Author Topic: Al Jefferson for Ray Allen+Sheeds contract+clips 1st rounder?  (Read 2058 times)

Al Jefferson for Ray Allen+Sheeds contract+clips 1st rounder?
« on: December 05, 2011, 08:54:15 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Any chance Utah would do this? maybe they buy/amnesty Ray and he comes back to the Celts? Would love to see Jefferson back in green. Rondo, Jeff Green, and Jefferson would be a solid core for the future...
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Al Jefferson for Ray Allen+Sheeds contract+clips 1st rounder?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 08:55:59 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
they can't amnesty a player that is traded, and I can't see why they would want to do this deal anyway

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:00:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Three things:

1.  Sheed's contract is off the books, and can't be traded;

2.  While it's still up in the air, the most likely result is that players who are traded can't be amnestied; and

3.  Players who are traded and waived can't re-sign with their old teams for a year (or until July 1) under the new CBA.  The league closed that particular loophole.

In theory, if there was a situation where we could just trade the Clips #1 for Big Al, I would do it.  However, that's not a feasible scenario.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 09:08:55 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Three things:

2.  While it's still up in the air, the most likely result is that players who are traded can't be amnestied; and

3.  Players who are traded and waived can't re-sign with their old teams for a year (or until July 1) under the new CBA.  The league closed that particular loophole.

In theory, if there was a situation where we could just trade the Clips #1 for Big Al, I would do it.  However, that's not a feasible scenario.

Hmm to bad they closed that loophole... http://hoopshype.com/salaries/boston.htm still shows sheeds and shaqs contract on the books.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 09:11:47 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I think the only shot we have at Al is with Green.

It gives them a nice young player and it keeps our core together. Because while Big Al is potentially a nice player to build around, I think he has even more value this year as the guy who potentially propels us back to the top. We'd literally be unguardable and still have a top defense.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 09:12:59 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Three things:

Hmm to bad they closed that loophole... http://hoopshype.com/salaries/boston.htm still shows sheeds and shaqs contract on the books.

Hoopshype is a terrible site for contract info.

Use http://www.shamsports.com instead, or even better, use this site:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0AodNvAy3ZYZmdGRZX0VjeC1wdC1GeTd4dDJKZGZvVVE&hl=en_US&gid=4

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes