Author Topic: 3 way deal, Westbrook, Rondo, and CP3?  (Read 2955 times)

3 way deal, Westbrook, Rondo, and CP3?
« on: November 29, 2011, 09:57:46 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c6yzoa9

How about it?

Celtics get what they want - a superstar PG in Chris Paul that could possibly help them win a title. It won't be a straight up 1 to 1 trade, as Davis will get traded, but I doubt Big Baby would be the trade breaker.

Thunder exchange Westbrook for Rondo, giving one of the keys Westbrook has to Durant for the offense. Rondo can team up with Perk, his best buddy, and the thunder will be better defensively. Rondo would also improve Durant's offense, at least more than Westbrook at the point.

The Hornets get Westbrook instead of Rondo, which is a better piece to rebuild around. They also get assets in Big Baby and a promising PG in Maynor. 
I like Marcus Smart

Re: 3 way deal, Westbrook, Rondo, and CP3?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 09:59:28 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

How about it?

Celtics get what they want - a superstar PG in Chris Paul that could possibly help them win a title. It won't be a straight up 1 to 1 trade, as Davis will get traded, but I doubt Big Baby would be the trade breaker.

Thunder exchange Westbrook for Rondo, giving one of the keys Westbrook has to Durant for the offense. Rondo can team up with Perk, his best buddy, and the thunder will be better defensively. Rondo would also improve Durant's offense, at least more than Westbrook at the point.

The Hornets get Westbrook instead of Rondo, which is a better piece to rebuild around. They also get assets in Big Baby and a promising PG in Maynor. 

I think the league would explode trading 3 out of the top 4 point guards in one deal. The lockout could go back into effect, lol!

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 10:02:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Then OKC goes with a great offensively challenged lineup involving rondo, ibaka and perkins. yikes.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 10:04:42 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I don't see OKC trading Westbrook essentially straight up for Rondo.

Why wouldn't the Thunder just trade Westbrook for CP3?

We need to remember in these 3-team-trade proposals to create a trade that actually necessitates Rondo being involved. 
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 10:04:56 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Then OKC goes with a great offensively challenged lineup involving rondo, ibaka and perkins. yikes.

and one of the meanest as well

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:32:10 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Here's a variation that OKC and NO couldn't pull of alone. Note that depending on the S&T values there may be some filler needed.

BOS: Chris Paul, Emeka Okafor
NO: Russell Westbrook, Jeff Green (S&T), Jermaine O'Neil (expiring), Clippers #1 pick via Celtics
OKC: Rajon Rondo, Glen Davis (S&T)

Why for Boston? Unbelievable starting 5. Paul, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, Okafor. Upgrades both offensively and defensively. Bring back West, Bradley, the 2 rookies, and work with MLE + amnesty candidates.

Why for NO? 3 young players (Westbrook, Green, draft pick) plus real cap help for a team w/o an owner. If they moved Ariza (or used amnesty) and let West come off the books they could be in play for 2 max free agents and/or the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, which would surely entice a new owner.

Why for OKC? End the power struggle around Westbrook and the uncertainty around overpaying on his next contract, which would probably be at least $5M/year higher than Rondo's deal. Build around Rondo, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Perkins, with Harden taking a bigger chunk of the backcourt scoring and Rondo as a true distributor. Davis as a 6th man.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 10:37:07 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
Here's a variation that OKC and NO couldn't pull of alone. Note that depending on the S&T values there may be some filler needed.

NO: Russell Westbrook, Jeff Green (S&T), Jermaine O'Neil (expiring), Clippers #1 pick via Celtics

Why for Boston? Unbelievable starting 5. Paul, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, Okafor. Upgrades both offensively and defensively. Bring back West, Bradley, the 2 rookies, and work with MLE + amnesty candidates.

Why for NO? 3 young players (Westbrook, Green, draft pick) plus real cap help for a team w/o an owner. If they moved Ariza (or used amnesty) and let West come off the books they could be in play for 2 max free agents and/or the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, which would surely entice a new owner.

Why for OKC? End the power struggle around Westbrook and the uncertainty around overpaying on his next contract, which would probably be at least $5M/year higher than Rondo's deal. Build around Rondo, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Perkins, with Harden taking a bigger chunk of the backcourt scoring and Rondo as a true distributor. Davis as a 6th man.

The C's and the Hornets would love it, but I don't really see OKC's motivation to break up their core when they took the eventual champions to 6 games last season.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 10:39:06 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

seems like a fair trade for all involved, but I really don't want to see the c's take on  okafors contract. Takes us out of the running for another max free agent next year.

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 10:44:37 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

seems like a fair trade for all involved, but I really don't want to see the c's take on  okafors contract. Takes us out of the running for another max free agent next year.

if they take on okafor, it's because they figure they aren't going to get dwight howard anyway.

personally, i don't believe that howard wants to come here; he might be intrigued if CP3 were here, but i still think he prefers a truly grand stage.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 10:45:45 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

How about it?

I think the league would explode trading 3 out of the top 4 point guards in one deal. The lockout could go back into effect, lol!

o god no!!! =(, i waited 149 days for this thing to go away,  not again =(, i will literally die...

but then again, why? its not like a star left the team like Lebron or Melo crying about it, a star for a star for a star? i don't see the harm here?

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 11:24:18 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

if they take on okafor, it's because they figure they aren't going to get dwight howard anyway.

personally, i don't believe that howard wants to come here; he might be intrigued if CP3 were here, but i still think he prefers a truly grand stage.

Agree. I personally think Howard is a pipe dream, so I'd much rather have Paul / Okafor now than what I consider a small chance at Howard in the future. Also Howard isn't coming THIS YEAR, and that's a big difference. If you're counting on Howard, IMO you are giving up on the Big 3 and moving on to rebuilding. With Paul + Okafor you can do both.