Author Topic: Pacers interested in Rondo...what would we want?  (Read 10783 times)

Re: Pacers interested in Rondo...what would we want?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 09:21:16 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Indiana would only get Rondo in return for being a third team. Either Boston, New Orleans, Indiana or Boston, New Orleans, Orlando.

Celtics want Paul.

Pacers want Rondo and to get rid of Granger

New Orleans wants young talent.

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2011, 01:42:00 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'd modify the above to look more like this.

Bos- Paul

Ind- Rondo, J.Green, Bos 1st ('12 & '14)

NO- Granger, Collison, J.Johnson, Clippers pick (via Bos)

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011, 02:00:53 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
a 2nd round pick in a weak draft?

just fyi, JuJuan Johnson was a first round pick.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011, 04:40:37 AM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
The pursuit of Chris Paul is a pipe dream.  That is, his first, second and third choice is New York.  Plain and simple.

On the other hand, why can't Ainge discuss a trade involving Rajon Rondo just between he and Indiana?  I'm more inclined to keep Rondo but if Indiana offered Roy Hibbert and Paul George.  I would listen...  But, I know this type of move won't appease others.

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2011, 09:39:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'd almost trade Rondo for Collison and Hibbert straight up.  Gets the team younger and more depth down low and Collison is not Rondo, but he isn't terrible either.  I'd take on Posey if they wanted as well to provide more depth or to use as a trade chip later on as well.  Collison and Hibbert make way less money then Rondo next year so we'd have even more cap room and less positions of need.  They would also be valuable trading chips in a sign and trade for someone like Howard.  Unless we seriously upgrade the roster we aren't winning a title, so the Celtics might as well use what they have to start looking for that next title.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2011, 09:43:32 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
The pursuit of Chris Paul is a pipe dream.  That is, his first, second and third choice is New York.  Plain and simple.

On the other hand, why can't Ainge discuss a trade involving Rajon Rondo just between he and Indiana?  I'm more inclined to keep Rondo but if Indiana offered Roy Hibbert and Paul George.  I would listen...  But, I know this type of move won't appease others.

Has to include and NBA starting PG.
Are we gonna have Delonte or Avery run the point in the final year of the Big 3's reign?

Collison, George and Hibbert.
Deal.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2011, 09:48:50 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Are we gonna have Delonte or Avery run the point in the final year of the Big 3's reign?

Deal.

I'd also take Psycho T instead of Hibbert if we could get a first rounder as well.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2011, 10:17:20 AM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
Granger and Hibbert would make me ecstatic

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2011, 10:59:54 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=77kkyl4

THE ONLY trade I would consider from that roster

Rondo,Green,Bradley and Clippers pick
Granger,Collison and Hibbert

Sure, its a majority overhaul of Indiana's talent, but its fair trade IMO.
We take on Granger's big contract plus a PG and C with huge upside.
Indy gets their veteran allstar PG, a SF with enough upside to be an allstar given the minutes and confidence and a good pick.

Next to that, Indy would only be a 3rd team facilitator to get CP3 for me.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2011, 11:31:30 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
That isn't bad but I am not too impressed with IND talent overall.  No one really knocks me out and who knows if the upside will pan out.  I too, find Hibbert intriguing but he seems more like Dikembe than Ewing to me.  Frankly he isn't even Dikembe at this point.

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2011, 11:34:17 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=77kkyl4

THE ONLY trade I would consider from that roster

Rondo,Green,Bradley and Clippers pick
Granger,Collison and Hibbert

Sure, its a majority overhaul of Indiana's talent, but its fair trade IMO.
We take on Granger's big contract plus a PG and C with huge upside.
Indy gets their veteran allstar PG, a SF with enough upside to be an allstar given the minutes and confidence and a good pick.

Next to that, Indy would only be a 3rd team facilitator to get CP3 for me.

Wow, we give up a draft pick in that deal?  I'd like to see us get Paul George back too then or not give up the draft pick.  Rondo is the best "piece" in that deal by a lot.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8

Deal.

My feeling was that Ainge would sign a free agent point guard.  It seems to me that Boston desires to move on from Rondo.  However, the team lacks young assets to do a similar trade as was done to acquire Kevin Garnett.  Hence, my interest in the young players that Indiana has.  Worst case scenario, they develop into nothing more than trade assets.  Conversely, best case scenario, one or two of the aforementioned players pan out.  Both Hibbert and George represent positions of need for Boston.  Plus, the deal would work salary wise.  In my opinion, you don't need to include a first round pick unless Indiana isn't content with solely receiving Rondo back.  Why they've an interest in him when they'd just acquired Darren Collison last year is beyond me.  Indiana has George Hill, AJ Price and Lance Stephenson as well.  Speaking of Hill, wasn't Ainge said to be interested in Hill during the 2009 draft.

Personally, I've no interest in Danny Granger's contract.  But, if I'd a choice, I concur, I would take back Collison too.

The only problem I see with acquiring Hibbert and George for Rondo is that this would signify that Jeff Green won't receive an extension from Boston.  Also, this is the last year of Hibbert's contract.  What will be his asking price? Remember Ainge didn't want to extend Perkins for fear of an unreasonable deal.

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2011, 01:52:14 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Just a reminder that Indiana's young center with all the upside is going to be a free agent next off-season when we'll have tons of dough to spend.

Hey, if Big Dwight slips through our hands, we could go after Hibbert, and we wouldn't even have to trade away Rondo to get him.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2011, 02:08:12 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Just a reminder that Indiana's young center with all the upside is going to be a free agent next off-season when we'll have tons of dough to spend.

Hey, if Big Dwight slips through our hands, we could go after Hibbert, and we wouldn't even have to trade away Rondo to get him.

Restricted free agent

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2011, 02:27:57 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Restricted free agent

O.K., The Pacers got a qualifying offer listed at $3.7 million for him.  I'm pretty sure we could top that if we wanted him. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson