Author Topic: Clippers Proposal for Dwight(for fun)  (Read 2001 times)

Clippers Proposal for Dwight(for fun)
« on: November 29, 2011, 06:00:50 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
being bored i thought of the team that has the BEST shot to land dwight & for me its by far the clippers dwight wants to be in the bigger city of LA yet dosent want to be compared to shaq i read on real GM the clips will do ANYTHING to land dwight

so thinking of what they can offer orando they can offer anything & everything orlando would want

young players
picks
contract relief
exp contracts

so heres the proposal

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c5dgssa

Orlando send Dwight Howard & Hedo turkaglu

for
eric gordan,chris kaman,eric beldsoe,mo williams,al faruq aminu,& a few 1st rounders

thoughts? i'd think orlando WOULD BE CRAZY to turn this deal down

Re: Clippers Proposal for Dwight(for fun)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 07:21:12 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
being bored i thought of the team that has the BEST shot to land dwight & for me its by far the clippers dwight wants to be in the bigger city of LA yet dosent want to be compared to shaq i read on real GM the clips will do ANYTHING to land dwight

so thinking of what they can offer orando they can offer anything & everything orlando would want

young players
picks
contract relief
exp contracts

so heres the proposal

for
eric gordan,chris kaman,eric beldsoe,mo williams,al faruq aminu,& a few 1st rounders

If I am Orlando, I hold out for Griffin. 

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 07:42:18 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

young players
picks
contract relief
exp contracts

so heres the proposal

for

They don't have much leverage to hold out however, they could get left with nothing if Howard walks. There is no way they get Blake Griffin for Dwight.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 07:53:05 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
im sorry i forgot to add deandre jordan also in the original post

young players
picks
contract relief
exp contracts

so heres the proposal

for

They don't have much leverage to hold out however, they could get left with nothing if Howard walks. There is no way they get Blake Griffin for Dwight.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 08:40:02 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

young players
picks
contract relief
exp contracts

so heres the proposal

for

they won't get him.  they can probably hold out for a better offer from the Lakers, though.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 08:52:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

young players
picks
contract relief
exp contracts

so heres the proposal

for

they won't get him.  they can probably hold out for a better offer from the Lakers, though.

What can the lakers offer that is better? I don't consider Andrew Bynum and his knees any better that Griffin.

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 09:27:37 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

young players
picks
contract relief
exp contracts

so heres the proposal

for

I would tell the Clippers there is no way they can get Howard with out Griffin.

If I am Orlando, I am not going to give Howard away.  I would want a top 10 player or a player who has shown he likely would turn into a top 10 player. 

Meanwhile, figure a way to clear as many contracts around Howard or adding attractive trade pieces this season to open up cap space to try and to add a player to go with Howard next year. 

Howard is to good of a player to just trade away cheap and to good of a player to just sit on your hands. 

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 10:12:58 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I don't think the Clippers have the assets to make a run at Dwight Howard. They lack that exceptional individual talent to base a trade package around. I just don't think Eric Gordon is good enough for that. 

The only player that is good enough is Blake Griffin but there is no hope of Dwight Howard signing a contract extension with the Clippers without Blake Griffin there. So that offer is a non-starter.

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 10:29:24 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

young players
picks
contract relief
exp contracts

so heres the proposal

for

What can the lakers offer that is better? I don't consider Andrew Bynum and his knees any better that Griffin.

of course bynum isn't better than griffin.  but griffin is untouchable.  the magic aren't getting griffin in any scenario.  bynum + gasol or odom is a better package than the Magic are likely to get anywhere else, at least in terms of being able to compete for the playoffs post-trade.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 11:19:54 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

young players
picks
contract relief
exp contracts

so heres the proposal

for

of course bynum isn't better than griffin.  but griffin is untouchable.  the magic aren't getting griffin in any scenario.  bynum + gasol or odom is a better package than the Magic are likely to get anywhere else, at least in terms of being able to compete for the playoffs post-trade.
I'm not so sure Griffin is untouchable.  Howard is the established dominant center in the game today.  Griffin looks like a great all-star PF but there are others out there.  PFs are easier to come by than the game's dominant center.  A deal of Griffin & Kaman & #1 pick/S&T Jordan (and minor tweaks to account for salary matching) might be good enough for Orlando.  Orlando gets the next projected superstar who is also cost controlled for a couple of years longer.

DH might sign up longterm with the Clips with Gordon, Bledsoe and some decent prospects.