Author Topic: Celtics Plan B: Rondo for Westbrook  (Read 7194 times)

Re: Celtics Plan B: Rondo for Westbrook
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 11:33:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Practically speaking, I think presti would want a lot more for westbrook than we'd be willing to give..on prinicpal alone anyways.

Plus, Sam presti is the chuck Norris of NBA GMs. You don't do a deal with presti unless you're greased up. Or, did we forget the beautiful haul Danny got for Perkins?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 11:40:20 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
rondo for cp3:

rondo for westbrook:

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 11:42:00 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Practically speaking, I think presti would want a lot more for westbrook than we'd be willing to give..on prinicpal alone anyways.

Plus, Sam presti is the chuck Norris of NBA GMs. You don't do a deal with presti unless you're greased up. Or, did we forget the beautiful haul Danny got for Perkins?

Rondo makes OKC better than Westbrook. The one clear advantage RW has over Rondo is scoring. Fortunately, OKC has the best pure scorer in the NBA already.

The offense they lose at PG is replaced by making all of OKC's starters more efficient.

I'd make OKC the favorites out West with Rondo.

Unless Presti doesn't like winning, I doubt he turns down trades on principle.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 11:45:08 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
It seems like Presti wants to keep his core together. Let them develop as a collective.

If he didn't, he could easily make Oklahoma the frontrunner for either Chris Paul or Dwight Howard ... but he is choosing to keep the faith with the guys he has already assembled. 

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 11:48:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Rajon rondo has proven to be very valuable....to the celtics. I doubt presti values rOndo as highly as we do, and thats why I doubt that trade would happen on a 1 to 1 basis.

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 11:58:34 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
It seems like Presti wants to keep his core together. Let them develop as a collective.

If he didn't, he could easily make Oklahoma the frontrunner for either Chris Paul or Dwight Howard ... but he is choosing to keep the faith with the guys he has already assembled. 

I don't buy it. After how the playoffs played out, I could see this turning into something like in Toronto with TMac and VC. Durant is definitely a team player, but I think Westbrook is a stathound ballhog. Maybe he won't go so far to demand a trade a la McGrady, but I could see him negatively impacting the chemistry of the team, especially in a contract year - which just happens to be this season.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 11:59:09 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

I kind of thought that before, but I had considered Green part of that core before he was traded away seemingly out of the blue (to me).
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 12:04:21 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Didn't Presti also give us Ray for Wally, Delonte and a draft pick?

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 12:56:33 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
If Presti was smart, he would move Westbrook for Rondo.

The ball needs to be distributed to Durant to score and to Harden to shoot.

Westbrook shooting more is only a detriment to his team.

Rondo would cure that illness and provide much more balance and improve the very good defense that OKC already has.

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 08:46:36 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
9 million a year for a really slow center that can't score. The only greasing up presti did on that deal was for himself. Chuck Norris GM...pfft...more like a poor man's van damme GM.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 08:55:08 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Not sure this would be a great impact for the Celtics .  Probally a wash , but not a championship gained for either team. Not the same impact CP3 could potientally have and the quality bigs that might sign with Boston if CP3 is here with Doc.

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 09:15:25 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I think plan B should be with the Warriors.  Sources said the Warriors offer for Paul would be built around Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson. I wouldn't mind trying to go get those two guys in return for Rondo.  I think Curry would really benefit playing with Allen and Pierce and the kid can definitely score.  If we're going to trade Rondo, I think that's the kind of trade we should be going after.  Get two younger guys who will give us more pieces to build around in the future.
do it

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 09:20:56 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Dont like it at all... Sure Westbrook can score but I like Rondo overall as a player more... He makes players better and can get them the ball in their spots which is incredibly underratted. Look at how Nash won his MVP's, by making players around him better.

Agree completely.  The Thunder should come hard after Rondo

Rondo, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Perkins

What a team.
Absolutely. They'd be incredible. Easily the best in the West.

I'd love to see them add Shane Battier as a sixth man to that squad too. That would be beautiful.
I see 3 relatively poor scorers (for starters) in that lineup.  Two players you can sag off of completely to help on Durant.  First off the bench is another poor scorer in Sefalosha?  I think this team would be good, but not incredible.  Durant has to carry a TON of the offensive workload.

Exactly. Looks good on paper but they would have some nasty scoring droughts.
There is no one in the paint that can score. Defense would be nasty but interior offense would be almost the worst in the league.
Best defensive team in the West, definitely not the best team in the West at all.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 09:22:53 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
9 million a year for a really slow center that can't score. The only greasing up presti did on that deal was for himself. Chuck Norris GM...pfft...more like a poor man's van damme GM.

Ha, our second round exit says maybe we needed Perkins a little more than we needed Krstic and Green.

Rondo's injury didn't exactly help either, but its not like we were winning the series when he went down.

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 10:00:03 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
No way. Rondo or Paul.

That's the list of pg's I would want for the Celtics.

Rondo is a pass first point guard who may have attitude problems. The last thing I want is a shoot first point guard who may have attitude problems.