Author Topic: Is There A Center We Can Trade BBD For?  (Read 9767 times)

Re: Is There A Center We Can Trade BBD For?
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2011, 10:32:35 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
How about Jeff Green and BBD for Perk.   I would totally support that. I'd throw in Avery bradley too, if they wanted him.

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 12:37:05 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Vin Baker  :D

I wonder if we can trade Rondo Jeff Green and BBD for CP3 David West and Emeka Okafors beast of burden Contract (Amesty to clear space for Dewey in 2012).

And speaking of the Beast of Burden, what is Semih Erden doing these days?
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 01:07:08 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Vin Baker  :D

I wonder if we can tradee Rondo Jeff Green and BBD for CP3 David West and Emeka Okafors beast of burden Contract (Amesty to clear space for Dewey in 2012).

And speaking of the Beast of Burden, what is Semih Erden doing these days?
WIKIPEDIA says Erden will be is still under contract to Cleveland, and will be returning.  But he  broke his finger 11/2/11 playing for Besikitas Milanaz in Turkey, and will be out for about two months.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 03:04:30 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Is there any player we could trade Big Baby for? I think his value is extremely extremely low if anything at all...

Just a crazy thought. Trade to Phoenix for Robin Lopez. Frye and Markieff Morris are there only legit PF's (Frye plays center sometimes too.) Warrick is more of a combo forward.

Robin Lopez. Unathletic, but gives effort and coachable. Legit 7'0'' who kind of regressed last season but showed promise before that. As a backup, why not.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 05:34:33 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I just don't know how much value BBD has.  In the bright financial landscape of 2009 after BBD had a heck of a playoff run in place of the injured KG, he could only come up with 2 years 6 million dollars. 

Now teams are cash strapped and BBD is coming off of a playoff performance where he averaged 4.9 points, 3.6 boards, and shot 39% from the field. Furthermore, he's facing Shaq ripping him for being selfish. 

If he was a 3 million dollar player then, what is he worth now?  2 million?  1 million?  Less than that?

I just don't see teams giving him much.  And if that's the case, I don't see why anyone would bother to sign and trade for him when they could just sign him cheaply. 

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2011, 05:56:59 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I just don't know how much value BBD has.  In the bright financial landscape of 2009 after BBD had a heck of a playoff run in place of the injured KG, he could only come up with 2 years 6 million dollars. 

Now teams are cash strapped and BBD is coming off of a playoff performance where he averaged 4.9 points, 3.6 boards, and shot 39% from the field. Furthermore, he's facing Shaq ripping him for being selfish. 

If he was a 3 million dollar player then, what is he worth now?  2 million?  1 million?  Less than that?

I just don't see teams giving him much.  And if that's the case, I don't see why anyone would bother to sign and trade for him when they could just sign him cheaply. 
I agree.  I think some people vastly over rate Davis based on the charges he took in the first half of the  season.  He was not a sixth man candidate last year.  He might have been if he was a little more grounded and stable, but he lost it the second half.  He has not improved each year with the Celtics, he has  shown stretches of good play but not consistency. And he has never come  to grips with his role.  Uncoachable, at least by Doc?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!