Author Topic: Josh Smith  (Read 3582 times)

Josh Smith
« on: December 01, 2011, 07:06:14 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Get the man in Boston so we can actually compete when the Big 3 are on the decline... I LOVE COMMON SENSE
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:37:39 PM by Redz »

Re: JOSH SMITH
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 07:12:04 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Get the man in Boston so we can actually compete when the Big 3 are on the decline... I LOVE COMMON SENSE

And capital letters, apparently. [Sorry, I couldn't resist.]
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Who would you like to trade for him: Ray or KG?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 07:27:11 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Who would you like to trade for him: Ray or KG?

I would trade Ray for him but only if it helped convince other guys to sign extensions in Boston (cough) CP3 and D12

Of course that would require a Pierce Amnesty or trade in there somewhere.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 07:44:37 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
yeah i do love the caps. I just saw a rumor that smith is still looking for a trade. I honestly wouldn't mind trying to send KG for him. I love KG as much as the next guy, i even have his timberwolves jersey, but at some point we have to work toward the future.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 08:01:22 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
dont get the love fest for Josh Smith on here if you dont like Big Baby's shot selection you WILL HATE J Smooth chuckin up mid range shots even tho they never go in its a reason why he was booed at home everytime he shot a jumper yes he's athletic nd a good shot blocker nd rebounder but he's not a cornerstone u wanna build ya franchise arond

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 08:11:47 PM »

Offline dmny5000

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
yeah i do love the caps. I just saw a rumor that smith is still looking for a trade. I honestly wouldn't mind trying to send KG for him. I love KG as much as the next guy, i even have his timberwolves jersey, but at some point we have to work toward the future.

Terrible shot selection a great athlete and a pretty good player. Bad contract and every trade for him that's possible is questionable at best.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 09:12:40 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I would LOVE Josh Smith to be on the Celtics, except he has a big contract...if only he'd come here for a cheaper price, sign me up all day

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 09:16:06 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Great athlete. Not sure he would be the best fit for the C's more disciplined offense. Between Jeff Green and JJuan, we have a lot of weapons at PF. Trick is to actually properly integrate them into the offense and not just play them as a last resort when the Vets are burnt to a crisp and it is too late. Trick is to get decent size at the center position, so you can unleash the young athletic bigs. Rondo with JJuan and J Green on the wings is one quick unit. JJuan is already a more disciplined player than J Smooth will ever be. JJuan is not as big, but may be quicker and almost as athletic.

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 09:28:55 PM »

Offline Celtic#9

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15
Great athlete. Not sure he would be the best fit for the C's more disciplined offense. Between Jeff Green and JJuan, we have a lot of weapons at PF.
Haha yeah an unproven late first round pick and an undersized PF who has proven to produce a terrible rebounding rate at the PF position... We are totally loaded...

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 09:34:08 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Give me Josh Smith with someone else's bball IQ and you might convince me.  He just doesn't get me too excited beyond his athleticism.  At some point, his game should have evolved.

Re: Josh Smith
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 10:04:12 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Always been a big big big Smith fan. Crazy tenacious defender and could run some tight lanes with Rondo on the break.

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 10:18:04 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
want nothing to do with smith, when ever i have watched him play its been painfull. He gets by on a ton of athletic ability but he doesnt show much of an IQ or a motor. He always seems to be coasting through the game looking for the highlight play. I think KG would want to kill him.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 10:38:50 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Id trade Ray for Smith...dont know if Hawks would do that though...

Maybe a 3 way with Chicago?

Josh Smith next to Kevin Garnet in a small lineup would drive teams crazy...

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 11:02:09 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
would also drive kg crazy
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet