Author Topic: this trade is good for the celtics  (Read 1880 times)

this trade is good for the celtics
« on: December 01, 2011, 01:23:35 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Boston send Rondo and Big Baby S&T

N.Orleans send Chris Paul and Okafor

Sacramento send T.Evans, J.Thompson

Boston receive Chris Paul, Jason Thompson

Sacramento receive Rajon Rondo, Emeka Okafor

N.Orleans receive Tyreke Evans, Big Baby S&T

Good for the Sacramento Kings, they are 26 million under the cap and need to take on salary, Rondo is better as a PG for Sacramento then Evans, Okafor replaces Dalembert.

Rondo-Fredette-Hickson-Cousins-Okafor

Good for the Hornets, they get young talent Evans on rookie contract, cap relief, Replacement PF for West, resign Landry and use MLE to get decent C.

Evans-Belinelli-Ariza-Baby/Landry-MLE Center

Good for the Celtics, best Rondo replacement you could find and a Center that is expiring, a deal that could put us forward to get Howard.

CP-Ray-Pierce-KG-Thompson

I didn't include picks in this trade because teams haven't sent players to team A and team B vice versa, but I suppose we could say Hornets get the short end of the stick in this deal if you are not biased. They could make it up with picks, put i'm not willing to give up Green or the Clippers pick for CP. (injury risk).

Re: this trade is good for the celtics
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 01:26:06 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Boston send Rondo and Big Baby S&T

N.Orleans send Chris Paul and Okafor

Sacramento send T.Evans, J.Thompson

Boston receive Chris Paul, Jason Thompson

Sacramento receive Rajon Rondo, Emeka Okafor

N.Orleans receive Tyreke Evans, Big Baby S&T

Good for the Sacramento Kings, they are 26 million under the cap and need to take on salary, Rondo is better as a PG for Sacramento then Evans, Okafor replaces Dalembert.

Rondo-Fredette-Hickson-Cousins-Okafor

Good for the Hornets, they get young talent Evans on rookie contract, cap relief, Replacement PF for West, resign Landry and use MLE to get decent C.

Evans-Belinelli-Ariza-Baby/Landry-MLE Center

Good for the Celtics, best Rondo replacement you could find and a Center that is expiring, a deal that could put us forward to get Howard.

CP-Ray-Pierce-KG-Thompson

I didn't include picks in this trade because teams haven't sent players to team A and team B vice versa, but I suppose we could say Hornets get the short end of the stick in this deal if you are not biased. They could make it up with picks, put i'm not willing to give up Green or the Clippers pick for CP. (injury risk).
I think NO would need to get another player in addition to Evans as well as a first or two.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:28:13 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Interesting....no real downside skill wise for any team

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 02:29:22 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
nevermind the original idea, hornets would be way under the cap, instead they keep okafor. Utah is the 4th team in this trade,they send Mehmet Okur to Sacramento for sacramento 2013 1st round pick.
Celtics send 2013 1st to hornets.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 02:44:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Do you really think Davis has that kind of draw as a talent I do not.   

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 03:20:51 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Evans and Baby for CP3? The Hornets GM better go into witness protection before he signs off on that deal.

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 04:07:01 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Evans and Baby for CP3? The Hornets GM better go into witness protection before he signs off on that deal.

Evans is a good young player on a very favorable rookie contract.  He was hurt last year, but has already displayed unquestionable all-star potential as a rookie.
Baby is born and went to college in LA, so will likely draw some fan fare.
They also get rid of Okafor's horrendous contract.

Throw in a draft pick or 2 (at least one from the celtics) and you've turned this NBA-owned team into a team that could be very enticing for purchase, which should be one of the largest factors considered if/when trading away CP.

I think this is a very intriguing deal for Boston and Sac, just depends on if N.O. will sign off or not.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 04:47:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Evans is a good young player on a very favorable rookie contract.  He was hurt last year, but has already displayed unquestionable all-star potential as a rookie.
Baby is born and went to college in LA, so will likely draw some fan fare.
They also get rid of Okafor's horrendous contract.

Throw in a draft pick or 2 (at least one from the celtics) and you've turned this NBA-owned team into a team that could be very enticing for purchase, which should be one of the largest factors considered if/when trading away CP.

I think this is a very intriguing deal for Boston and Sac, just depends on if N.O. will sign off or not.
The elimination of Okafer's contract would have to be a major appeal to NO for them to bite on this.  Deal would definitely need picks to get it signed off by all parties.  NO would need a pick from both Boston and Sac.  2013 for the C's would sound about right or better yet make it whatever year we get the Clip's pick and give them the worse of the Clip's/C's pick that year.  Sac's pick could be top 10 protected for the first year and maybe top 5 for another year or two.