Author Topic: Ainge offers Rondo, Green, two Firsts, 4 Paul  (Read 7536 times)

Ainge offers Rondo, Green, two Firsts, 4 Paul
« on: December 07, 2011, 04:21:05 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Danny Offers Rondo, Green, & two 1st rounders for Chris Paul

From YardBarker

Re: Ainge offers Rondo, Green, two Firsts, 4 Paul
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 04:29:24 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 05:10:31 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
ha a little late with that breaking news ;)

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Thats a tough deal for the Hornets to turn down in my opinion. I jump at that trade if Im NO.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 08:46:58 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Entirely way too much to give up for a guy who will more than likely bolt after a year. Jeff Green is a player who is much needed by the Celtics, he provides versatility and relieves KG and PP of minutes. I hope one of the picks isn't the Clippers pick the Celts have because this draft is going to be a deep one. I just hope this whole thing isn't true.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 08:56:56 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I also think that the Hornets don't want to take on Rondo and Green...

Rondo/ Jack
Belinelli
Ariza/ Green
West
Okafor

That's going to be a solid defensive team but New Orleans needs a go to scorer or they'll be dead last in a tough division. They need an Eric Gordon type player.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 09:11:13 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
folks, keep in mind that it is a rumor. seems like NO should have jumped at it? maybe they would.... if it was offered.

I'd say the only thing we know for sure at this point is:
(1) NO is open to trading Chris Paul
(2) Warriors, Celtics, Clippers are potential landing spots

Beyond that, it is just speculation - wild, in some cases.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 09:16:54 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Thats a tough deal for the Hornets to turn down in my opinion. I jump at that trade if Im NO.

Right now CP3 is the only top level player on the market. They'll wait until they see what the best offer  they can get is. It's not like one of the suitors is going to trade those assets in another blockbuster deal.

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 09:21:12 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Right now CP3 is the only top level player on the market. They'll wait until they see what the best offer  they can get is. It's not like one of the suitors is going to trade those assets in another blockbuster deal.

Good point, but I wonder if Danny would pull the offer if NO took too long.

And to that point, I wonder if Danny has 100% committed himself to trading Rondo at this point. Cat's kinda out of the bat now.

Wanna do a statistical breakdown of how Darren Collison, Paul George, and Roy Hibbert would fit in with the C's?

Yeah..me either.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 09:22:19 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
This is from realgm boston board, some member said that there's reluctance from both the clippers and warriors to give up Gordon or Curry respectively...

I've heard already about the Clippers but not about the warriors,can someone confirm ? this would be an important development.

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 09:47:41 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
This is from realgm boston board, some member said that there's reluctance from both the clippers and warriors to give up Gordon or Curry respectively...

I've heard already about the Clippers but not about the warriors,can someone confirm ? this would be an important development.

Quote from: Truehoop
The Clippers, meanwhile, have been aggressive in their pursuit of Paul, but sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne that neither Gordon nor restricted free agent center DeAndre Jordan has been offered to New Orleans.

Said one source close to the situation of Gordon's inclusion: "That's a deal-breaker [for the Clippers]."

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 10:05:21 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

Quote from: Truehoop
The Clippers, meanwhile, have been aggressive in their pursuit of Paul, but sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne that neither Gordon nor restricted free agent center DeAndre Jordan has been offered to New Orleans.

Said one source close to the situation of Gordon's inclusion: "That's a deal-breaker [for the Clippers]."

thanks, here is the news I was searching for, it was on the frontpage

Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry and Los Angeles Clippers guard Eric Gordon are the two players New Orleans has pursued the hardest in the Hornets' fast-moving search for a workable Chris Paul trade, according to sources close to the talks. But the Hornets continue to meet with resistance from the Warriors and the Clippers on Curry and Gordon, sources told ESPN.com, because both teams are reluctant to part with their young backcourt cornerstones with no assurance from Paul that he will stay beyond this season.

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 11:39:16 AM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Golden State should be the team to acquire Chris Paul because their rumored offer beats both Los Angeles teams.  I mean Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Ekpe Udoh are an intriguing acquisition of young players to begin the rebuilding process in New Orleans.  But, New Orleans needs to acquire Golden State's 2013 first round pick as well.  And I would attempt to reacquire Darren Collison from Indiana since Curry really isn't a point guard.  That is, I would move him to shooting guard.  If Golden State waives Andris Biedrins, maybe Ainge can sign him.

If I'm Ainge, I wait another year and wait out for Blake Griffin.  He's who you go after to pair with Rondo, in my opinion.  Because I don't see how an offer of Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, E'Twaun Moore and the Clippers' 2012 lottery protected first round pick are enough.  The inclusion of Jeff Green doesn't add much to the deal either for me, if I'm New Orleans.  You already have Trevor Ariza and Quincy Pondexter at small forward.

The Celtics have reportedly changed their stance on whether they'd require a long-term commitment before trading for Paul. It was believed to be a requisite to a deal getting done when SI.com first reported their interest in Paul. Sources said their offer includes point guard Rajon Rondo, a 2012 top-10 protected first-round pick from the Clippers, second-year guard Avery Bradley and rookie guard E'Twaun Moore. Another source said restricted free agent Jeff Green would likely be part of that deal as well.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/06/chris.paul/index.html

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 11:57:45 AM »

Offline The DarkPassenger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
So I don't see us gaining anything by giving up so much for him. Of course it is only considered "giving up so much" because we have no one on the roster as it is.

I heard that we are offering Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, E'Twaun Moore, Jeff Green and then adding in two first round picks and if one is the Clippers pick, which could be a good pick, then how do we rebuild our team going forward? Especially if Chris Paul leaves for NY.

So going into the season, if this trade is made, (unlikely I understand) then our roster is: Chris Paul, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnet, Jermaine O'Neal, JaJuan Johnson and whatever scrap players we can sign during free agency. So he is going to stay because of...? Johnson and Pierce? Ha! Ainge should include a pre-paid plane ticket to New York  in the trade dated for beginning of next off season. Paul is a great PG, better than Rondo obviously but not worth a 1 year rental honestly.

Trade Rondo, I agree, but keep the Clippers 1st round pick and try to keep Green. However, you can also keep Rondo and package a deal with him and the Clippers pick to trade up in the draft and maybe land Austin Rivers. 
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." - Michael Jordan

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."- Red Auerbach

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 12:17:24 PM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
i really think this is too much for paul. Especially if the picks are this years draft. This draft is looking really strong.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet