Author Topic: Celtics should try to bring Big Al Jefferson, now is the moment Danny.  (Read 24980 times)

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I think Big Al should return to Celtics and Ainge should try this. The Jazz have Big Al in the market and now is the time.

Big Al is unique and an all star, give us a very good quality jump, Dwight Howard wants to go to the Lakers, and we need a center of guarantees.

FRONT COURT: Big Al + KG

This would be wonderful.

Danny now is the time.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

Re: Celtics should try to bring Big Al Jefferson, now is the moment Danny.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 01:04:26 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
adding a scoring machine to starting lineup would be phenomenon.

BUT HOW?? Who do you trade?

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 01:08:06 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

S/T Jeff Green to Utah along with the Clippers 1st?

You'd have to throw some more salary too...

maybe you could get a third team to throw in a trade exception for a Glen Davis s/t?

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 01:09:07 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

It is difficult but not impossible, Danny should explore options for Big Al

Rondo Ray + + + KG + The Truth Big Al Wooooooooooooooooooo

This would be wonderful, this starting lineup is simply spectacular.

Maybe Big Baby with a sign & trade?

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 01:19:29 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'm not sure you have to give up the Clippers first to net Big Al.

I reckon Big Al's trade value is still pretty low. Similar to last season when all Minnesota could get was a trade exception and two future firsts. I wouldn't be surprised if Danny could net Big Al for a similar offer = Jeff Green + two heavily protected future firsts.

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 01:22:14 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

I reckon Big Al's trade value is still pretty low. Similar to last season when all Minnesota could get was a trade exception and two future firsts. I wouldn't be surprised if Danny could net Big Al for a similar offer = Jeff Green + two heavily protected future firsts.

I'd be all for it.  And everyone would be happy, since we essentially would've traded Perk for Big Al. 

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 01:25:36 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

I'd be all for it.  And everyone would be happy, since we essentially would've traded Perk for Big Al. 

Building around Rondo and Big Al makes more sense, than Rondo and Jeff Green

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 02:01:57 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Does anyone have any stats on Al's defensive production last year?

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 02:05:26 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

maybe you could get a third team to throw in a trade exception for a Glen Davis s/t?

not sure we'd even have to give them that much.  jeff green might be enough.  utah doesn't need big al with their logjam of young bigs, and i don't think his value is super high atm, despite the fact that he averaged nearly 20/10/2 last season with 20 PER (All-Star numbers).

i think Big Al could be a great addition to this team, assuming of course he stays healthy.  he fills the biggest hole our team has right now -- inside scoring.  if we could manage to pull off a trade for CP3 as well, we would be the best team in the east.

i think adding Big Al could make the kind of difference for the Celtics that adding Zach Randolph made for the Grizzlies.  say what you want about his defense, but the dude can flat out score inside, and there are very few players in the league who can do that at his level.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 02:09:42 PM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
as long as it does not break up the core 4 i have no problem with any trade

maybe big baby & avery bradley + future first round pick for AL

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 02:12:35 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
This would be a dream but I think realistically it's a stretch.

But they do have a lot of bigs and not many wing men so Green + J.O. might do it.  Simmons reported that the new deal allows trades to match to 150% instead of 125%.  So if the C's just made the numbers work to the point the Jazz save a lot of money and maybe an extra draft pick it might be worth it for them.

I like Green but I think it would be easier to find a cheap replacement for his position than a big man replacement.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 02:35:07 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Like this line of thought, but not the idea of loosing someone as versatile as Green. Big Al would be great; but the cost might be too high. Why do you think they got rid of Perk - because they knew they couldn't afford to keep him. The C's are trying to find complementary players to fit around the big 4. Green may be expendable, but not if you need two players to replace him. Green can sub for PP and KG. He will see more minutes once he knows the system better.

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 03:11:35 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Like this line of thought, but not the idea of loosing someone as versatile as Green. Big Al would be great; but the cost might be too high. Why do you think they got rid of Perk - because they knew they couldn't afford to keep him. The C's are trying to find complementary players to fit around the big 4. Green may be expendable, but not if you need two players to replace him. Green can sub for PP and KG. He will see more minutes once he knows the system better.

if anything, green is a guy we can't afford.  he's a solid starter at best, yet he'll probably want 8-10 million a year if we want to keep him long term.  as for competing right now, green gives our team depth but doesn't provide anything our starters don't already give us other than youth and athleticism.

big al, on the other hand, is a proven 20-10 caliber big man who can be a top offensive weapon (though not a legit #1 option), particularly inside -- which is something this team absolutely doesn't have.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 03:14:05 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

not sure we'd even have to give them that much.  jeff green might be enough.  utah doesn't need big al with their logjam of young bigs, and i don't think his value is super high atm, despite the fact that he averaged nearly 20/10/2 last season with 20 PER (All-Star numbers).

i think Big Al could be a great addition to this team, assuming of course he stays healthy.  he fills the biggest hole our team has right now -- inside scoring.  if we could manage to pull off a trade for CP3 as well, we would be the best team in the east.

i think adding Big Al could make the kind of difference for the Celtics that adding Zach Randolph made for the Grizzlies.  say what you want about his defense, but the dude can flat out score inside, and there are very few players in the league who can do that at his level.

I'm sure they'd do it for just Jeff Green, but Green isn't worth 16 Mil... so the salaries don't match.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 03:24:05 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

That would of course be conditional on Utah desiring Jeff Green.

Big Al would benefit tremendously from KG at both ends.  His defensive deficiencies covered, his offensive game purified.  He's been drifting out to the perimeter on these big man-starved, bad to mediocre teams.  Just not his strength.  He's still a great shot creator/shot maker in the paint.

Just hard to see him being worth his weight in cap space when KG retires.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri