Author Topic: Pacers interested in Rondo...what would we want?  (Read 10756 times)

Re: Pacers interested in Rondo...what would we want?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
As I mentioned in the other thread, I'd take Collison (or Hill), Paul George, and a 1st in 2012.  I don't think Indy moves Hibbert.

Gives us the scoring off the bench from George (and JG) and another young, solid PG.

Future lineup (2012-13):

Collison/West
George/Ray
JGreen/Paul
J3/KG
Draft pick(s), etc.

Lottery team for years to come even if we pick the next D Howard
I think George is going to be a player and if we got the next Dwight Howard that would be a playoff team, Dwight Howard's teams have been in the playoffs almost every year.

I think the only thing that would make sense for the Celtics is a deal that includes, Collison, Hibbert/Psycho T, George and a 1st. However, thsi is way way too rich for Indiana.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 05:34:58 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I wouldn't really want anyone.  In basketball, you never trade quality for quantity, and that seems to be what we'd be doing here. 

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 05:59:52 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
i want COLLISON ! i like his game ALOT c razy speed ,good jumper ,good passer good upside if u ask me
hibbert as well not sure if i'd take granger & that contract

but i'd trade rondo for collison/hibbert maybe they'd have to throw in granger cuz of contract reasons & then reasonably we'll throw in jeff but regardless how we do it i want collison playing witht he big 3 hopefully we'll get hibbert as well

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 06:12:44 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I wouldn't really want anyone.  In basketball, you never trade quality for quantity, and that seems to be what we'd be doing here. 

I'm a firm believer in this theory as well.

Each offseason you can always find a plethora of good role players available, often for less than the MLE (and sometimes for LLE and vet minimums).

Perennial All-Stars aren't exactly that easy to obtain.

I'd use Indiana to facilitate a trade for CP3, or move Rondo for another proven All-Star under 28 (Dwight?), but not for a platter of decent/good players from them or any other team. The only time you take that deal is when the player is in the final year of a deal (see: Anthony, Carmelo) and you want something instead of nothing.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 06:25:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would be intrigued by Hibbert and any other player like George.  If we got to take Granger we amnesty him and try to sign him on the cheap. 

Hibbert can block shots and board.   We don't need him to score.  Centers are harder to develop than PG.   He actually is a weak rebounder for a 7-2 guy though.  Are we going to try to draft Austin Rivers next year?

I can't see them trading Hibbert though.   He is their only big aside from Foster who is legit 6-10 or higher.

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 06:43:47 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32

Each offseason you can always find a plethora of good role players available, often for less than the MLE (and sometimes for LLE and vet minimums).

I'd use Indiana to facilitate a trade for CP3, or move Rondo for another proven All-Star under 28 (Dwight?), but not for a platter of decent/good players from them or any other team. The only time you take that deal is when the player is in the final year of a deal (see: Anthony, Carmelo) and you want something instead of nothing.

Rondo's AllStar run is over.  Deron Williams and DRose will have AS PG duties locked up for the next decade in the East, barring early season injury.

Rondo is a very good player, a star, but not a superstar (like CP) and not likely an allstar, either.  The best part is that his contract is long-term and reasonable for a very good, star player.

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 07:09:47 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...

Rondo's AllStar run is over.  Deron Williams and DRose will have AS PG duties locked up for the next decade in the East, barring early season injury.

Rondo is a very good player, a star, but not a superstar (like CP) and not likely an allstar, either.  The best part is that his contract is long-term and reasonable for a very good, star player.
I am all about the CP3 trade, but don't diminish what Rondo has done and can still do. Being the best player on one of the worst teams (Deron and the Nets) doesn't always net you a spot on the all-star team. Yes he plays with Hall of Famers, but he still manages to shine in a line up full of former superstars by popping up on the stat sheet in ways that teammates love--assists, steals and rebounding from the 1 spot. The intangibles he brings on the floor, like wanting to face up Kobe or LeBron, chasing down Jason Williams, playing with a hyperextended elbow, etc. are burned in people's minds. Memory plays a lot in all-star voting from both fans and coaches. All that said, I still think CP3 would make the big 3 even better.

