Author Topic: Rajon Rondo for Stephen Curry. Discuss.  (Read 1851 times)

Rajon Rondo for Stephen Curry. Discuss.
« on: December 02, 2011, 01:20:15 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
The Warriors have shown interest in trading for Chris Paul in the past. They have a solid core of young guys they would be willing to trade for a point guard of Chris Pauls caliber. I wouldnt be surprised if the Horntets accepted an offer, something along the lines of Curry and Biedrins straight up for Chris Paul if it were offered

If the Warriors really want a point guard Isn't it smarter for them to go after a guy like Rajon Rondo, who has proven he's a top 5 point guard in this league (Silence, Haters) and is not going to play one year and bail? No one really thinks Chris Paul would sign an extension with the Warriors and not the celtics, right? If the Warriors are going for a point guard i feel like Rajon Rondo could be a godsend to that team. He doesnt have to be the center piece of the future but he'd be a fine talent to have in the core because of everything he does out on the court. Not to mention he is in a more than reasonable contract for a player of his caliber.

The trade could be something like:

Boston recieves: Stephen Curry, Andris Biedrins, Louis Amundson

Golden State recieves: Rajon Rondo, Glen Davis (S & T)

Not shabby for either team. Golden State gets their point guard of the future and a proven sixth man in Glen Davis. Celtics get a point guard who, while lacking Rondo's passing skills, generates more offense for the team. With all of Rondos assist statistics, the reality that sometimes Rondo being on the court hurts the offense, is overshadowed. Yes, you're going to get alot of  assists when running an offense that includes 3 hall of famers but when teams see that you can't shoot, and they sag off you and start clogging the passing lanes, making it harder for old legs like KG, PP, and Ray to get open and score. I love Rondo but when your point guard, who is shooting 12 shots a game and shooting a lower percentage than SHAQ(ecspecially in an offensive system that requires quick defensive transition), it's going to have a negative impact on the teams offensive efficiency, no matter how many assists he's dishing out. We saw it in the playoffs that one of the celtics biggest concerns was scoring, teams wouldn't dare sag off Curry which would make the celtics offense much more potent.

It would still maintain the delictate balance of building for the future and winning now.....

Stephen Curry/ Possibly Baron Davis if cleveland uses their Amnesty on him

Ray Allen/ Delonte West

Paul Pierce/ Jeff Green

Kevin Garnett/ Louis Amundson/ JaJuan Johnson

Andris Biedrins/ Jermaine O'Neal.

That's a contending team.

Let me say that i'm a big fan of Rajon Rondo, i really like him for what he is. But what he is not is a center piece. He's not the guy that can be a teams #1 options. He can't hit the big shots. He's got a hell of a lot of grit but if you're trying to win a championship, a point guard with no consistent jump shot can not be your #1.

I'm also a big fan of Stephen Curry. Rajon Rondo gives you more on the defensive end but Curry gives you one hell of a punch on the offensive end and that's exactly what i think this team needs. He's an above average passer, about 6.5 per game with GS in 2011 so he's no slouch there. With Paul and Ray getting up there in age, it wouldn't be so bad seeing fresh legs take over alot of the scoring load, something i don't believe Rondo is capable of.

Re: Rajon Rondo for Stephen Curry. Discuss.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 01:24:23 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Interesting. Call DA, git 'er done  ;)

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 01:37:18 AM »

Offline Corey

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14
Golden State would much rather move Ellis than Curry, as they have been trying to do for the last year and a half.

It makes no sense for them to trade Curry for Rondo, and have the same exact problem as before...Two guards that want the ball in their hands a majority of the game.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 01:41:10 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
We give up the best player  in the trade.  It wouldn't be a win now move, for sure.  May or may not set us up better for the future.  Id pass.  That said, if we could use GS as a 3rd team in a deal for CP3, i say great.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:26:28 AM by PosImpos »
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 01:44:24 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
no way id rather have Rondo only trade id make for Rondo is cp3
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 01:44:48 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
We give up the best player  in the trade.  It wouldnt be a win now move, for sure.  May or may not sett us up better for the future.  Id pass.  That said, if we could use GS as a 3rd team in a deal for CP3, i say great
this
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 09:24:29 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I could see the following working,

Boston trades
     Rondo
       gets
     Curry + pick
GS    trades
     Curry
     Ellis
     udoh
     1st round pick
      gets
     Rondo
     Gay
Memphis
     trades
      gay
     gets
      ellis
      udoh
I like the trade for the Cs seth and rondo are different players but put at the pg with the big three seth could really shine, the addition of a pick this year would give us possible 3 in a strong draft with solid bigs.

Memphis would have to trade conly or mayo to make there roster work

GS gets better on defence and has a nice young veteran core of rondo,gay,lee to start along with biedris and the rookie klay

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 09:48:25 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I could see the following working,

Boston trades
     Rondo
       gets
     Curry + pick
GS    trades
     Curry
     Ellis
     udoh
     1st round pick
      gets
     Rondo
     Gay
Memphis
     trades
      gay
     gets
      ellis
      udoh
I like the trade for the Cs seth and rondo are different players but put at the pg with the big three seth could really shine, the addition of a pick this year would give us possible 3 in a strong draft with solid bigs.

Memphis would have to trade conly or mayo to make there roster work

GS gets better on defence and has a nice young veteran core of rondo,gay,lee to start along with biedris and the rookie klay

GS definitely gets the better end of this.  They get the best 2 players as well as get out from under Udroh's contract for just the cost of a pick.

Memphis would rather move Mayo since they'd have TA and Ellis as their SG rotation. 

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 10:00:06 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Udoh is young with potential i dont think he is considered a bad contract to get out of, also rondo and gay being better then monta and curry is a matter of opinion. In the right situation they are probably all pretty even talent wise. Gay obviously has more size and rondo is a winner but ellis and curry are the better scorers of the group. I also understand that they would rather move mayo however they played well last season without gay and if they see ellis as an upgrade to conly they do this deal. Then memphis can trade mayo to fill a need and use a back court of pg ellis sg TA  or PG conly SG ellis.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 10:24:44 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
no way id rather have Rondo only trade id make for Rondo is cp3

Yup...