Author Topic: CP3 wants to be traded to NY and/or to play with Dwight Howard (merged)  (Read 8755 times)

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
Truly, this is disgusting.  I have zero respect for Paul now, wanting to team up with Carmelo and Melo.  They're just as bad as Lebron and his boys.

Today's NBA is filled with gutless players.

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Truly, this is disgusting.  I have zero respect for Paul now, wanting to team up with Carmelo and Melo.  They're just as bad as Lebron and his boys.

Carmelo and Melo! Son of a they cloned Melo in NYC?!!!

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Truly, this is disgusting.  I have zero respect for Paul now, wanting to team up with Carmelo and Melo.  They're just as bad as Lebron and his boys.

almost LOL in my office
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Truly, this is disgusting.  I have zero respect for Paul now, wanting to team up with Carmelo and Melo.  They're just as bad as Lebron and his boys.

almost LOL in my office

Glad I could help the work day lol

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71

I had to cover my face at the office to keep myself from laughing. Ooopsie. A'mare and Melo, there we go.  But yes to the point, I am sick of them gutless players.    ;)

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
CP3 will be a Knick because he wants to be a Knick.

Dwight will be a Laker, because he belongs there.

The fact they want to play together means nothing to Boston's chances... it just boosts New Orleans chance of trading for Dwight and Orlando's chance of trading for CP3.  :)

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
The knicks would litteraly have to sign these guys for dirt in order to have paul/amare/melo/dwight.. I mean if CP3 really wants to play with Dwight then his chance is here in Boston because of the cap room we have next year.. I mean you cant really get more outta if then that here in Boston. Heres the list of why its better to come here..

A-you would get more money here signing an ext.
B-Your boy Dwight would be able to sign for max contract.
C-You compete for a title not only for this year but years to come with Dwight.
D-You are on a big scale team such as Lakers,Knicks,Sadly the Heat.
E-You have the chance to be a part of Celtics history just like our big 3 was when they won. You would be Basketball royals if you when and keep winning in Boston

F. have good supporting players in the big 3 to mentor them...say they re-sign with us cheap

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
So I guess at this point we need to convince Dwight to come to Boston, lol....I hope that Chris doesn't become this year's Lebron.

I cannot stomach another Summer of 2010, I'm sorry.

The funny thing here is that even IF Paul somehow ends up in NY, you STILL have 2 average to mediocre defenders (Amar'e and Melo)....Chris would probably regress as an elite defender (thank you D'Antoni).

Matter of fact - I hope Paul gets traded there by THIS Christmas, so our squad can embarrass them in NY, in front of Spike Lee, on a National Stage. ;D

Do it, Boston!

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Get back on the phones Danny can we talk to Howards agent?  :P

I mean come on who would you rather be coached by Dantoni or Doc?

I imagine many players would say D'Antoni.

I'm hoping now more than ever that Dwight Howard will get dealt to the Nets, because if CP3 has his heart set on playing for the Knicks, the only way any other team is going to have a chance of competing with them in the Atlantic division is if the Nets get Howard to pair with Deron Williams.

It seems to me that after this year the Celtics will be an afterthought in the Atlantic division regardless.

Sheesh....you really think any of this is going to go down?

How are the Knicks in a position to get Chris Paul?

EDIT: As I wrote that I realize that Davis Stern essentially owns the Hornets and could just hand him over for a bag of peanuts to the Kicks  :-X

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Wasn't the lockout supposed to stop this nonsense?
Who's the next 3? Will Derrick Rose demand to be traded to the Clippers to team up with Blake Griffen and a superstar to be named later?

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Paul has reached out to Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard(notes) recently, encouraging Howard to find a way for the two to play together, sources told Yahoo! Sports. That would be a difficult scenario for the Knicks to make happen. Paul’s desire to join the Knicks was cemented after he spent so much time in New York over the summer with close friend Carmelo Anthony(notes).

The first part of the quote is key, and a sliver of reason for hope. If CP and Dwight could talk and plan (which is not tampering), the C's could trade Rondo and some filler for CP, try to win a title this year, then go into next season with Bird Rights for CP, Bradley, Johnson, and Pierce under contract.  That's 19.38 million in salaries, plus 7 minimum hold spots for another ~3.5 million for 22.88 million. Then they'd have 35.12 million or so to lure Dwight and Paul together. Ideally, this would be a predetermined wink between CP/Dwight. I believe they would then have the full MLE to fill out the SG/PF spots.

OR the unmentionable plan.

Same as above, but amnesty Pierce. Then they'd have the handshake understanding that the roster would be built around CP, Dwight, Bradley, Johnson, with about 51.9 million dollars to sign DP, Dwight, and any other combination of FA friends they want!

Ray, KG, Hinrich, Diaw, Jameson, Kidd, Mahinmi, Terry, Andre Miller, Amundson, Charlie Bell, Kaman, Foye, Delfino, Dooling, Ilyasovo, Udrih, Tolliver, Billups, Turiaf, Bass, Nelson, Nocioni, Carter, Pietrus, Camby, Felton, Okur, Barbosa are all guaranteed to be UFA's that year, plus any non-extended players.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It will be hard to beat Bynum for Howard deal.

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Paul has reached out to Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard recently, encouraging Howard to find a way for the two to play together, sources told Yahoo! Sports. That would be a difficult scenario for the Knicks to make happen. Paul’s desire to join the Knicks was cemented after he spent so much time in New York over the summer with close friend, Carmelo Anthony.

If this is actually the case then I can see it being between us and the Clippers for their services. But I highly doubt that is the case.

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
The knicks would litteraly have to sign these guys for dirt in order to have paul/amare/melo/dwight.. I mean if CP3 really wants to play with Dwight then his chance is here in Boston because of the cap room we have next year.. I mean you cant really get more outta if then that here in Boston. Heres the list of why its better to come here..

A-you would get more money here signing an ext.
B-Your boy Dwight would be able to sign for max contract.
C-You compete for a title not only for this year but years to come with Dwight.
D-You are on a big scale team such as Lakers,Knicks,Sadly the Heat.
E-You have the chance to be a part of Celtics history just like our big 3 was when they won. You would be Basketball royals if you when and keep winning in Boston

F. have good supporting players in the big 3 to mentor them...say they re-sign with us cheap

This all sounds good, but its pretty optimistic/biased.

A.- CP is going to be well paid anywhere he goes, and players have proven already theyd be willing to take pay cuts to play where they want
B.-Here he gets dwight, but from what I've heard, he's closer to melo +in NY he gets melo AND amare
C.-In NY he'd be competing for a title this yr, and as long as he, melo, and amare were together
D.-Knicks are bigger scale than Celts
E.-He'd be a bigger part of NY history than he would celts History if he brought a title to NY after their drought. 
F.-I highly doubt CP cares about what mentors are on his team...He will be the standard
G.- No place could substitute for NY if thats where your heart is, the same way that no place could substitute for Boston if thats where your heart is

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Amare, Paul and Anthony don't even win the East. Lack of defense and a poor coach in D'antoni.