Author Topic: Wishful thinking about the CP3 / D12 / Deron situations  (Read 18553 times)

Re: Wishful thinking about the CP3 / D12 / Deron situations
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2011, 02:42:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I dunno. This whole topic is a little too far-fetched to generate this much discussion IMO. There's no evidence that Howard wouldn't want to play with Rondo, there's no evidence that the Celts have ever had trouble recruiting free agents with him on the team, in fact I don't think I've heard of any players ever saying (or intimating) that they didn't want to play with the Celts because of Rondo.

No, that's fair. I think its a completely one sided thing, in that there is no sign positive or negative that Rajon Rondo's presence on a team would aid or hinder the courting of Dwight Howard as a Celtic.

However, there are positive signs that Chris Paul would aid in acquiring Dwight Howard. That's pretty much the gist of it.

Which is a far cry from Howard jumping on to the Celts if Howard were hear and refusing to consider it with Rondo on the team, which was being claimed as a likelihood.

I'm not sure either one is being claimed by many (at least not by me in the previous conversation we were having). I do think Howard ain't coming without CP3, but I think even with CP3 its still a bit of a pipe dream. Its not that i think Rondo will dissuade Howard from coming, I just don't think he'll be incentive enough.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2011, 02:54:56 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I dunno. This whole topic is a little too far-fetched to generate this much discussion IMO. There's no evidence that Howard wouldn't want to play with Rondo, there's no evidence that the Celts have ever had trouble recruiting free agents with him on the team, in fact I don't think I've heard of any players ever saying (or intimating) that they didn't want to play with the Celts because of Rondo.

No, that's fair. I think its a completely one sided thing, in that there is no sign positive or negative that Rajon Rondo's presence on a team would aid or hinder the courting of Dwight Howard as a Celtic.

However, there are positive signs that Chris Paul would aid in acquiring Dwight Howard. That's pretty much the gist of it.

Which is a far cry from Howard jumping on to the Celts if Howard were hear and refusing to consider it with Rondo on the team, which was being claimed as a likelihood.

I'm not sure either one is being claimed by many (at least not by me in the previous conversation we were having). I do think Howard ain't coming without CP3, but I think even with CP3 its still a bit of a pipe dream. Its not that i think Rondo will dissuade Howard from coming, I just don't think he'll be incentive enough.

I just don't see one as being much more likely than the other. Team Howard with Rondo and Dwight would likely get the MVP. and I think that Dwight's pretty interested in things like that.

« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I just don't see one as being much more likely than the other. Team Howard with Rondo and Dwight would likely get the MVP. and I think that Dwight's pretty interested in things like that.

The problem is we don't get DH without giving up Rondo.

DH will not sign as a free agent with any team other than the one who has him at the end of the season.

He loses $30 mil if he does.

« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2011, 04:39:29 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

The problem is we don't get DH without giving up Rondo.

DH will not sign as a free agent with any team other than the one who has him at the end of the season.

He loses $30 mil if he does.

If that's the case, then Orlando won't trade him and will just re-sign him next summer.