Author Topic: Crazy trade idea: Rondo for Steph Curry and Biedrins  (Read 1240 times)

Crazy trade idea: Rondo for Steph Curry and Biedrins
« on: December 06, 2011, 07:57:32 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
File this under "dumb"... but I was browsing RealGM and some dude has a completely unsubstantiated fake trade rumor (I haven't visited RealGM for years, but it use to be a haven for fake trade rumors...  Actually, years ago in an effort to prove to that community how gullible and foolish they all were, I got myself permabanned for trolling them with completely ridiculous and blatantly insane unsubstantiated fake trade rumors... but that's another story)

Anyways... this guy's very fake trade rumor had the Celtics, Hornets and Warriors making a 3-way trade with
Chris Paul going to the Warriors
Rondo going to the Hornets and
Stephen Curry+Andris Biedrins going to Boston.

Obviously that makes almost no sense.  #1 - Hornets supposedly don't want Rondo.  And if they DID want Rondo, we'd be thrilled to give them Rondo for Chris Paul  #2 - Unless there is some drama going behind the scenes with Rondo we are unaware of... it defies all logic that we'd trade him for anything less than Chris Paul.

But since I'm bored.  Would any of you bite on a hypothetical, insane trade idea where Boston traded Rondo for Stephen Curry and Biedrins?

Pros:  Curry is the opposite of Rondo.  Not a real point guard, but he's an RIDICULOUSLY epic shooter.  2 years left on his rookie contract provide some flexibility
Cons:  Curry isn't a real point guard
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:03:15 AM by LarBrd33 »

Re: Crazy trade idea: Rondo for Steph Curry and Biedrins
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 08:08:38 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Since Curry is the player the Hornets supposedly covet, this trade makes no sense.  Every team gets the point guard they don't want.

I'd stick with Rondo over Curry, unless I could flip Curry for CP3.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 08:29:29 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Since Curry is the player the Hornets supposedly covet, this trade makes no sense.  Every team gets the point guard they don't want.
I agree... but on a scale of 1-10... how mad would you be if for some insane logic-defying reason we ended up trading Rondo for Curry and Biedrins? 

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 08:30:39 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
BAD IDEA

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 09:13:42 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

I'd stick with Rondo over Curry, unless I could flip Curry for CP3.

Yeah.  I think a 3 team trade with GS and NO would more likely involve Rondo going to GS, CP3 going to Boston, and Curry going to NO.  Klay Thompson, Okafor, Biedrins, Ariza, etc. could also possibly change teams.

The pitch to GS by BOS for that trade would be that they will have Rondo under contract for multiple years -- no need to gamble on CP3 signing an extension after the season.  The main hitch in that trade idea, I think, would be that Rondo and Monta Ellis would be an even worse fit in the backcourt than Curry and Ellis have been.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers