Author Topic: CP3 wants to be traded to NY and/or to play with Dwight Howard (merged)  (Read 8754 times)

Offline KP43

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • THE BIG3: 9, 34, 5
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:05:07 PM by Roy H. »
Doc's gonna tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Yeah iknow, my username is Kendrick Perkins and my ranking is Jeff Green. Ironic huh?

Re: Maybe CP3 wants to sign afterall? (lets dream)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 02:45:42 PM »

Offline KP43

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • THE BIG3: 9, 34, 5
Doc's gonna tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Yeah iknow, my username is Kendrick Perkins and my ranking is Jeff Green. Ironic huh?

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/12/01/chris.paul.and.dwight.howard.communicating.trying.find.way.play.together

what if they find out that Boston could be that place??

Here is my dream. It is a quiet dream, one I don't tell many people.

I dream that the Celtics will make no real moves this off-season. I dream that the Celtics will win the NBA Championship this year.

I dream that the Celtics will then amnesty Paul Pierce. I dream the Celtics will trade Rajon Rondo to the Clippers for Eric Gordon, who will be signed-and-traded here.

I dream that the Celtics will NOT need to use ANY of their draft picks next year, and will instead, now only having Eric Gordon under contract, sign Chris Paul (or Deron Williams) and Dwight Howard to 4 year deals each.

I dream that Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen will then re-sign with the club at the vet minimum, along with Steve Nash, Tracy McGrady, Brandon Roy, and the rest of the cast of the 2004 All-NBA team that are still in the league, excepting Kobe Bryant.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 02:52:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/12/01/chris.paul.and.dwight.howard.communicating.trying.find.way.play.together

http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2011/12/report-chris-paul-requests-trade-to-ny.html
 OR NOT.. nevermind!

Interestingly, those quotes are from the same article.

Perhaps the way to read it is that Paul's first choice is to play in NY.  However, if that can't happen, he'd prefer to be dealt to a team where he can team up with Howard.

I can't see the Hornets dealing him to the Knicks; they just don't have any assets.  Therefore, hopefully CP3's second choice comes through. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 02:53:40 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I dream that the Celtics will make no real moves this off-season. I dream that the Celtics will win the NBA Championship this year.

I dream that the Celtics will then amnesty Paul Pierce. I dream the Celtics will trade Rajon Rondo to the Clippers for Eric Gordon, who will be signed-and-traded here.

I dream that the Celtics will NOT need to use ANY of their draft picks next year, and will instead, now only having Eric Gordon under contract, sign Chris Paul (or Deron Williams) and Dwight Howard to 4 year deals each.

I dream that Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen will then re-sign with the club at the vet minimum, along with Steve Nash, Tracy McGrady, Brandon Roy, and the rest of the cast of the 2004 All-NBA team that are still in the league, excepting Kobe Bryant.

Ha.  It's a good dream.  Once you amnesty Pierce, though, he won't be able to re-sign here.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 02:56:04 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Ha.  It's a good dream.  Once you amnesty Pierce, though, he won't be able to re-sign here.

If I can get the rest of it, I'll take it.

Paul
Gordon
?
?
Howard
=
Championship.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Chris Paul requests to be traded to the Knicks
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 03:08:14 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-chris_paul_hornets_knicks_nba_trade_120111

Chris Paul’s(notes) agent informed New Orleans Hornets officials on Wednesday that his client will not sign a contract extension and wants to be traded to the New York Knicks, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

As soon as the NBA lifts its lockout restrictions, Hornets general manager Dell Demps wants to meet with Paul and hear that directive from him.

Nevertheless, the prospects of the Hornets executing a trade with the Knicks appear to be relatively dim. The Knicks simply don’t have the trade assets that come close to meeting New Orleans’ criteria for a deal. Demps has been listening to overtures from teams around the league, and has been actively working under the assumption that Paul would reject a contract extension.

The Hornets have no intention of letting Paul walk away at season’s end without trying to get maximum value for him. There are several teams, including the Boston Celtics, that could be willing to make a deal for Paul with the hope of convincing him to eventually sign an extension.

The Hornets will be motivated to make a deal as soon as possible for Paul, and aren’t completely determined to get a point guard in return for him, sources said. They’re willing to play Jarrett Jack(notes) as the starter for the rest of the season, and mostly want to gather the best possible package of overall talent and draft picks.

Paul has reached out to Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard(notes) recently, encouraging Howard to find a way for the two to play together, sources told Yahoo! Sports. That would be a difficult scenario for the Knicks to make happen. Paul’s desire to join the Knicks was cemented after he spent so much time in New York over the summer with close friend Carmelo Anthony(notes).

If Paul were to opt out of the final year of his contract and become a free agent after this season, he could sign a maximum four-year, $74 million deal with another team. The Knicks currently would have enough salary-cap room to offer him a four-year, $55.5 million contract with a starting salary of $13 million.

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Get back on the phones Danny can we talk to Howards agent?  :P

I mean come on who would you rather be coached by Dantoni or Doc?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Get back on the phones Danny can we talk to Howards agent?  :P

I mean come on who would you rather be coached by Dantoni or Doc?

I imagine many players would say D'Antoni.

I'm hoping now more than ever that Dwight Howard will get dealt to the Nets, because if CP3 has his heart set on playing for the Knicks, the only way any other team is going to have a chance of competing with them in the Atlantic division is if the Nets get Howard to pair with Deron Williams.

It seems to me that after this year the Celtics will be an afterthought in the Atlantic division regardless.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Latest on Chris Paul
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 03:24:51 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
From RealGM:

The agent for New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul has asked the team to trade his client to the New York Knicks.

The agent informed Dell Demps, the Hornets’  general manager , that Paul is interested in being part of a sign-and-trade deal with the Knicks, who are in the market for a third superstar to complement A’mare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony.

As soon as the NBA lifts its lockout restrictions, Hornets general manager Dell Demps wants to meet with Paul and hear that directive from him.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/216918/Paul_Wont_Sign_Extension_Requests_Trade_To_Knicks#ixzz1fJgjyxGk
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Sounds like Chris Paul will turn out to be this season's messiah/snitchster.

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
So is it correct that Paul can only do a two year S&T now?  If so, why wouldn't Howard be in the same situation?

Thanks to whomever (presumably Roy H.).

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
The knicks would litteraly have to sign these guys for dirt in order to have paul/amare/melo/dwight.. I mean if CP3 really wants to play with Dwight then his chance is here in Boston because of the cap room we have next year.. I mean you cant really get more outta if then that here in Boston. Heres the list of why its better to come here..

A-you would get more money here signing an ext.
B-Your boy Dwight would be able to sign for max contract.
C-You compete for a title not only for this year but years to come with Dwight.
D-You are on a big scale team such as Lakers,Knicks,Sadly the Heat.
E-You have the chance to be a part of Celtics history just like our big 3 was when they won. You would be Basketball royals if you when and keep winning in Boston

Re: Latest on Chris Paul
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 03:39:22 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
From RealGM:

The agent for New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul has asked the team to trade his client to the New York Knicks.

The agent informed Dell Demps, the Hornets’  general manager , that Paul is interested in being part of a sign-and-trade deal with the Knicks, who are in the market for a third superstar to complement A’mare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/216918/Paul_Wont_Sign_Extension_Requests_Trade_To_Knicks#ixzz1fJgjyxGk

Rather you mean from Yahoosports.

At least link to the article directly.

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
So is it correct that Paul can only do a two year S&T now?  If so, why wouldn't Howard be in the same situation?

Thanks to whomever (presumably Roy H.).

both are in that situation.  a lot of this talk of willingness to sign extensions is a little silly, considering that.

the real question now is whether a player would be willing to sign a new contract at the end of this season with the team to which they are traded.  in that sense, no team -- even the knicks -- can have absolute certainty of retaining the player for which they trade beyond this season.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers