Author Topic: 2 Rondo + BBD ideas  (Read 1170 times)

2 Rondo + BBD ideas
« on: December 02, 2011, 08:10:43 AM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
take it for what it is if donney is right and Rondo is wearing his welcome then the following could also be possible trade ideas.

Celtics  Rondo+s&t davis
        for
Utah    Harris,Milsap, Gordon Hayward and or draft pick

Utah would get better at pg and davis takes milsaps role off the bench

Celtics could play milsap at 4/5 have a solid pg and a piece for the future.

Celtics  Rondo+BBD
     for
Denver   Lawson+s&t NENE+pick(they have 2 this year from melo deal)

Denver gets 2 proven guys to start for them this season, rondo being there new face of franchise

Celtics get the Center they need and a young PG along with another pick in this years deep draft
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: 2 Rondo + BBD ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 08:20:44 AM »

Offline CelticsFanNC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
  I would consider option #2 but would Denver?  Does anybody really want Glen Davis especially after Jackie Mac spilled the beans on him not meeting the weight clause in his contract over and over again last season, his selfish attitude and his implosion in last years playoffs?

To me that is clear evidence of what I have thought about Big Fatty for a few years now.  Once he gets paid to the point where he is content he will eat himself out of NBA shape like many others have done in the past.

Option #1 I wouldn't consider because Harris is over rated and his defense is pitiful.  Harris' inability to stay in front of anyone would put a huge strain on our team defense and KG can no longer cover that up.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 08:39:11 AM by CelticsFanNC »

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 08:22:13 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I don't like the Utah trade. I think it takes Boston out of contention and places them firmly in the second tier in the East.

The Nuggets trade is more interesting because of Nene's size ... but still, I think it's a step back for the Celtics. Both in the immediate sense and for rebuilding (much rather build around Rondo).

I would want more top level talent in return for Rondo. A perennial All-Star caliber player in addition to other quality assets (quality starter material) or a legitimate top ten player. Something more like that.

Someone mentioned the saying something along the lines of "NBA is about quality over quantity" and that is how I feel. I think Rondo brings the most quality to the table and that if Boston were to part ways with him they need genuine top level quality in return ... and that these two deals are geared more towards quantity.

Utah offering up arguably a top 15 PG + top 15 PF, Denver arguably a top 10 center and top 25 PG. Rondo being a top 5 PG. I'd rather have Rondo and sign a big man with the MLE. I think that is a better package.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 09:09:46 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
There's absolutely no way Denver would even consider that trade...and what is Boston really getting for the trade to Utah?  An undersized 4, a mediocre point guard, and Gordon Heyward, a guy who hasn't proven anything in the NBA.

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 09:28:08 AM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
why doesnt denver make that trade? They are going to lose nene either way, rondo is the best player in the deal and the new face of there franchise, and bbd will be there starting pf while they grow there young team. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 09:31:16 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
That Denver trade idea just occurred to me, too, so obviously I'd be intrigued by it.

If we were trading with Utah, I would expect to get back Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap.  Any Rondo trade that doesn't net us CP3 needs to get us a very significant front-court upgrade. 

That's why I'd consider the Denver trade, because I think it might make us better this year.  A trade for Devin Harris + Al Jefferson probably wouldn't, but I'm not sure.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 09:34:14 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

The Nuggets trade is more interesting because of Nene's size ... but still, I think it's a step back for the Celtics. Both in the immediate sense and for rebuilding (much rather build around Rondo).

I would want more top level talent in return for Rondo. A perennial All-Star caliber player in addition to other quality assets (quality starter material) or a legitimate top ten player. Something more like that.

Someone mentioned the saying something along the lines of "NBA is about quality over quantity" and that is how I feel.

Almost always I would agree with you.  In the NBA you almost always want to be getting the best player in the trade. 

However, I think one exception would be the situation we have now, where our team has no legitimate starting center, and we desperately need scoring, rebounding, and tough defense inside.  Given that, I think trading Rondo for a talented, electric, but admittedly lower caliber point guard and a borderline All-Star center (by the West's weak standards) could very well be worth it.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers