Author Topic: Tim Thomas  (Read 8715 times)

Tim Thomas
« on: December 05, 2011, 08:46:49 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
is putting on a clinic right now....

Killed off two 5 on 3's. He looks like hes in an absolute zone right now.

Re: Tim Thomas
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 08:50:30 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Funny...  There hasn't been a Bruins post in weeks, and we just started two threads within minutes of each other.

Thomas is a stud.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:13:36 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I was hoping this was a Bruins thread and not a post about bringing in the basketball Tim Thomas.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 11:06:36 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Thomas is fantastic, and so is Tuuka. The reason everyone here doesn't think Tuuka is all that amazing is because the Bruins have the #1 goalie in the world right now in Tim Thomas. Rask has  the 3rd lowest GAA in the NHL right now, and should be are starter in 3 years once Thomas' production drops off due to age.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 12:18:15 AM »

Offline nicknorman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
Not sure if anyone mentioned this anyway, but thought it was interesting that Tim decided to make a political statement on refusing to visit the White House.

Thomas said in a statement:

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

I guess he has right to opinion, but just don't see why he had to overshadow his teammates on such a memorable day.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 12:21:57 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Not sure if anyone mentioned this anyway, but thought it was interesting that Tim decided to make a political statement on refusing to visit the White House.

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

I guess he has right to opinion, but just don't see why he had to overshadow his teammates on such a memorable day.

Pretty danged refreshing statement if you ask me.  Quite matter of factly put.  Admirable.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 12:23:28 AM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Pretty danged refreshing statement if you ask me.  Quite matter of factly put.  Admirable.
Selfish. This was the team's day, and Thomas put himself ahead of his team. Poor form.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 12:33:02 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

As discussed here, I think Tim Thomas is a great hockey player, but this was a profoundly stupid thing for him to do, and a selfish one at that.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/7495441/tim-thomas-picked-wrong-time-make-statement

He's a professional athlete, I don't care in the slightest what he thinks of the government.  If the President of the United States invites you to the White House, you better show up in suit and tie and address him as Mr. President.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 12:37:10 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Good for him for that statement. If just a few people see their hero being a true American and re-think things, it will have been a success.

I've seen some people call him selfish, and I can see that argument, but he's taking away from a visit to the White House that gets 20 seconds of coverage anyways. My only recollection of our guys visiting the White House is that a cool picture came out of the Big 4 in serious suits.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 12:40:15 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Good for him for that statement. If just a few people see their hero being a true American and re-think things, it will have been a success.

Being a true American:

Snubbing the President when he does you the courtesy of taking the time out of his busy schedule running the country to do a photo-op with you at the White House and citing vague, whole-sale dissatisfaction with the entire U.S. government.

Yeah.  Okay.

To me it just says "I think I'm way more important than I am and people should care what I think about stuff that has nothing to do with why anybody pays attention to me."
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 01:36:19 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I thought the whole thing was in poor taste, simply for the fact that it tarnishes the experience for his teammates unnecessarily. He has an opportunity to make a statement at any point in time, so choosing this particular moment is simply selfish and rude to all involved.

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 08:46:32 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Tim Thomas is almost as awesome as Tim Tebow and may overtake him as world's awesomest Tim if Tebow dates Jenny McCarthy....there...I said it.  Said it early Sat morn when few posters were around