Author Topic: Celtics/Nets trade idea  (Read 4069 times)

Celtics/Nets trade idea
« on: December 03, 2011, 08:47:08 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If CP3 doesn't work out, how about Ray and Rondo for Deron Williams and Anthony Morrow?

Provided D-Will signs an extension with Boston.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:27:00 PM by IndeedProceed »

Re: Celtics/Nets trade
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 08:54:05 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
why would the Nets trade Deron Williams?

just because he's not going to sign an extension right now doesn't mean he wouldn't be interested in signing a new long term deal with them at the end of the season. 
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 08:06:44 AM »

Offline TaxiDriver2500

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
  • A Legend in his own mind..

just because he's not going to sign an extension right now doesn't mean he wouldn't be interested in signing a new long term deal with them at the end of the season. 
All the GM's are probably worried that their stud player is going to pull the Carmelo/Lebron trick where it comes down to the 11th hour and you either trade them for nickels on the dollar with the team of their choosing, or they walk via FA.

I say, get a backbone NBA, counter this strategy, Eliminate Trade exemptions!!!!
Too much coffee and Gatorade. It's a hell of a mix. If you're ever tired in the morning, just try that mix, and tell me what you think. -Kevin Garnett

"My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the f***ing truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this."

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 08:33:08 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Because Rondo can't leave if they do trade him.
If they are unsure of Derons plans then ship him to Boston where he might rather play for a more established team.
Boston gets a great PG on an extension and the Nets get a great PG who can't leave even if he wants to.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:37:06 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
To me, these type of trades make no sense! You guys would rather have a point guard of equal value (actually RR has more value because of how he KNOWS the system D&O) for one season, rather than a guy who is locked in like someone in jail for hella cheap??????? In what realm does this and the CP3 over RR trade make sense? That's like saying, trade me your cookie for my cookie, sure they are practically the same but when we do trade, you can only smell my cookie and look at it but after that my buddy will take it and eat it... deal? Sure that means you are left with nothing, but hey, at least you got to smell and look at my cookie, right?!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 12:48:03 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
To me, these type of trades make no sense! You guys would rather have a point guard of equal value (actually RR has more value because of how he KNOWS the system D&O) for one season, rather than a guy who is locked in like someone in jail for hella cheap??????? In what realm does this and the CP3 over RR trade make sense? That's like saying, trade me your cookie for my cookie, sure they are practically the same but when we do trade, you can only smell my cookie and look at it but after that my buddy will take it and eat it... deal? Sure that means you are left with nothing, but hey, at least you got to smell and look at my cookie, right?!

Nice post, I think a lot of people see the name "superstar" glazed on to that cookie and think it's the most magically delicious cookie ever.  They've been eating their own cookie for years now and are basically getting tired of it.  They are willing to take a chance on that other cookie even if it's not really a higher quality cookie, is way more expensive, and they might not even get a chance to eat it.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Nice post, I think a lot of people see the name "superstar" glazed on to that cookie and think it's the most magically delicious cookie ever.
In the NBA, often times, superstars really are the most magically delicious cookies ever.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Nice post, I think a lot of people see the name "superstar" glazed on to that cookie and think it's the most magically delicious cookie ever.
In the NBA, often times, superstars really are the most magically delicious cookies ever.

I think you could easily argue that Rajon Rondo (#3 most popular jersey in the league) has become more of a "superstar" in peoples eyes than Deron Williams (never in the top 15 jersey sales) at this point.  The reason people consider these trades, is because "superstar" or not, CP3 and Deron are seen as flat out better players.

Re: Celtics/Nets trade idea
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 02:14:08 PM »

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
We give the best pointguard in the game and the best three point shooter in the world's history for some PG who's good at times, but at times also makes a legendary NBA coach retire, and a 3rd grade SG who gets annoying for hitting a few threes?

TRADE GARNETT AND PIERCE FOR LOPEZ, TOO!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 03:13:02 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I think you could easily argue that Rajon Rondo (#3 most popular jersey in the league) has become more of a "superstar" in peoples eyes than Deron Williams (never in the top 15 jersey sales) at this point.  The reason people consider these trades, is because "superstar" or not, CP3 and Deron are seen as flat out better players.

Since when do jersey sales determine who the better player is? If that were the case, then Brian Scalabrine would be better than Kobe Bryant.

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 03:24:39 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

All the GM's are probably worried that their stud player is going to pull the Carmelo/Lebron trick where it comes down to the 11th hour and you either trade them for nickels on the dollar with the team of their choosing, or they walk via FA.

I say, get a backbone NBA, counter this strategy, Eliminate Trade exemptions!!!!

They need to make a rule where Bird rights aren't carried over if player is already in the final year of the deal.