Author Topic: Suggested trade between Celtics/Hornets  (Read 1961 times)

Suggested trade between Celtics/Hornets
« on: December 07, 2011, 04:04:08 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=89t77jy (I used JO in the trade instead of Green)

Hornets
Rondo/Jack/Moore
Belinelli/Bradley
Ariza/Pondexter
Green/Landry
Okafor/FA

Not bad at all, plus two 1st round picks

Celtics
CP/West
Ray
Pierce
KG/Johnson
JO

Assuming the Clippers are backing out of the race, this is between the Celtics and Jerry West. If CP then opts out after this season the only guys on our payroll would be Pierce,Johnson and a possible MLE signing and cap holds, leaving around 24 million in salaries and 34 million in capspace, if we use stretch exception on MLE signing we could be under 23 million to sign both CP and Dwight.

CP
Ray
Pierce
KG/Johnson
Howard

This team is much better than the one Jerry West is planning, his plan is only to screw the Celtics btw. And the Clippers hopefully backs out of the trade, they are even much better off with the Minny pick and their young core and they could be the best team in LA in two years tops.
 I wold even give them Glen Davis in a S&T, it' NOT about CP it's about HOWARD, it's HOWARD that is the prize.

I'm starting to think a deal could be reached without a 3rd team, especially if the warrior couldn't get Chandler. And if we had to take on Okafor or Ariza we could send either to a 3rd team under the cap.

Re: Suggested trade between Celtics/Hornets
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 04:20:29 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
the hornets aren't interested in taking on just rondo and green.  you need to get a 3rd team involved to make the deal more enticing for the hornets -- ideally involving players that could carry more of a scoring burden for them.

its important for all of us celtics fan who value rondo highly to recognize that fans and, it seems, GMs of other teams don't see Rondo as having a lot of value for a team without any go-to scoring options in place.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 08:09:00 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Understand what you're saying but which 3rd team could Ainge recruit that only wants okafors contract and the same time give up young talent just to get an aging center, And we only have Rondo to offer ? Pacers idea died very quickly the first day the rumour was out.

I hope it could be revived but if the Hornets couldn't reach a deal with the warriors or clippers maybe we don't need a 3rd team.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
lets simplify these trade ideas

Assuming Adrian Worjnarowski is correct and NO in reconsidering rondo as the centerpiece...
Rondo, Ray and JO (and a pick?) to NO
CP and Okafor to the celtics

works on the machine
works for both teams

NO gets a top 5 pg, 2 large expiring contracts and a mid first rounder (clips/wolves pick?)
Celtics get their pg and a dominant defensive center (IMO okafor is so much better then folks are saying).
fill out the roster with J rich, richard jefferson or similar and a back up center.
cp, west
J rich, west
pierce, green
KG, JJJ, ?
Okafor (who we and KG are gonna love), ??

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 10:24:07 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Assuming Adrian Worjnarowski is correct and NO in reconsidering rondo as the centerpiece...

works on the machine
works for both teams

NO gets a top 5 pg, 2 large expiring contracts and a mid first rounder (clips/wolves pick?)
Celtics get their pg and a dominant defensive center (IMO okafor is so much better then folks are saying).
fill out the roster with J rich, richard jefferson or similar and a back up center.
cp, west
J rich, west
pierce, green
KG, JJJ, ?

No way we trade Ray.  Rondo, JO and Green works for Cp3 and Okafor I assume we'd need to give them two first but it'd be well worth it to get those two.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

works on the machine
works for both teams

cp, west
J rich, west
pierce, green
KG, JJJ, ?

No way we trade Ray.  Rondo, JO and Green works for Cp3 and Okafor I assume we'd need to give them two first but it'd be well worth it to get those two.
I'm ok with that
with R Jefferson looking like an amnesty cut and j rich, maybe prince and others available
I think we could fill greens void.

but NO may want the cap room from allen's contract and considering how ainge is willing to shuffle the deck I wouldn't be surprised if he let allen go to get cp and solidify the center position.