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 07:12:39 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I don't think it's a forgone conclusion Deron will make it every year, especially if the Nets don't get him some help. He's made the same amount of ASG's as Rondo while playing a year longer.

Maybe Rondo will block Deron from making the team?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 07:20:51 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

rondo has not peaked
rose hasn't either but williams AND paul have
rondo & rose's ceilings are pretty impressive if they continue to improve

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Collison, Paul George and Hibbert?

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 07:34:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Easiest trade that includes Indiana and makes any sense whatsoever is this,

Boston trades: Rajon Rondo, Big Baby(S & T)
Boston receives: Chris Paul

Indiana trades: Danny Granger
Indiana receives Rajon Rondo

New Orleans trades: Chris Paul
New Orleans receives: Danny Granger, Big Baby

There could also be an exchange of picks to make up for inequities.

Granger and Baby are both New Orleans home grown products and would be returning home to start alongside Trevor Ariza, Jarrett Jack and Emeka Okafor. Though not fabulous return on the exchange of talent, it's still very good for a guy that could walk at year's end.

Indiana gets Rondo, the PG that Larry has been searching for to run a young running offense. Paul George gets moved into the starting SF position to replace Granger and with Hill, Hansborough and Hibbert that's not a bad young core to build the future with.

Boston gets their superstar to build the future with and one highly regarded by Dwight Howard. They also maintain future cap flexibility to land Howard while upgrading the starting unit this year in the Big Three's last hoorah and shot at a title.

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 07:41:45 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

Granger and Baby are both New Orleans home grown products and would be returning home to start alongside Trevor Ariza, Jarrett Jack and Emeka Okafor. Though not fabulous return on the exchange of talent, it's still very good for a guy that could walk at year's end.

Indiana gets Rondo, the PG that Larry has been searching for to run a young running offense. Paul George gets moved into the starting SF position to replace Granger and with Hill, Hansborough and Hibbert that's not a bad young core to build the future with.

Boston gets their superstar to build the future with and one highly regarded by Dwight Howard. They also maintain future cap flexibility to land Howard while upgrading the starting unit this year in the Big Three's last hoorah and shot at a title.

Would love for it to happen, but does NO really want BBD?  I could see them demanding JaJuan, if we have anything that would satisfy them at all. 

I also wouldn't be surprised to try to get them to get Ray Allen and then throw in another bad contract to us to clear space. 

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 08:58:10 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Would love for it to happen, but does NO really want BBD?  I could see them demanding JaJuan, if we have anything that would satisfy them at all. 

I also wouldn't be surprised to try to get them to get Ray Allen and then throw in another bad contract to us to clear space. 

I'd give them both BBD and JJJ, but I don't think they want either of them.

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 09:11:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Would you care to explain why you feel the Hornets wouldn't have interest in BBD or JJJ? If they lose David West, then currently the only players they have at the center and PF positions are Emeka Okafor and..........nobody.

Why wouldn't they be interested in them?

Has the Hornets' GM made some public comments regarding BBD and JJJ that lead you to believe that? Is the free agent market so overwhelming in talent at the PF position this year that getting two PFs in a trade would be a bad idea for that team? Especially a PF/C that was so extremely popular in the market during his college playing days?

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 09:18:24 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Would you care to explain why you feel the Hornets wouldn't have interest in BBD or JJJ? If they lose David West, then currently the only players they have at the center and PF positions are Emeka Okafor and..........nobody.

Why wouldn't they be interested in them?

Has the Hornets' GM made some public comments regarding BBD and JJJ that lead you to believe that? Is the free agent market so overwhelming in talent at the PF position this year that getting two PFs in a trade would be a bad idea for that team? Especially a PF/C that was so extremely popular in the market during his college playing days?

A fat, short, selfish PF/C with poor vertical leap and short arms and a 2nd round pick in a weak draft? I think they can do better.