Author Topic: Sherrod Blakley: Keep an eye out for Oj Mayo  (Read 6674 times)

Sherrod Blakley: Keep an eye out for Oj Mayo
« on: December 03, 2011, 05:39:02 PM »

Offline MF Doom

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
http://twitter.com/#!/SherrodbCSN/status/142970827464388608

Sounds like nothing more than mere speculation. I do think he'd be a decent bridge player to replace Ray though. Would a package of our Clippers Pick and sign and trade bbd suffice?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:39:42 AM by Kiorrik »

Re: Sherrod Blakley: Keep an eye out for Oj Mayo
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 05:47:49 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
He would be a nice addition -- more youth and athleticism, and the heir to Ray Allen. I'm curious, though: why were his numbers way down last year? Injury?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 05:49:36 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
http://twitter.com/#!/SherrodbCSN/status/142970827464388608

Sounds like nothing more than mere speculation. I do think he'd be a decent bridge player to replace Ray though. Would a package of our Clippers Pick and sign and trade bbd suffice?

I would hope that we don't need to include the clippers pick to get Mayo. I think the pick can eventually get us a better player. BBD sign and trade should be enough.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 05:54:21 PM »

Offline Liam W

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
He would be a nice addition -- more youth and athleticism, and the heir to Ray Allen. I'm curious, though: why were his numbers way down last year? Injury?
Maybe because he went from starter to Bench warmer

He wasnt in favor last season with Memphis, They have been shopping him for about 2 years now

Ive always said he would be great in Green + White because Ray Allen is getting old

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 05:55:03 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

His numbers were down because Tony Allen beat him up, took his money, and then took his starting spot (seriously).

No way do I want OJ Mayo on the C's.  He is a loser.  Plain and simple.

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 06:11:26 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
S+T davis and non-clip pick for Mayo and Darrell Arthur

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 06:13:29 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

His numbers were down because Tony Allen beat him up, took his money, and then took his starting spot (seriously).

yes, TA accomplished his mission in Memphis, now we just have to do our part to complete it by acquiring Mayo on the cheap

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 06:23:11 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't really think this is based on anything other than speculation / a fluff answer to appease a fan on twitter.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 06:25:51 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

yes, TA accomplished his mission in Memphis, now we just have to do our part to complete it by acquiring Mayo on the cheap

Do you honestly think Mayo would fit in here.  Dude is a cancer.  If TA beat him up, what is KG gonna do to him.

Just keep Ray and re-sign Delonte.

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 06:55:02 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I don't really think this is based on anything other than speculation / a fluff answer to appease a fan on twitter.
Im not sure what was said as the link dont even work....but Sherrod does this all the time sometimes I wonder why he even answers a lot of dumb questions he's asked. He always gives the most obvious recycled answers too. lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 07:02:19 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Im not sure what was said as the link dont even work....but Sherrod does this all the time sometimes I wonder why he even answers a lot of dumb questions he's asked. He always gives the most obvious recycled answers too. lol

Here's his answer:

He's definitely one to keep an eye on. RT @MWooD20: @SherrodbCSN Do the celtics have any interest in O.J Mayo?

It sounds like a Magic Eight Ball answer.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 07:19:26 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Here's his answer:

He's definitely one to keep an eye on. RT @MWooD20: @SherrodbCSN Do the celtics have any interest in O.J Mayo?

It sounds like a Magic Eight Ball answer.
Haha ahh I see now exactly wouldn't make anything out of this
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 07:35:53 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
well Tony Allen is a nutcase anyways, don't think OJ will act up if he was here

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 07:53:36 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

He's also a ball stopper offensively, not tremendously good defensively and moving him to the deep bench is what shifted Memphis into Beast Mode.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 07:58:17 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He's also a ball stopper offensively, not tremendously good defensively and moving him to the deep bench is what shifted Memphis into Beast Mode.

Oh now... Don't be selective in memory - he became very important for them in the playoffs, and was often on the court in crunch time. It's not like he was towel waving and only had garbage minutes.

He's a really good offensive player, can beat defenders off the dribble and can create his own shot when needed. That's exactly the type of player we need. Can we get him? I'm not saying it's impossible but I don't see it happening.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman