Rondo, Green, & two 1st rounders for Chris Paul

From YardBarker
Thats giving up way to bloody much for a guy that will obviously bolt after this season.

Is Danny on crack or something? if Chris Paul signs an extension with the Celtics then il listen even though i still think its way too much

Stupid decision if it happens, and it will be even more ridiclous if Paul does in fact leave at seasons end

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 09:34:48 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
Danny Offers Rondo, Green, & two 1st rounders for Chris Paul

From YardBarker
Thats giving up way to bloody much for a guy that will obviously bolt after this season.

Is Danny on crack or something? if Chris Paul signs an extension with the Celtics then il listen even though i still think its way too much

Stupid decision if it happens, and it will be even more ridiclous if Paul does in fact leave at seasons end

Not necessarily. 

Depends on the first rounders.  If we're good for a while longer, it won't be that much to give up.  And even the Clippers pick isn't likely to be that great as the team seems to be on the upswing. 

And while I'd prefer to hold onto Green, a) anything beyond the one year QO could've been prohibitive in us getting Howard next summer, so we likely would've let him walk next summer if he stuck around.  And b) if Paul comes, it could be easier for us to land a guy like Grant Hill or Shane Battier.  And if we get them, we won't miss Green too much in the short term.