Author Topic: Trade Idea: Bring back Big Al  (Read 4265 times)

Trade Idea: Bring back Big Al
« on: November 29, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Real GM talked about how the Jazz are looking at trading both Big Al and Millsap. How about a trade of:

Boston Sends:

S&T Jeff Green (7 Mill)
S& T Baby ( 4 Mill)

Utah Sends:

Big Al.

Re: Trade Idea: Bring back Big Al
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:47:23 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Not a fan of Big Al at this point, especially at his salary level. He's a poor rebounder/defender even at the 5 at this point and I'm afraid that's what he'll always be.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:47:39 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Real GM talked about how the Jazz are looking at trading both Big Al and Millsap. How about a trade of:

Boston Sends:

S&T Jeff Green (7 Mill)
S& T Baby ( 4 Mill)

Utah Sends:

Big Al.
I think they certainly could use Jeff Green but I think they have enough 4's to not need Baby, maybe a three way trade.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 12:51:07 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Boston Sends:

S&T Jeff Green (7 Mill)
S& T Baby ( 4 Mill)

Utah Sends:

Big Al.
I think they certainly could use Jeff Green but I think they have enough 4's to not need Baby, maybe a three way trade.

My thinking was that because they're looking to get rid of both Al and Millsap to make way for Kanter and Favors that they would still need a back up 4/5 in Baby who was not threatening to start over the two players they're developing as well as having Green's ability to play te 4 sometimes would allow them the flexibility to develop Kanter and Favors while not overexhausting them.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 12:54:45 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Not a fan of Big Al at this point, especially at his salary level. He's a poor rebounder/defender even at the 5 at this point and I'm afraid that's what he'll always be.

I can see that, but part of me wonders how Bad Al's defense would be surrounded by 4 very good defenders? In that scenario, I think his shot blocking would be an asset and his lack of mobility would be masked by the tenacity of the other 4 guys. But I will say that i haven't watched enough TWolves/Jazz games to know if he's smart enough to thrive in this system.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 12:55:15 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I think Utah would be more inclined to an offer of cap space + draft picks than having their cap space tied by long term contracts given to Jeff Green and Glen Davis.

Not enough incentive for Utah ... unless they are insanely high on Jeff Green.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 12:59:23 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I can see that, but part of me wonders how Bad Al's defense would be surrounded by 4 very good defenders? In that scenario, I think his shot blocking would be an asset and his lack of mobility would be masked by the tenacity of the other 4 guys. But I will say that i haven't watched enough TWolves/Jazz games to know if he's smart enough to thrive in this system.
I watched the Jazz a fair amount and he was maybe the worst team rebounder in the league among guys who still get boards.

I mean he's just not box out at all and let his man get the offensive board if he personally couldn't get to the ball. Lazy lazy play, and this was early in the season when Deron was still there. Very down on Al Jefferson after his play for the Jazz.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 01:00:13 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Boston Sends:

S&T Jeff Green (7 Mill)
S& T Baby ( 4 Mill)

Utah Sends:

Big Al.

My thinking was that because they're looking to get rid of both Al and Millsap to make way for Kanter and Favors that they would still need a back up 4/5 in Baby who was not threatening to start over the two players they're developing as well as having Green's ability to play te 4 sometimes would allow them the flexibility to develop Kanter and Favors while not overexhausting them.
When they say they are looking to deal Milsap and Al I think they mean they are looking to deal each of them but not both if that makes sense.

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 01:00:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Boston Sends:

S&T Jeff Green (7 Mill)
S& T Baby ( 4 Mill)

Utah Sends:

Big Al.

When they say they are looking to deal Milsap and Al I think they mean they are looking to deal each of them but not both if that makes sense.
You mean "one of them", not necessarily both?

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 01:06:25 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Boston Sends:

S&T Jeff Green (7 Mill)
S& T Baby ( 4 Mill)

Utah Sends:

Big Al.

Sounds more like both:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/216819/Jazz_Shopping_Jefferson_Millsap

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 01:06:59 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Putting Jefferson on this team for this season without giving up anybody in the starting lineup (obviously shifting JO to the bench and starting Jefferson) would certainly give us a much better shot at winning a title this year.

If we didn't win this year, however, I think our team would be significantly worse off going forward, since neither Rondo nor Jefferson is a franchise player yet they'd account for a large portion of our payroll.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 01:21:06 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Boston Sends:

S&T Jeff Green (7 Mill)
S& T Baby ( 4 Mill)

Utah Sends:

Big Al.

Sounds more like both:

How I read that is that they are shopping both, but I would assume that they would only deal one.

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 01:22:20 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Boston Sends:

S&T Jeff Green (7 Mill)
S& T Baby ( 4 Mill)

Utah Sends:

Big Al.

Sounds more like both:

How I read that is that they are shopping both, but I would assume that they would only deal one.

I think they're trying to clear both Al and Millsap so they can develop Kanter and Favors. Need to get rid of Al to develop Kanter and need to ditch millsap to develop Favors.

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 01:36:38 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Boston Sends:

S&T Jeff Green (7 Mill)
S& T Baby ( 4 Mill)

Utah Sends:

Big Al.

Sounds more like both:

I think they're trying to clear both Al and Millsap so they can develop Kanter and Favors. Need to get rid of Al to develop Kanter and need to ditch millsap to develop Favors.
Agree to disagree. Either way I'd take one of them.

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 01:47:53 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Putting Jefferson on this team for this season without giving up anybody in the starting lineup (obviously shifting JO to the bench and starting Jefferson) would certainly give us a much better shot at winning a title this year.

If we didn't win this year, however, I think our team would be significantly worse off going forward, since neither Rondo nor Jefferson is a franchise player yet they'd account for a large portion of our payroll.

Yeah, this is my take on it as well. The C's need to make moves that make us better today without handicapping our future.