Author Topic: T.J. Ford anyone?  (Read 2846 times)

T.J. Ford anyone?
« on: December 02, 2011, 03:14:43 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
he‘s a free agent and i can‘t think of any better fit for our back up PG. Do we have enough cash to get him? he is basicly Rondo with range, a great guy as well, never heard anything bad about him. In a game of euroleague in 12 min he got 10 asists, in NBA terms it‘s like 16-18
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Re: T.J. Ford anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 05:36:52 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'm not sure about two things
  • How well TJ Ford would play with only 10-12mpg -- strikes me as a guy who needs 25+ minutes a night to play his best basketball. I don't think he'd be comfortable (from a basketball perspective) with the low amount of minutes he'd receive here. Needs more minutes to be consistent.
  • TJ was lousy last year for Indiana. Well below where he was the two years prior. What level of performance could we expect out of him?
  • How is he physically? Did injuries play a role in his loss of form? Has he lost any quickness? Because as an undersized PG with a dodgy jumper ... he is very reliant on that explosive quickness.
I didn't see him enough last year to know the answer to the last two points ... so if anyone else can comment on that, it'd be appreciated.

I liked TJ Ford a great deal when he was with the Raptors. If he is still capable of playing at a good level, I'd be very happy to have him here.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 06:56:36 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
MY only problem is if his chemistry will gell with the fellas.... he is know to be a punk!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 07:26:20 AM »

Offline kn 99

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
While T.J Ford might be a better player now I would rather give the backup pg minutes to Avery Bradley. Rondos only gonna be out of games for about 10 minutes a night so I don't Bradley can mess things up too bad

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 08:03:39 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He's supposed to be a head case, but he's far better than Arroyo was.  I'd be interested.

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I would prefer Delonte West and Avery Bradley to split the backup PG minutes.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 10:36:37 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I liked TJ Ford's talent when he was younger but he had some really nasty back injuries that robbed him of some explosiveness.

He doesnt have a jumper to make up for it.

This is actually what worries me about keeping Rondo as a building block post big 3...

Also, euroleague is good competition where they play team basketball.

Him getting 10 assists in one game there might be equal to 5 in the NBA...

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 12:10:13 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
He's supposed to be a head case, but he's far better than Arroyo was.  I'd be interested.
where did you hear that, in Zagreb he spent like 10 days and everybody loved him, and he said if he's ever getting back to europe, Zagreb is the only option
I liked TJ Ford's talent when he was younger but he had some really nasty back injuries that robbed him of some explosiveness.

This is actually what worries me about keeping Rondo as a building block post big 3...

dude...seriously?? in NBA they give out assists free in compare to Europe
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 12:18:13 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
where did you hear that, in Zagreb he spent like 10 days and everybody loved him, and he said if he's ever getting back to europe, Zagreb is the only option

dude...seriously?? in NBA they give out assists free in compare to Europe

;D ;D Sorry I misunderstood your comment. I thought you were commenting on the quality of play. Im not familiar with how the euroleague scores assists but you are right about how the NBA does it!

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 12:20:56 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen

10 days is an awfully short evaluation period. There were plenty of reports of his attitude problems in his years in the NBA. He may have grown up though.

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 12:32:21 PM »

Offline Liam W

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Yes

I wouldnt mind him for MLE. I would prefer West as he knows our system already, But Ford would be a decent backup option

Maybe Arroyo for 3rd string

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 01:57:37 PM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
I have watched two Ford's games he played in Croatia. He was quick, constantly finding open man. And i would say 10 asist in Euroleague game (which is 40 and not 48 minutes) is more 15 then 5 NBA asist. I would be thrilled if TJ came to Bos, but only as vetmin guy cause we must spend our 3milMLE for some frontcourt beef.
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 02:25:22 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I think and he and Delonte would be a solid backup backcourt. Tj's shot has definitely improved since he got in the NBA. He is definitely a pass first guy who can run an offense. He would be better then Arroyo. For the vet. min, I would like it. I wish we would have gotten him instead of Arroyo last year.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 02:36:51 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
And i would say 10 asist in Euroleague game (which is 40 and not 48 minutes) is more 15 then 5 NBA asist.
No, it isn't. The length of the games doesn't really matter playing 30 minutes in a 40-minute game is exactly the same as playing 30 minutes in a 48-minute game. Also, the level of defense played in any European league cannot begin to come close to what NBA teams put out.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."