Author Topic: If you're Dallas, do you prefer Chandler or Nene?  (Read 1039 times)

If you're Dallas, do you prefer Chandler or Nene?
« on: December 01, 2011, 10:46:01 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
There are rumors that the Mavs are interested in Nene.  There are rumors that the Nuggets are interested in Chandler.  Chandler is saying that he's unlikely to re-sign with Dallas, and reports are that Nene is unlikely to resign in Denver.

So, what makes more sense than a mutual sign-and-trade, right?  The Nuggets get their replacement for Nene, and the Mavs get a big man in his prime.

So what do you think?  Are the Mavericks improved with Nene, or are they better off just re-upping Chandler?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: If you're Dallas, do you prefer Chandler or Nene?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 10:52:58 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
There are rumors that the Mavs are interested in Nene.  There are rumors that the Nuggets are interested in Chandler.  Chandler is saying that he's unlikely to re-sign with Dallas, and reports are that Nene is unlikely to resign in Denver.

So, what makes more sense than a mutual sign-and-trade, right?  The Nuggets get their replacement for Nene, and the Mavs get a big man in his prime.

So what do you think?  Are the Mavericks improved with Nene, or are they better off just re-upping Chandler?
Hard to say, I'm not sure how Nene would handle having to cover for Dirk defensively and on the glass like Chandler did. He's been an inconsistent defender the last few years.

Offensively the Mavericks would certainly be a better team, less reliant on Dirk for all of their offense. So in the end I think the Mavericks would be better off, but a different team.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 10:53:28 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Definitely Tyson Chandler. I think he is a clear rung or two above Nene.

I disagree with all these sites that are saying Nene is the top FA on the market. I have both Tyson Chandler and Marc Gasol rated above Nene.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 10:54:25 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Worse defensively but better offensively ... considering that their team will be even older this year, having a younger inside scorer could be very valuable.  Nene is decent on defense, too.   Im not sure if theyd be better or not, but its an interesting thought.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 10:55:31 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I'm not sure who is the more valuable overall player, but if I'm Dallas, then I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
Chandler by quite a bit.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 10:57:18 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Definitely Tyson Chandler. I think he is a clear rung or two above Nene.

I disagree with all these sites that are saying Nene is the top FA on the market. I have both Tyson Chandler and Marc Gasol rated above Nene.

Marc is definitely at the top.  I can't really see any team having a legit chance at landing him though (besides MEM)... unless they terribly overpay for him which then decreases his value.

I could see the argument for Nene vs. Chandler.  On most contending teams, I'd probably go for Chandler though unless the team was absolutely starved of offense.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur