Author Topic: Sherrod Blakley: Keep an eye out for Oj Mayo  (Read 6676 times)

Re: Sherrod Blakley: Keep an eye out for Oj Mayo
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 08:10:33 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
well Tony Allen is a nutcase anyways, don't think OJ will act up if he was here

Not that this has anything to do with actual basketball, but, TA beat him for not paying his poker (or some other card game) debt.

You can say what you want about gambling, but, not paying a debt is pretty scummy.  Tells you what type of guy OJ is.  Don't want him near the C's.

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 08:12:06 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
well Tony Allen is a nutcase anyways, don't think OJ will act up if he was here

He's also a ball stopper offensively, not tremendously good defensively and moving him to the deep bench is what shifted Memphis into Beast Mode.

Oh now... Don't be selective in memory - he became very important for them in the playoffs, and was often on the court in crunch time. It's not like he was towel waving and only had garbage minutes.

He's a really good offensive player, can beat defenders off the dribble and can create his own shot when needed. That's exactly the type of player we need. Can we get him? I'm not saying it's impossible but I don't see it happening.

Believe me when i tell you that I'm the biggest Grizz fan on this blog. OJ got hot in the playoffs, but he still stopped the ball a ton and got burned over and over by Westbrook/Harden. Some of this was mitigated by how hot he got in some games, but it was still the same stuff that got him put behind TA/Sam Young/ Battier, hell even behind Vasquez for a lot of the regular season.

And with Rudy coming back this season, OJ is definitely gettable.

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 08:18:34 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
OJ Mayo is undersized, inconsistent, and a black hole.....PASS

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 08:52:08 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Maybe because he went from starter to Bench warmer

He wasnt in favor last season with Memphis, They have been shopping him for about 2 years now

Ive always said he would be great in Green + White because Ray Allen is getting old

He would be a nice addition -- more youth and athleticism, and the heir to Ray Allen. I'm curious, though: why were his numbers way down last year? Injury?

His numbers were down because Tony Allen beat him up, took his money, and then took his starting spot (seriously).

No way do I want OJ Mayo on the C's.  He is a loser.  Plain and simple.

Thanks, guys. A TP for each of you.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 08:57:59 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
if we can get him for giving up little, I would take him. he has expressed interest in playing with Rondo.

besides size, we need scoring from the bench and Youth on our roster...Mayo provides both. he can create his own shot.

if you have OJ Mayo/J.Green you could definitely keep Ray allen/Pierce healthy for the playoffs

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 09:39:52 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I'd love to see Mayo in Green. I think he'd be a great running mate for Rondo. He's coming off a bad season, but if you look at the two seasons prior it's pretty clear the kid can ball. I'd like to see what playing with Rondo and under Doc could do for his game.

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 09:42:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I would think that if we do get Mayo then Bradley would be expendable. Maybe we can ship him to memphis along with Davis for Mayo.

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2011, 10:41:21 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I don't really think this is based on anything other than speculation / a fluff answer to appease a fan on twitter.
Im not sure what was said as the link dont even work....but Sherrod does this all the time sometimes I wonder why he even answers a lot of dumb questions he's asked. He always gives the most obvious recycled answers too. lol

Here's his answer:

He's definitely one to keep an eye on. RT @MWooD20: @SherrodbCSN Do the celtics have any interest in O.J Mayo?

It sounds like a Magic Eight Ball answer.

Someone should tweet Sherrod to see if this is just speculation/ fluff...  I have a twitter account that I use for looking up NBA and other sports rumors and will tweet him, but someone with a legit account should too.  TP if you do and get a response.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 10:53:08 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I could see trading Big Baby (S&T) and our own 1st rounder for Mayo. Then offer the mini-MLE to Chuck Hayes to replace Baby, and re-sign Green and West.

Rondo / West
Allen / Mayo / West
Pierce / Green / Mayo
Garnett / Hayes / Johnson
O'Neal / Hayes

I'd still like another center, but West / Mayo / Green / Hayes IMO is a pretty good bench, and every one of those guys can legitimately play 2 positions depending on matchups, and could handle some starts.

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 10:58:11 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I don't really think this is based on anything other than speculation / a fluff answer to appease a fan on twitter.
Im not sure what was said as the link dont even work....but Sherrod does this all the time sometimes I wonder why he even answers a lot of dumb questions he's asked. He always gives the most obvious recycled answers too. lol

Here's his answer:

He's definitely one to keep an eye on. RT @MWooD20: @SherrodbCSN Do the celtics have any interest in O.J Mayo?

It sounds like a Magic Eight Ball answer.

Someone should tweet Sherrod to see if this is just speculation/ fluff...  I have a twitter account that I use for looking up NBA and other sports rumors and will tweet him, but someone with a legit account should too.  TP if you do and get a response.

No need to tweet him.  I have been following Sherrod, and feel pretty confidently that is just his own speculation.  Sherrod ussually makes it pretty clear when he is breaking inside info.  The vast majority of his tweets are just his own speculation.

I could see trading Big Baby (S&T) and our own 1st rounder for Mayo. Then offer the mini-MLE to Chuck Hayes to replace Baby, and re-sign Green and West.

Rondo / West
Allen / Mayo / West
Pierce / Green / Mayo
Garnett / Hayes / Johnson
O'Neal / Hayes

I'd still like another center, but West / Mayo / Green / Hayes IMO is a pretty good bench, and every one of those guys can legitimately play 2 positions depending on matchups, and could handle some starts.

Unfortunately, Memphis has no need for a guy like Davis.  They are determined to keep Gasol, they already have Randolph, and they have a very solid backup PF (I forget his name...the kid from Kansas). 

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 11:18:15 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Unfortunately, Memphis has no need for a guy like Davis.  They are determined to keep Gasol, they already have Randolph, and they have a very solid backup PF (I forget his name...the kid from Kansas). 

Darrell Arthur - good call I forgot about him. Baby's ability to play the 5 might help since right now they have zero centers on the roster (pending Gasol resolution), but you're right they probably don't need 3 PFs.

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 11:35:04 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Darrell Arthur - good call I forgot about him. Baby's ability to play the 5 might help since right now they have zero centers on the roster (pending Gasol resolution), but you're right they probably don't need 3 PFs.

YO! Don't sleep on Hammed Haddadi!

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2011, 12:34:07 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
wow, been a while since i've posted on here. all the negotiations and lockout talk had me rolling me eyes to the point that i couldn't stomach it anymore. ANYWAY, back on topic. I would be interested in seeing Mayo end up here. I think he can be solid. Wouldn't want to give up a 1st round pick for him though.

i mean, after all, OJ is a grizzly bench warmer. he shouldn't be worth too much.
- LilRip